Jump to content
LGR4GM

Trade: Erod and Sheary traded to Pittsburgh for C/LW Dominik Kahun

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'd rather have Sheary than Simmonds every day of the week

Yes, but had to weaken at wing slightly to add the best player in the Sheary trade in Kahun. 

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

A player!

And he might be better than either we gave up!

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=160281

Best player in the trade, late bloomer, 2nd NHL season, 44 point pace at C. 

This is a move. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's 24 and turns 25 in July.

5'11", 175 lbs.  He played 2 years in the OHL (Sudbury, eh?) at ages 17 and 18, then played professionally in Germany for 4 years, then 1 year with the Blackhawks (37 pts in 82 games -- not bad for a rookie) and then 27 pts in 50 games this year with Pittsburgh.

He also played for Germany 3 times in the World Juniors and for them in the 2018 Olympics.

I wonder if RK knows him?

Seems like a nice pickup for 2 UFAs with little value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Any additional details on Kahun besides he could be a 3C next year?

Where does he fit now?

24 yr old center with 2 years of NHL experience. He's an RFA this year. Has played all the games the last 2 years in the NHL, except for recently where he was DTD with an injury.

image.thumb.png.23a5ab8e146cbd017180f223c737c4f1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nfreeman said:

He's 24 and turns 25 in July.

5'11", 175 lbs.  He played 2 years in the OHL (Sudbury, eh?) at ages 17 and 18, then played professionally in Germany for 4 years, then 1 year with the Blackhawks (37 pts in 82 games -- not bad for a rookie) and then 27 pts in 50 games this year with Pittsburgh.

He also played for Germany 3 times in the World Juniors and for them in the 2018 Olympics.

I wonder if RK knows him?

Seems like a nice pickup for 2 UFAs with little value.

Has to know him and his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'd give Botts an A for the day if he stopped right here 

B+

Also I think 1 more thing is going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sabills said:

Someone who knows more than me, is Kahun actually a center?

He is an actually can win a faceoff, although he doesn’t take many draws in Pitt.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dudacek said:

Can he mesh with Skinner?

I'll try a Skinner - Kahun - Simmonds  deployment on for size. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'd give Botts an A for the day if he stopped right here 

B

He did what he was supposed to. Didn't go above and beyond, didn't wow anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now (pending another deal) Vesey - Kahun - MoJo as the 2nd line, with Skinner - Lazar - Frolik as the 3rd. So, he's our 2C at this instant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a huge upgrade on ERod. And this is the type of low-profile deadline deal that sometimes looks like an enormous win in a few seasons.

Simmonds isn't as good as Sheary, but he fills a need better.

I'm thumbs up so far.

(To be honest, Sheary was my least favourite Sabre, and Erod was probably number two)

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also just cleared another couple million in cap from this team. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Right now (pending another deal) Vesey - Kahun - MoJo as the 2nd line, with Skinner - Lazar - Frolik as the 3rd. So, he's our 2C at this instant?

At this instant, yes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LGR4GM said:

We also just cleared another couple million in cap from this team. 

For this offseason, or for the next 20m? i.e. Sheary and Rodrigues were both gone, and Simmonds is a UFA, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry we sent out 5million and brought back only 925k

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

For this offseason, or for the next 20m? i.e. Sheary and Rodrigues were both gone, and Simmonds is a UFA, no?

We cleared that for this season. Kahun is on an entry level deal and Sheary and Erod were worth 5mil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LGR4GM said:

Sorry we sent out 5million and brought back only 925k

Kahun jumps to $3.7 though with his bonuses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsure of Kahun being an actual center at this point. 

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Kahun jumps to $3.7 though with his bonuses

Ah, okay so that's where that 2mil I saw comes from. Cool, thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...