GDT: 11/8/2019 2pm ET Tampa at Buffalo Sabres in ModoLand, NBCSN and WGR550

jsb

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Just how it works. They'll readjust and get hot again, and then cool down again, and so on

I still think it's been a more extremes based roller coaster than you often see. It was RED hot, then ICE cold. I get there are big variations, but it seems extreme right now. 

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Had to work longer than expected.  Back with 13 minutes left.  Just saw Tampa score and then our failed PP. 

Was wondering how many guys Skinner would have to fend off before someone helped him.  

Soft team.  

They are soft and does anyone on this team have the killer instinct ? That win at all cost attitude ? I can’t think of one.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Zamboni said:

What’s needed more than any kind of grit as some fans want, this team doesn’t have one or two “take the game over” type players. Even Eichel isn’t that. We haven’t had that since Hasek left.

Eichel has his moments, I've seen him do it. Dahlin will get there. 

But, ya

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That pairing is out for more shots against. They have the most failed zone exits per pairing. They have a difficult time completing tape to tape passes, the Reinhart Goal being the an exception, (Blind Squirrel Nut Analogy) , Skinner, Reinhart Corsi gets worse when their respective lines are out with McCabe and Risto. And neither is a capable puck mover.  

The Dahlin-Miller Pairing is not longer together and they had the worse analytics on the team but they were a threat to create scoring chances. 

14D746E9-3987-418E-B57A-D09EA5AEF7D0.png

47A442BF-C0F4-442F-AFE9-435D33CCC589.png

What should the pairings be ?

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

They said 2/13 in this current lull? I don't think that's very crazy. That's 5% lower than a good power play 

Maybe my view is affected too much by the eye-test, then. Cause you are right, it's not crazy. So it's probably because they haven't looked CLOSE to scoring on those other 11. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.