What happens when Montour returns?

WildCard

In about a week we're going to have to confront the issue of an overloaded RH d corpse and 3 guys that are playing pretty well on that side; so what happens when Montour comes back? I really don't want Jokiharju going anywhere, and with McCabe having the A I doubt he sits. So it's either Scandella, or Jokiharju IMO

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Gilmour goes down.  Joki rotates in to give other D a rest.

I'm content with this.  That's a pretty solid group of 7 right there.  They're not all going to stay healthy, so I'm more than happy to roll with that group in the short term.  If they want to make a trade, that's fine, but they've got the luxury of time right now thanks to the fast start.  They don't need to rush into any deal.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm trying to figure out where Montour fits on this roster.

Dahlin-Miller seems to work really well.

McCabe-Risto are eating the heavy defensive minutes

Scandella-Joker are doing a completely reasonable job as the 3rd D pair.

I think what ultimately happens is Miller shifts to McCabe's spot and Dahlin and Montour become our offensive D line. Risto is the odd-man out unless they really like his play with McCabe.

13 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm trying to figure out where Montour fits on this roster.

Dahlin-Miller seems to work really well.

McCabe-Risto are eating the heavy defensive minutes

Scandella-Joker are doing a completely reasonable job as the 3rd D pair.

I think what ultimately happens is Miller shifts to McCabe's spot and Dahlin and Montour become our offensive D line. Risto is the odd-man out unless they really like his play with McCabe.

The effectiveness with which the bold is happening is decreasing steadily, unfortunately. I'm not married to this pairing at all

Honestly I think scandella is the odd man out. I dont think risto gets traded since he seems happy now that they are winning. 

Scandella is ufa after this season and could get a 3rd round pick maybe a halfway decent minor league player 

Although someone here suggested montour gets traded away to the jets 

I dont see jokiharju being sent down. He is playing too good.

The defense is really good right now, I would hate to see it changed. 

Edited by miles

Jokiharju... acquired in a trade for a guy who couldn't crack the lineup in Buffalo.

Jokiharju who can be sent down without clearing waivers.

Jokiharju is the logical choice and since his play is basically making it hard to send him down says that was a great trade.

It's a great problem to have right now.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

In about a week we're going to have to confront the issue of an overloaded RH d corpse and 3 guys that are playing pretty well on that side; so what happens when Montour comes back? I really don't want Jokiharju going anywhere, and with McCabe having the A I doubt he sits. So it's either Scandella, or Jokiharju IMO

RHD corpse? Is this about Bogosian?

22 minutes ago, ... said:

Best trade available?

Friedman seemed to hint that Botterill is exploring options for other guys beyond Risto and seeing where the best value is.

If you can get Ehlers for Montour, but not Risto, does that make you move Montour? Does someone out there love McCabe, or regret not offering more for Miller? What is the market for Scandy?

But the most likely solution is to send Gilmour down when Montour is ready, rotate your seven until the next injury arrives or Joker sits out too much and wait until the deadline, or someone gets desperate for D.

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Probably will have to get the Coroner involved.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

He would have to go on waivers, could get snatched up by a team like Winnipeg.

I'm not sure I care.  He might have been signed as depth, knowing that we would have defensemen coming off IR as the season wore on.  Maybe trade him for a pick to WPG (so WPG knows they get him, instead of a lower team snatching him up).

Edited by Doohickie

I find it funny that everyone is happy with our D when we gave up 47 SOG just last night.                                                                                                                                                             

If a trade gets done it will have to fit the cap, so a Scandy trade for a pick/ prospect would seem the most likely suggestion. But who moves to Scandy's spot?

Is their any possibility of putting something together with one of our D++ to get Hall on a sign and trade?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.