GDT: 11/8/2019 2pm ET Tampa at Buffalo Sabres in ModoLand, NBCSN and WGR550

jsb

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Absolutely and I’m still a huge fan of both Botterill and Krueger and I believe the you’re right about the plan for next year. 

That being said, they have played enough games this season to demonstrate that 19-55 shouldn’t be a pairing, much less playing the most out of any pairings.

The Sobotka Reclamation Project should be over. 

And the Vesey Trade has been less than expected 

Kucherov has granted your request.

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

That would be my preference probably as well, but Reinhart should move to line 2, then

Skinner - Eichel - Sheary

Olofsson - Johansson - Reinhart

I agree, and the focus being on next year isn't necessarily a good thing, either. 

I'm good with that.  

You then have

X - Casey - Vesey

Girgs - Lars - Okposo 

but they should really shorten the bench rolling the first two lines and giving the 4th line a shift every third rotation or so to keep their legs somewhat fresh.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

You're expecting a bit much.  TB playing really tough D whenever we cross the line.  And f it wasn't for Montour, we'd rarely get out of our own end.

It's expecting a bit much for the team I support to be ... the better team on the ice?

Image result for john candy i give up

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Absolutely and I’m still a huge fan of both Botterill and Krueger and I believe the you’re right about the plan for next year. 

That being said, they have played enough games this season to demonstrate that 19-55 shouldn’t be a pairing, much less playing the most out of any pairings.

The Sobotka Reclamation Project should be over. 

And the Vesey Trade has been less than expected 

The biggest remaining data point available to come here is what Botterill does in season, if things continue more/less down the road they are going. Whether or not he, unlike last year, thinks this current team deserves a trade to fortify the ranks. Not a "mortgage the future" deal, at all, but a hockey trade, from our surplus on D to supplement the forwards. 

It's been rumored he's in the market for a trade, but we've heard that before. Let's see what he does, if anything. 

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

That would be my preference probably as well, but Reinhart should move to line 2, then

Skinner - Eichel - Sheary

Olofsson - Johansson - Reinhart

I agree, and the focus being on next year isn't necessarily a good thing, either. 

Sheary doesn't belong with Eichel and Skinner, can't handle the puck and is a linear player.

3 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Kucherov has granted your request.

I'm good with that.  

You then have

X - Casey - Vesey

Girgs - Lars - Okposo 

but they should really shorten the bench rolling the first two lines and giving the 4th line a shift every third rotation or so to keep their legs somewhat fresh.

Rumor is Botterill was looking for a bottom 6 guy as well so he could be that "X", but I still wouldn't mind trying Rodrigues on line 3 for the time being. If he adds a top 6 forward, that guy can bump Sobotka/Sheary down from RW2, to line 3, or Olofsson down to line 3, or just represent a top 6 player playing on our 3rd line. 

Big boost either way. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.