Zamboni

Running record of everything Kevyn Adams has done as the Sabres GM

Sheevyn's got to get something done for the top 6 (and preferably not losing Reino in the process and creating yet another top-6 hole) or at this rate his Order 66 will be his own purge.

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Sheevyn's got to get something done for the top 6 (and preferably not losing Reino in the process and creating yet another top-6 hole) or at this rate his Order 66 will be his own purge.

His job was to carry out the purge which I had no problem with. I'm not sure what he's doing now or better what he's not doing is following the owners dictates.

27 minutes ago, Radar said:

His job was to carry out the purge which I had no problem with. I'm not sure what he's doing now or better what he's not doing is following the owners dictates.

He's the GM and each one gets at least 2 seasons to remake the team in the image they want. So... we haven't really seen a Sheevyn team on the ice yet. But right now it feels a lot like a JBot team.

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

He's the GM and each one gets at least 2 seasons to remake the team in the image they want. So... we haven't really seen a Sheevyn team on the ice yet. But right now it feels a lot like a JBot team.

Worst actually

Let us face facts: because of how the Sabres executed The Tank, how impatient GMTM was, and how bad GMJB was, the Sabres have to pay 50% more to get 50% less than other teams.  Eichel and Dahlin are idiots if they don't force their way out now.

You who wanted to tank earned this.  You wanted losing to be the mindset and a habit, so here you are.  No excuses about ROR et al.: deliberate losing begot habitual losing.  I hope you are all spending 50% more on Sabres merchandise to show your pride.  Congratulations.

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Let us face facts: because of how the Sabres executed The Tank, how impatient GMTM was, and how bad GMJB was, the Sabres have to pay 50% more to get 50% less than other teams.  Eichel and Dahlin are idiots if they don't force their way out now.

You who wanted to tank earned this.  You wanted losing to be the mindset and a habit, so here you are.  No excuses about ROR et al.: deliberate losing begot habitual losing.  I hope you are all spending 50% more on Sabres merchandise to show your pride.  Congratulations.

I never get this logic about the tank. A tank doesn't create a mindset of losing that endures. You get rid of everybody and get a superstar and you have only one direction to go and that's up. Toronto tanked successfully. Ottawa looks to have done it now. The problem is never the tank, it's how you draft and what you do after the tank that matters. We drafted for crap and traded poorly and signed the wrong FAs. bad management simple as that. Rookie GMs given blank slates and cocking it all up. 

A team made up of young inexperienced players cannot, by definition have a mindset of being a loser. They learn to lose on that team. They came here winners. We broke them.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I never get this logic about the tank. A tank doesn't create a mindset of losing that endures. You get rid of everybody and get a superstar and you have only one direction to go and that's up. Toronto tanked successfully. Ottawa looks to have done it now. The problem is never the tank, it's how you draft and what you do after the tank that matters. We drafted for crap and traded poorly and signed the wrong FAs. bad management simple as that. Rookie GMs given blank slates and cocking it all up. 

A team made up of young inexperienced players cannot, by definition have a mindset of being a loser. They learn to lose on that team. They came here winners. We broke them.  

The blame is on the owners for continually  screwing up the hires. Kadams is just the latest in a long line of first time GMs. It isn’t working Terry. Its all on you.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sure it does.  Every time someone did something that made the team win, the GM traded them.  According to Zemgus, Larry, Risto, and others, whenever they made a good play, the players on the bench joked, "what are you trying to do, get yourself traded?"  That mentally becomes, "if I am here, I am a failure."

We need Larry, Zemgus, Risto, McCabe, Sam, and anyone else from the tank teams out of the organisation pronto.  That attitude is just visible when the team faces adversity.  The two times they dug themselves out of it, GMJB undermined them by not helping, whence it affects everyone else like Jack, Jeff, Rasmus, and the rest who were on those teams.

That stink stays on the team until all these players are gone or the GM gets lucky multiple times in ONE off-season: this one.  Otherwise, we are doomed.

Addendum: you are correct: we broke them.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
Thought a bit longer.

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

Signed some Hall guy, need Oates next.

FB_IMG_15597050700053377.jpg

18 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

FB_IMG_15597050700053377.jpg

Why does Oates have a guitar, while Hull has...what even is that?

15 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Because Oates was a studio guitarist & blondie was the singer.

And the thing Hull is holding is a microphone stand.

5 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Sure it does.  Every time someone did something that made the team win, the GM traded them.  According to Zemgus, Larry, Risto, and others, whenever they made a good play, the players on the bench joked, "what are you trying to do, get yourself traded?"  That mentally becomes, "if I am here, I am a failure."

We need Larry, Zemgus, Risto, McCabe, Sam, and anyone else from the tank teams out of the organisation pronto.  That attitude is just visible when the team faces adversity.  The two times they dug themselves out of it, GMJB undermined them by not helping, whence it affects everyone else like Jack, Jeff, Rasmus, and the rest who were on those teams.

That stink stays on the team until all these players are gone or the GM gets lucky multiple times in ONE off-season: this one.  Otherwise, we are doomed.

I don’t recall those quotes. Where did you hear that from?

47 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Idk haha, I just have this saved on my phone for when the correct moment to post arises 

So if Adams can turn into the Bean the witch as they call him at TBD then I think the Sabres may have found their long term GM.  Wonder if they are taking a page out of the Bills finding guys that can fit... and if they do great resign, if not short term contracts with no long term cap issues.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

So if Adams can turning into the Bean the witch as they call him at TBD then I think the Sabres may have found their long term GM.  Wonder if they are taking a page out of the Bills finding guys that can fit... and if they do great resign, if not short term contracts with no long term cap issues.

Considering there's only been 12 - 3 year deal signed this off season, they definitely are.  Whether that's due to philosophy (like in Beane's case) or a nod to the reality of not knowing what the market will be next season & figuring it's better to have flexibility & a possibility of having to overspend next year to replace guys that can walk rather than to have THEIR guys locked up but no way to afford them all, remains to be seen.

Edited by Taro T
Forgot Baby Giraffe's 3 year deal. D'oh!

So far.

Staal trade: A

Draft day-1: C

Draft day-2: A (it's all the Peterka trade-up / pick)

UFA Day-1 + Girgensons deal: F

Hall signing: A+++

RFA's SO FAR: A (Reinhart, Olofsson, and Ullmark are very important contracts, and could swing this to an F easily)

On 10/11/2020 at 11:48 PM, SDS said:

I don’t recall those quotes. Where did you hear that from?

I remember them in an interview after The Stank Season.  I can not find the references.  But my wife and I remember them distinctly.  We wondered what Moulson, Gionta, Ennis, Foligno, Myers, et al. had thought of this.  Should I find the quote, I will follow this up.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:47 PM, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Just a note:  McCabe and Reinhart were not on the tank teams.  They played a few games each but combined for only 18 games played during the 2013-14 and 14-15 seasons.  I doubt that was enough to break them.

Girgensons and Risto are the only Sabres who were actually members of the tank teams.