Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

What happens when Montour returns?

Recommended Posts

BTW, if the Sabres are able to get, say, a 2nd-rounder for Scandy at the deadline, that will be a nice restoration of value by RK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Derrico said:

Gilmour goes down and Scandy sits.  But JFC we have Pilut AND Borgen sitting in Roch right now who are old enough they don't necessarily need anymore seasoning and have alot of potential.  I still don't want the Sabres to move Risto for the sake of moving him but if the right price (top 6 forward) return is available they can make that trade and still have very good depth imo.

No need to send Gilmour down when Montour is ready unless somehow Bogosian's recovery beats his or unless they've decided to carry 2 extra forwards rather than just Rodrigues.

They're only carrying 22 healthy bodies and both Bogosian's and Montour's contracts count against the cap already and they are cap compliant.

I'm expecting Gilmour stays up until they're forced to make him the 24th healthy body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No need to send Gilmour down when Montour is ready unless somehow Bogosian's recovery beats his or unless they've decided to carry 2 extra forwards rather than just Rodrigues.

They're only carrying 22 healthy bodies and both Bogosian's and Montour's contracts count against the cap already and they are cap compliant.

I'm expecting Gilmour stays up until they're forced to make him the 24th healthy body.

Oh wow, are you saying we’re allowed three scratches per game but we’re only using two right now?  Yes in that case no move would be necessary until Bogo is ready as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Oh wow, are you saying we’re allowed three scratches per game but we’re only using two right now?  Yes in that case no move would be necessary until Bogo is ready as well.

You can roster 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Oh wow, are you saying we’re allowed three scratches per game but we’re only using two right now?  Yes in that case no move would be necessary until Bogo is ready as well.

Yepper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

BTW, if the Sabres are able to get, say, a 2nd-rounder for Scandy at the deadline, that will be a nice restoration of value by RK.

And Botterill has proven he is not afraid to flip those picks for NHL Players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I liked his response on the hit on Sampson, I think Miller will be the odd man out. Either him or Joker. Joker could use some seasoning (ei. minutes) in the A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 9:37 AM, Neo said:

Just yesterday, we were bringing Andrej Meszaros in ....

Talk about a waste of 4 mill.

Maybe we should have the worst 50 Sabres of all time thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 10:00 PM, SwampD said:

As much as I liked his response on the hit on Sampson, I think Miller will be the odd man out. Either him or Joker. Joker could use some seasoning (ei. minutes) in the A.

After last night I think Dahlin could use some time off to get his head straight. Woof. 

Scandella might be injured so maybe Montour fills in for him. Unsure of Scandella's injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

After last night I think Dahlin could use some time off to get his head straight. Woof. 

Scandella might be injured so maybe Montour fills in for him. Unsure of Scandella's injury. 

I’m guessing his groin. A Ranger hooked his leg and no call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

After last night I think Dahlin could use some time off to get his head straight. Woof.

Scandella might be injured so maybe Montour fills in for him. Unsure of Scandella's injury. 

The kid had one (very) bad game.  Probably had a bit more nerves than normal playing in the home barn of a national hero (Lundqvist) and the shift before he had that 1st major 'oh ####' moment had received a buddy pass from his partner that resulted in him getting rocked on the boards.  Things snowballed from there. 

He was actually finally having the sort of shift people expect from him on the 4v4 in the 3rd and then Eichel had his own rookie level play and everybody was another -1.

Was really hoping he was going to score on that shot right before Jack's turnover (for more than just the obvious reason of them only being down a single goal with more than 1/2 a period to play) because if he'd've scored on King Henrik he would've been playing at a Norris level those last 10 minutes as he'd be able to do no wrong after that.  But wasn't meant to be.

That game was soooo bad, just pitch it out the window as the outlier it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 7:48 AM, LTS said:

This is his last year here.  You want him back because if he can prove he's healthy enough to play some team will take his experience and leadership as a 7-8 D for the playoffs and the Sabres will get some level of return, even if that return is a 7th rounder in 2022.

If he does not return, the Sabres don't even get that.  Bogosian isn't a BAD player, he's just hurt too often.  I don't know if he can keep up with the Sabres game play this season, especially after all the hip problems, but he was never the worst guy on the ice.  He just wasn't worth his contract.

Hopefully he’s OUR vet D add for the playoffs 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 4:35 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Talk about a waste of 4 mill.

Maybe we should have the worst 50 Sabres of all time thread. 

Messy Balls.  Messy Balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...