GDT: 11/8/2019 2pm ET Tampa at Buffalo Sabres in ModoLand, NBCSN and WGR550

jsb

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

You know, the longer I think about it, I'm getting more and more pissed that there was NO response from anyone to the Kucherov hit on Sobotka.  Jump in, get your ass kicked (or not), but jump in IMMEDIATELY.  At this point, I think RFK needs to set up a drill with a mannequin in a Sabres jersey that gets drilled, and have every single player dive in to take a shot at it.  You play like you practice, no????

The first week of the season we did jump in and supported any player that got rocked. Even 23 jumped in.  

Look at ***** that Tampa did to Skinner after the high stick penalty .  He was approach by 3 separate players and not one Sabres was there in support.  

I think they spent 3 days drinking beer and eating meatballs.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

You know, the longer I think about it, I'm getting more and more pissed that there was NO response from anyone to the Kucherov hit on Sobotka.  Jump in, get your ass kicked (or not), but jump in IMMEDIATELY.  At this point, I think RFK needs to set up a drill with a mannequin in a Sabres jersey that gets drilled, and have every single player dive in to take a shot at it.  You play like you practice, no????

I miss the Barnaby - May - Ray days.  It's always best to have a few guys who can dish it out when the situation calls for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

I think we're agreeing here but what would it have done for the morale of the team if Mitts dove at Kutcherov and wrestled for a while.  I'm not saying, throw off the helmets, skate to center ice and throw down.  I'm saying do SOMETHING besides writing a scathing letter to Kutcherov's agent after that game expressing your displeasure with his client.

I don’t think anyone agreed with you yet except for me.  I’m a 61 year old old school hockey fan. I admit and i think the game is better when the rough stuff gets addressed.  That said, we have no one to do that and most teams don’t either.  It would help to have a few players that other teams worry about.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

We are still short an elite winger and a true 2nd line center. (We had one but gave him away-just reality).   We also lack a gritty forward that can add 15-20 goals.  Our defensive core is quite young.  Infants by NHL standards.  We haven't exactly been drafting good enough to change things.  We could be possibly stuck where we are for years to come.  There simply has not yet been enough discernable progress.  JBot's seat is gong to get warmer if they don't soon.  

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

A player will help, but them playing the puck around the boards nonstop and not tape to tape is the bigger issue. 

When many of our guys try to peel the puck off the boards they don't have the hands and processing speed to make good things happen without losing the puck. They're not dumb, and would rather make plays that aren't as likely to be automatic turnovers, so their default is to battle on the boards and use the point men as a pressure release valve, it definitely is in part a roster issue because this has been the story of our offense since the tank ended spanning three different coaches

52 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm remembering someone posting that we were going to sweep tampa this year. ? 

I think we're going to win tomorrow though, I can feel it in my bones 

We better because I’m ready to burn this mother down 

flame thrower fire GIF

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The more I see that play by Kucherov on Sobotka the more pissed I get. What a scumbag

The ref was staring right at it too and had the nerve to tell Ralph he didn't see it

Complaining about NHL officiating is like complaining about snow in Western NY.  

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The more I see that play by Kucherov on Sobotka the more pissed I get. What a scumbag

The ref was staring right at it too and had the nerve to tell Ralph he didn't see it

I honestly don't know what was more ridiculous: that the dirtbag wasn't given a major and sent off or that he wasn't at least hit with an interference call because at the time he delivered the hit the puck was somewhere in Malmo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.