Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I would be disappointed if Toffoli was the only move. He's a low risk piece that couldn't hurt, but i want more.

It's not enough. It would be a safe move and at this point that's not going to cut it. It's like punting on 4th and 1 from the 40... congrats, you got maybe 20 more yards of field position. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's not enough. It would be a safe move and at this point that's not going to cut it. It's like punting on 4th and 1 from the 40... congrats, you got maybe 20 more yards of field position. 

They would need to make room for him anyway. I think trading some D to another team to make cap space nets us a player we like other than Toffoli, and then Toffoli comes for picks or a budget player. I don't like LA as the primary trade partner. There's gotta be something else.

I like Colorado.

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

They would need to make room for him anyway. I think trading some D to another team to make cap space nets us a player we like other than Toffoli, and then Toffoli comes for picks or a budget player. I don't like LA as the primary trade partner. There's gotta be something else.

I like Colorado.

Who from Colorado? 

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I like Colorado.

Still think Ristolainen for Ehlers makes too much sense and  would like to see that happen.  (Whatever tweaks to even it out wouldn't be too major.)

It not only fixes the 1st line and gets the 2nd line better match ups as opponents have to always use their top pairing against Eichel and then put whichever line (top or checking) that they want matched up there.

It lets Mittelstadt have Olofsson and either Sheary or Vesey based on matchups.  Drops Rodrigues to 14th F.

And even more importantly, forces Krueger ' s hand into keeping Eichel and Ristolainen separated.  Still not thrilled with having those 2 out together when the other team is cycling.

It also would probably free up the cap room to allow picking up a Toffoli to help Mitts. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If Risto gets us Nieto and Compher does that work? They immediately become our 7th and 8th best forwards.

No. 

Top 6 forward or nothing. I am sick of picking up plugs. 

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Still think Ristolainen for Ehlers makes too much sense and  would like to see that happen.  (Whatever tweaks to even it out wouldn't be too major.)

It not only fixes the 1st line and gets the 2nd line better match ups as opponents have to always use their top pairing against Eichel and then put whichever line (top or checking) that they want matched up there.

It lets Mittelstadt have Olofsson and either Sheary or Vesey based on matchups.  Drops Rodrigues to 14th F.

And even more importantly, forces Krueger ' s hand into keeping Eichel and Ristolainen separated.  Still not thrilled with having those 2 out together when the other team is cycling.

It also would probably free up the cap room to allow picking up a Toffoli to help Mitts. 

It would also get rid of Risto so I can stop watching him fire pucks around the boards to no one and be useless in his own end. 4 ***** coaches at this point and Risto is still the same player. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I still struggle with seeing Winnipeg pulling the trigger on this. They really don't need Risto as bad as we need Ehlers.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No. 

Top 6 forward or nothing. I am sick of picking up plugs. 

It would also get rid of Risto so I can stop watching him fire pucks around the boards to no one and be useless in his own end. 4 ***** coaches at this point and Risto is still the same player. 

I want him gone just so we don’t have to hear your tired narrative anymore.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I still struggle with seeing Winnipeg pulling the trigger on this. They really don't need Risto as bad as we need Ehlers.

Have you looked at their defense? It is devoid of talent on the right side. Neal Pionk and Tucker Poolman are their only RHD. 

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I want him gone just so we don’t have to hear your tired narrative anymore.

What's your deal? You have been a complete ass to me the last month or so. Always little sniping garbage comments like this. You don't like my narrative ***** block me and be done with it. 

28 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Surprising no trade yet to be honest. I am curious if there's multiple deals, one large deal or if it is merely a Toffoli type deal. Hope it happens shortly whatever it is.

Botterill's trying. There's also been rumblings that with the Sweden trip condensing the rest of our November schedule, and injuries to our blue line, they're waiting till December

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Have you looked at their defense? It is devoid of talent on the right side. Neal Pionk and Tucker Poolman are their only RHD. 

What's your deal? You have been a complete ass to me the last month or so. Always little sniping garbage comments like this. You don't like my narrative ***** block me and be done with it. 

I like your hockey talk, but we know you don’t like Sobotka and Risto. We know cuz you tell us every other post, sometimes in all caps. We get it.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I have looked at their defense. And what I see is that it's working just fine. Perhaps they'd like a depth piece on the right side as the season goes along, but I don't know if they need Risto.

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I have looked at their defense. And what I see is that it's working just fine. Perhaps they'd like a depth piece on the right side as the season goes along, but I don't know if they need Risto.

I think they need him. They have nothing else on the right side at all. Even their prospect pool on the right is suspect. 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think they need him. They have nothing else on the right side at all. Even their prospect pool on the right is suspect. 

I just don't see it. They're all playing good-enough hockey and the effectiveness of their forwards group is helping to cover up any deficiencies they have on D. I think if I were Winnipeg I would be hesitant to start removing goal scoring from the front end just to get a defenseman who is essentially Tyler Myers Redux.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I just don't see it. They're all playing good-enough hockey and the effectiveness of their forwards group is helping to cover up any deficiencies they have on D. I think if I were Winnipeg I would be hesitant to start removing goal scoring from the front end just to get a defenseman who is essentially Tyler Myers Redux.

maybe, that would make sense from their end. 

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

With this kind of info at hand how could you say anyone "needs"  Risto. If he is that bad in your eyes, who would want him and what kind of garbage are they going to give us? 

7 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

With this kind of info at hand how could you say anyone "needs"  Risto. If he is that bad in your eyes, who would want him and what kind of garbage are they going to give us? 

I watched a team trade Skinner for nothing and also trade ROR for nothing. Someone, somewhere will value him more. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

But if someone values him more than you do it just might be a Ville Leino that we get in return.

Or we could get Briere. We can play what if all day long. The point is we need to make a trade and Risto is a solid piece to do it with.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.