COVID-19

Indabuff

11 hours ago, miles said:

I got the booster and was sick as i ever have been my entire life. However, the 2nd day after, it was just a really bad headache. 

I will be glad i got the booster, but i was cursing it right after

I got a bit lightheaded for the first 12 hours. Felt perfectly fine the next 12 hours. Rounded it out with waking up with cold sweats 36 hours out.

Overall was milder compared to the original 2 doses

2 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

I got a bit lightheaded for the first 12 hours. Felt perfectly fine the next 12 hours. Rounded it out with waking up with cold sweats 36 hours out.

Overall was milder compared to the original 2 doses

I had nothing on the first shot, just sore arm. The second i had mild cold for a few days. This was way worse

• 3 weeks later...

Der Fuhrer Poloncarz has mandated masks again and is threatening Vaccine mandates along with potential lockdowns.

I have the vaccine and the booster already; but I know a person who literally can't have the vaccine due to allergies. (They are allergic to one of the ingredients) Why should they be ostracized? This has become Orwellian in their desire to control the populace.  

38 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Der Fuhrer Poloncarz has mandated masks again and is threatening Vaccine mandates along with potential lockdowns.

I have the vaccine and the booster already; but I know a person who literally can't have the vaccine due to allergies. (They are allergic to one of the ingredients) Why should they be ostracized? This has become Orwellian in their desire to control the populace.  

We are well past the point of lockdowns.  This is just crazy.

6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

honest answer? because *****heads that could get the vaccine have chosen to act like they are being persecuted like it is 1939.

20 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Lol at Der Fuhrer.  He is literally NOT preventing anyone from doing anything as long as they do the equivalent of wearing a shirt and shoes.

You guys are ***** crybabies in the middle of the single worst health crisis in 100 years+.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Lol at Der Fuhrer.  He is literally NOT preventing anyone from doing anything as long as they do the equivalent of wearing a shirt and shoes.

You guys are ***** crybabies in the middle of the single worst health crisis in 100 years+.

For starters I just really wanted to put Der Fuhrer in something lol. Poloncarz is a wannabe despot who is just another power hungry politician so I felt is worked pretty well. If it were Communistic styled I'd of called him Premier Poloncarz for the additional alliterative appeal.  

Also its more about the idea than anything else; I'm fully vaccinated and boostered so why should my family and I  be punished and inconvenienced for the short comings of others. That isn't the government's job nor right. My little sister has Downs and is touch and go with masks; as for me, as an asthmatic, it makes it harder to breathe when I'm moving around. I'm not someone who will refuse to wear one and cause trouble for the completely innocent workers caught in the crossfire but I should be allowed to complain about it without being being insulted or crucified on social media.

Doesn't help my general mood that Twitter is a cesspool of hypocrites who demonize and belittle people who say China made "COVID-19" while those same people applaud the conspiracy of the CIA killing JFK. Conspiracies are just that, conspiracies; and the extreme difference in their treatment by Twitter itself and the many users is rather telling. But that's a whole different topic. 

Masks are not punishment any more than helmets on motorcycles are, or seatbelts, or restaurant employees washing their hands, or zoning ordinances.  Its a low effort, easy to do preventative that protects people like your little sister.  Our stupidity regarding recoiling from what we are told to do harms the most vulnerable. Defiance of an easy to follow rule that protects the most vulnerable receives insult because the reasons for that defiance are generally petty and hyperbolic.  Yes, that is generic and not specific to any one individual because the reasons most commonly given for defiance are generic references to freedom and liberty.

Hint, libertarian ideals are based on the assumption that your actions will not harm another.  With mask mandates you cannot say there is no harm associated with defiance.

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, spndnchz said:

My niece got Covid. Scared the f out of me. After having it myself. It’s not fun. I wear a mask everywhere. 

Mu sister has it currently.  Vaccinated, and it doesn’t seem to be a severe.  She was exposed by someone she works with that got sick and wouldn’t get tested until she was forced to.

We are a selfish society.

