Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

What happens when Montour returns?

Recommended Posts

In about a week we're going to have to confront the issue of an overloaded RH d corpse and 3 guys that are playing pretty well on that side; so what happens when Montour comes back? I really don't want Jokiharju going anywhere, and with McCabe having the A I doubt he sits. So it's either Scandella, or Jokiharju IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The obvious answer WAS to send Joki down....until we heard that Botts told him to find a house in Buffalo. 

I'm hoping for a trade. But they could just sit somebody and have a legit player on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilmour goes down.  Joki rotates in to give other D a rest.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Gilmour goes down.  Joki rotates in to give other D a rest.

This

Seems 

Logical.

Otherwise...

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I really have no idea what to expect.

What dark said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Gilmour goes down.  Joki rotates in to give other D a rest.

I'm content with this.  That's a pretty solid group of 7 right there.  They're not all going to stay healthy, so I'm more than happy to roll with that group in the short term.  If they want to make a trade, that's fine, but they've got the luxury of time right now thanks to the fast start.  They don't need to rush into any deal.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to figure out where Montour fits on this roster.

Dahlin-Miller seems to work really well.

McCabe-Risto are eating the heavy defensive minutes

Scandella-Joker are doing a completely reasonable job as the 3rd D pair.

I think what ultimately happens is Miller shifts to McCabe's spot and Dahlin and Montour become our offensive D line. Risto is the odd-man out unless they really like his play with McCabe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Gilmour goes down.  Joki rotates in to give other D a rest.

He would have to go on waivers, could get snatched up by a team like Winnipeg.

Can Monty play RW? Put him on with Mojo and Skinny. Sobotka can .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm trying to figure out where Montour fits on this roster.

Dahlin-Miller seems to work really well.

McCabe-Risto are eating the heavy defensive minutes

Scandella-Joker are doing a completely reasonable job as the 3rd D pair.

I think what ultimately happens is Miller shifts to McCabe's spot and Dahlin and Montour become our offensive D line. Risto is the odd-man out unless they really like his play with McCabe.

The effectiveness with which the bold is happening is decreasing steadily, unfortunately. I'm not married to this pairing at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The effectiveness with which the bold is happening is decreasing steadily, unfortunately. I'm not married to this pairing at all

I'm inclined to agree with you. So the question is, what happens to it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm inclined to agree with you. So the question is, what happens to it? 

Not sure, but I briefly recall (and could be completely wrong in my recollection) McCabe-Montour looking pretty good together last year?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Not sure, but I briefly recall (and could be completely wrong in my recollection) McCabe-Montour looking pretty good together last year?

I don't have any recollection. But that would give us 3 d pairs that could score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I think scandella is the odd man out. I dont think risto gets traded since he seems happy now that they are winning. 

Scandella is ufa after this season and could get a 3rd round pick maybe a halfway decent minor league player 

Although someone here suggested montour gets traded away to the jets 

 

I dont see jokiharju being sent down. He is playing too good.

 

The defense is really good right now, I would hate to see it changed. 

Edited by miles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Gilmour goes down.  Joki rotates in to give other D a rest.

I don’t think they would keep Jokiharju up unless he is going to be playing every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a delightful dilemma to have.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jokiharju... acquired in a trade for a guy who couldn't crack the lineup in Buffalo.

Jokiharju who can be sent down without clearing waivers.

Jokiharju is the logical choice and since his play is basically making it hard to send him down says that was a great trade.

It's a great problem to have right now.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WildCard said:

In about a week we're going to have to confront the issue of an overloaded RH d corpse and 3 guys that are playing pretty well on that side; so what happens when Montour comes back? I really don't want Jokiharju going anywhere, and with McCabe having the A I doubt he sits. So it's either Scandella, or Jokiharju IMO

RHD corpse? Is this about Bogosian?

22 minutes ago, ... said:

Best trade available?

Friedman seemed to hint that Botterill is exploring options for other guys beyond Risto and seeing where the best value is.

If you can get Ehlers for Montour, but not Risto, does that make you move Montour? Does someone out there love McCabe, or regret not offering more for Miller? What is the market for Scandy?

But the most likely solution is to send Gilmour down when Montour is ready, rotate your seven until the next injury arrives or Joker sits out too much and wait until the deadline, or someone gets desperate for D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with Joki being the junior guy he sits a couple games. Not saying I have an issue with his play or anything. However if Ristolainen gets his minutes cut in a positive way and Joki challenges Marco I could see Marco getting traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WildCard said:

In about a week we're going to have to confront the issue of an overloaded RH d corpse and 3 guys that are playing pretty well on that side; so what happens when Montour comes back? I really don't want Jokiharju going anywhere, and with McCabe having the A I doubt he sits. So it's either Scandella, or Jokiharju IMO

Probably will have to get the Coroner involved.

  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, French Collection said:

He would have to go on waivers, could get snatched up by a team like Winnipeg.

I'm not sure I care.  He might have been signed as depth, knowing that we would have defensemen coming off IR as the season wore on.  Maybe trade him for a pick to WPG (so WPG knows they get him, instead of a lower team snatching him up).

Edited by Doohickie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t think they would keep Jokiharju up unless he is going to be playing every game.

Why?  Didn't they tell him "get a house"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it funny that everyone is happy with our D when we gave up 47 SOG just last night.                                                                                                                                                             

 If a trade gets done it will have to fit the cap, so a Scandy trade for a pick/ prospect would seem the most likely suggestion. But who moves to Scandy's spot?

Is their any possibility of putting something together with one of our D++ to get Hall on a sign and trade?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...