Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

They will not go 3-11 in November.

Have you looked at the schedule? Maybe they pick up a win in the Toronto home and home, but they could easily lose to Carolina, Boston, Florida, Tampa, Calgary, and Toronto. This is a tough month and they're already 0-4.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They will not go 3-11 in November.

Tomorrow is not going to be pretty, not pretty at all. I am worried that one more bad losing streak will take its toll on Jack. I really think he is going to spiral if this losing continues. Can we wait as many years as Edmonton, or is it time to ship out top talent for players that can comprise a decent team. I honestly don't even care about the Cup anymore, just give me round 2 in the playoffs within the next 3 years.

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Have you looked at the schedule? Maybe they pick up a win in the Toronto home and home, but they could easily lose to Carolina, Boston, Florida, Tampa, Calgary, and Toronto. This is a tough month and they're already 0-4.

They can skate with any team. It’s only the heavy teams they have trouble with. I like your predictions in the other thread, but I think they beat Carolina and could beat Tampa and Calgary if Scandy’s back.

Just now, SwampD said:

They can skate with any team. It’s only the heavy teams they have trouble with. I like your predictions in the other thread, but I think they beat Carolina and could beat Tampa and Calgary if Scandy’s back.

If Scandella is what we are basing possible wins on, then they are in way deeper trouble than we think. Toronto is without Marner and Tavares and somehow find a way. God forbid this team should lose Eichel for a month.....we'd be talking about the top pick in the draft again.

53 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Is the Kings strategy, you can have Toffoli but you have to take Kovalchuk and convince him to come?

I can't picture that working with anyone but the cap floor teams.  It's the old "take on dead money" approach that the Coyotes have done since the dawn of man.  $6.25 million of guaranteed cap hit is way too much to take on for most.  Ironically enough, the Kings are one of those teams right now. I can't imagine they're a team that's strapped for cash, so I think they're just stuck with this one.  I don't know why they'd bother to hand away assets in order to free up cap when they already have plenty of freed up cap.

37 minutes ago, shrader said:

I can't picture that working with anyone but the cap floor teams.  It's the old "take on dead money" approach that the Coyotes have done since the dawn of man.  $6.25 million of guaranteed cap hit is way too much to take on for most.  Ironically enough, the Kings are one of those teams right now. I can't imagine they're a team that's strapped for cash, so I think they're just stuck with this one.  I don't know why they'd bother to hand away assets in order to free up cap when they already have plenty of freed up cap.

After Dec 15th it’s something like $700K cash this year and “only” $4.25M next year. Definitely a cash floor or below cap spending team.

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I wonder if we should be looking at Minnesota as a potential partner. 

Zucker, Fiala, Erikson-Ek and possibly Donato have been mentioned as trade candidates by Michael Russo of The Athletic. 

Zucker has a modified NTC though. 

They're in cap hell on defense. Way too much salary tied up there already. Maybe they'd want some of our pending UFA forwards + Mittelstadt for a forward or two in order to put them in a better cap spot in the offseason?

16 hours ago, tom webster said:

After Dec 15th it’s something like $700K cash this year and “only” $4.25M next year. Definitely a cash floor or below cap spending team.

They're pretty much a cap floor team but with deep pockets if they move the Kovalchuk deal.  I have no idea why they'd give away a single asset to get rid of him.  If you want him out of your locker room, you can do that without a trade.

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The real question is why do you have a poop flavored lolli to trade in the first place? 

They can't be all that difficult to make.  Uncomfortable, yes, but not difficult.

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

They're in cap hell on defense. Way too much salary tied up there already. Maybe they'd want some of our pending UFA forwards + Mittelstadt for a forward or two in order to put them in a better cap spot in the offseason?

I’m not trading Mitts in any trade involving the names mentioned.

The only guys worth a recent 1st rounder who has a lot of skill but has had some bumps would be Dumba, and maybe a half retained Suter since he’d eat minutes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.