2020 Off-season gameplan

GASabresIUFAN

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

This was changed in the CBA that was signed last month. The clause now stays and transfers with the contract. It’s up to the player whether he or not he wants waive it.

Wasn't aware of that.  Don't suppose you know where a copy of the new CBA might be found by any chance?  Looked for it a couple of weeks ago but couldn't find it (all links were either to the old one or just recaps of the recent negotiations).

Danke.

4 hours ago, rakish said:

I'm  going to argue the other side on this. The reason the player loses his NTC is contract law. If you waive a clause in your contract, you don't get to reclaim that power. In this case, the clause was never waived, it hadn't come into existence yet, so he won't lose it when he moves to a different team.

I might be wrong.

The old CBA EXPLICITLY said that a NMC/NTC only had to be honored by the team agreeing to it.  Apparently, the new CBA changed that provision.  (Still haven't seen the new 1, so am going off what has been reported.)

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wasn't aware of that.  Don't suppose you know where a copy of the new CBA might be found by any chance?  Looked for it a couple of weeks ago but couldn't find it (all links were either to the old one or just recaps of the recent negotiations).

Danke.

I haven’t seen it, but this is where I read the news:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/potential-cba-modifications-emerging-nhl-nhlpa-continue-negotiations/

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

The old CBA EXPLICITLY said that a NMC/NTC only had to be honored by the team agreeing to it.  Apparently, the new CBA changed that provision.  (Still haven't seen the new 1, so am going off what has been reported.)

I believe that this was only the case if the player in question waived the NTC  as part of the trade.  If the player is traded before the NTC takes affect, it remains in place and takes affect with the new team whenever it was scheduled to.  No?

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I believe that this was only the case if the player in question waived the NTC  as part of the trade.  If the player is traded before the NTC takes affect, it remains in place and takes affect with the new team whenever it was scheduled to.  No?

No.  The 2013 CBA EXPLICITLY stated in 11.8(a) ... If the Player is Traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring Club."

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Awesome!

Skimmed it and saw where NMCs/NTCs DO retain their original terms regardless of if the player gets traded or claimed off waivers now. 

Will have to look closer to see when it said the MOU needs to get incorporated directly into the old CBA to craft the new one.  That new CBA document won't truly exist until then though all the terms of the MOU are binding as of whenever both sides ratified it a month or so ago.  So will stop looking for it until after that date (presumably sometime this fall).

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, kas23 said:

The board would melt down if this guy walks for nothing. Pilut x1000. 

This. Can’t see any way that makes sense.

His qualifying offer is $3.3 million. That’s not any sort of back breaker and certainly tradeable.

Never mind that he’s worth that number.

I hope this has no basis other than wild speculation based on the front office cost-cutting.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

This. Can’t see any way that makes sense.

His qualifying offer is $3.3 million. That’s not any sort of back breaker and certainly tradeable.

Never mind that he’s worth that number.

I hope this has no basis other than wild speculation based on the front office cost-cutting.

Pittsburgh, Toronto and Winnipeg are three teams looking for RHD.

Jared McCann was scratched by the Pens, make that move.

Johassen, Kerfoot or Kapanen.

Andrew Copp from Winnipeg.

Hell even take a Draft Pick or Prospect, it’s better than nothing. 

5 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Talked with my source, said he had not heard that. Thought it was funny, wondering where they had heard that.

Friedmann has a recent (Botterill era) history of leaking Sabres news, and then being wrong, so it's not surprising.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If you think about it from outside of the Sabres it makes sense. Somebody just tells Friedman to put that rumor out there because they want some leverage in trade talks. Friedman does because that someone gives him insider info. 

If that kind of thing does happen, wouldn't GMs put 0 stock in that kind of thing?

2 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

If that kind of thing does happen, wouldn't GMs put 0 stock in that kind of thing?

Sure but Adams is a Freshmen and I bet some other NHL gm's also would believe it. It's all mind games and I 100% believe things are leaked to these national guys to help with trades/leverage 

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If you think about it from outside of the Sabres it makes sense. Somebody just tells Friedman to put that rumor out there because they want some leverage in trade talks. Friedman does because that someone gives him insider info. 

What leverage is gained against Adams by having a ridiculous leaked story he'll let Montour walk circulating?

All he has to do is reply he isn't Botterill & Montour isn't Pilut (who will likely be tendered a QO to retain his rights if/when he comes back btw) and that leverage has shifted to the new guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.