12 hours ago, Weave said:

Mu sister has it currently.  Vaccinated, and it doesn’t seem to be a severe.  She was exposed by someone she works with that got sick and wouldn’t get tested until she was forced to.

We are a selfish society.

my wife's company is currently having a small outbreak when 3 people went to work sick and all of them have covid, 2 of them were unvax.

my wife got tested today because her company required it, but its too soon. its only been 1 day. she has another appointment friday night.

however our thanksgiving is screwed. we had a hotel booked to see my family and had to cancel it and cant get a refund. additionally, i had to get whole foods delivered because we didnt have any food for thanksgiving for us since we were expecting to go somewhere. it cost me an arm and a leg. 

its really irritating that basically we lost out on about 250 dollars because a couple of jagoffs dont know not to go to work when sick? come on, i told my wife to give them our hotel bill

My daughter tested positive. Six of the workers in her unit, as well. One with symptoms and the second time she’s had it.

It will be two months by the time we’re allowed to see her again because selfish stupid people don’t get vaxxed or wear masks.

So ***** tired of seeing the "resistance" ***** on social media concerning covid precautions. I bet 90% of the ***** saying that wearing a mask or vaccine mandates goes against personal freedoms are also telling women they don't have reproductive rights. If abortion is murder so is refusing to wear a mask and getting vaccinated

14 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

So ***** tired of seeing the "resistance" ***** on social media concerning covid precautions. I bet 90% of the ***** saying that wearing a mask or vaccine mandates goes against personal freedoms are also telling women they don't have reproductive rights. If abortion is murder so is refusing to wear a mask and getting vaccinated

4 years ago I started to believe that we were headed towards civil war.  Nothing that has been happening currently leads me to believe that train is slowing down any.  I think the whole COVID thing is being used as a lever to fuel those fires even further.  If this new variant takes us back to last year with closed economies and lockdowns, it might be the final spark. 

6 hours ago, Weave said:

If this new variant takes us back to last year with closed economies and lockdowns

I don't think that will happen. If I understand correctly (absolutely possible I am wrong) most virus run a course of becoming less lethal and more contagious. I don't think it is possible to eradicate covid anymore. It is the new flu.

30 years from now we will have a new generation of Frumps telling us how the new super pandemic virus is actually nothing because covid kills more people per year by comparison

14 hours ago, miles said:

I read online that the symptoms of the new one is a mild cough and tiredness, but it is very contagious 

That would be hopeful news.  The sample size is damned small right now.  I’m sure we’ll have a better idea right about the time my booster shot takes full effect.

well my wife tested negative for covid despite 2 coworkers going to the office sick with covid for 2 days. the vaccine worked for my wife.

of course the people that had covid and came into work were unvax, and they ruined our thanksgiving since we were supposed to see my elderly mother as a surprise. we couldnt go with my wife just being exposed like that

only cost us about 250 dollars in the cancelled hotel and rushing to get thanksgiving food delivered unexpectedly. F U to my wife's coworkers who think its OK to go to work when sick

s reactions share GIF

Edited by miles

47 minutes ago, miles said:

well my wife tested negative for covid despite 2 coworkers going to the office sick with covid for 2 days. the vaccine worked for my wife.

of course the people that had covid and came into work were unvax, and they ruined our thanksgiving since we were supposed to see my elderly mother as a surprise. we couldnt go with my wife just being exposed like that

only cost us about 250 dollars in the cancelled hotel and rushing to get thanksgiving food delivered unexpectedly. F U to my wife's coworkers who think its OK to go to work when sick

s reactions share GIF

Did they know they had COVID?

On 11/30/2021 at 12:33 PM, drnkirishone said:

Or you know call work and be like can't come in today I am sick

One of the girls that had covid that webt to work screwing up our Thanksgiving asked my wife how are Thanksgiving was, and my wife "nicely " let her know that she ruined our Thanksgiving 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Meh seems like Omicron panic , to be honest we are two years into this thing and no politician raised the real issue in the western world so far.

Just a failing healthcare system due to lack of government support.

Edit: and I say Omicron panic because out of all the reports so far, this might not be more than a common cold by now.

Edited by Huckleberry