2019 NHL Draft

LGR4GM

Since I didn't have the exact conversion for every league I basically took the lowest unless I thought otherwise. You will see a bunch of leagues got that .23 conversion because of this. I did give the USDP a .26 because they play against some tougher competition than their USHL counterparts (who I gave a 0.25). Personally I think the USHL is better than the Q but decided to error on the side of caution. Also, I don't think Kakko will only get 30points, he should get more. 

NHLEquiv_2019draft.thumb.PNG.116fde7b60889f4bb94ac49766dcb897.PNG

NHLEquiv_2019draftB.thumb.PNG.5d0bf721dbd5c420edf5615a2a97d3a2.PNG

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Since I didn't have the exact conversion for every league I basically took the lowest unless I thought otherwise. You will see a bunch of leagues got that .23 conversion because of this. I did give the USDP a .26 because they play against some tougher competition than their USHL counterparts (who I gave a 0.25). Personally I think the USHL is better than the Q but decided to error on the side of caution. Also, I don't think Kakko will only get 30points, he should get more. 

NHLEquiv_2019draft.thumb.PNG.116fde7b60889f4bb94ac49766dcb897.PNG

NHLEquiv_2019draftB.thumb.PNG.5d0bf721dbd5c420edf5615a2a97d3a2.PNG

Can you give me your perfect draft for the Sabres with their top3 picks? 

Mine is (Zegras or cozens at 7,  Hoglander, Brink, Robertson or Tomasino at 30/31 and Mads Sogaard at 67 as they need to add another goalie to the prospect pool) 

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Can you give me your perfect draft for the Sabres with their top3 picks? 

Mine is (Zegras or cozens at 7,  Hoglander, Brink, Robertson or Tomasino at 30/31 and Mads Sogaard at 67 as they need to add another goalie to the prospect pool) 

Alex Turcotte (7th), Nils Hoglander (30th), Ethan Keppen (67th), Goalie (98th). 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Any word on if we have a 4th round pick this year yet? Came in the Kane trade, Sharks have option of deferring to 2020 3rd. 

Pretty sure that’s a call that can be made on the draft floor.

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hmm ok. I like to follow the draft on Saturday (like most here I'm sure) so for selfish reasons I hope they get the pick this year. If not, they'll have none in rounds 2, 4, and 5 so it'll be a little slow. 

Edited by Thorny

39 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Any Bobby Brink fans? What’s the odds he’s around at 30/1? So long as we don’t draft Caufield, I think he’s the pick I want there, assuming he’s around. 

He looks attractive if still there at 30. Got some skill.

I don't think there's any way we get a shot at Kakko though he would be a great addition. 

I simply don't want any more small, finesse players. We need talented players, but we need more physicality to stand up to bigger teams. It's still a physical game. 

I'd take Cozens, Boldy, or Dach. All three have size, skill and can skate, thought Dach is not as good a skater as the others. 

Just not a fan of a 5'11, 180 lb player. We have way too many of those. We've got to get bigger!

At the end of round 1, assuming we go with a forward in the top of round 1, I'd look for another quality defender. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

I don't think there's any way we get a shot at Kakko though he would be a great addition. 

I simply don't want any more small, finesse players. We need talented players, but we need more physicality to stand up to bigger teams. It's still a physical game. 

I'd take Cozens, Boldy, or Dach. All three have size, skill and can skate, thought Dach is not as good a skater as the others. 

Just not a fan of a 5'11, 180 lb player. We have way too many of those. We've got to get bigger!

At the end of round 1, assuming we go with a forward in the top of round 1, I'd look for another quality defender. 

Things that don't matter, a player's weight at 18yrs old. 

Also I'm not sure we have 1 5'11" 180lb skater... maybe Olofsson? 

Edited by LGR4GM

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

I highly doubt it. They probably have to make the call at least 24 hours prior to the draft.

The Isles had until June 1st to make the call on whether to keep the 5th overall pick or give it to us from the Vanek deal.

Edited by Hoss

From Lisa Dillman who covers the Kings for The Athletic

Now it appears unlikely that impact defenseman Bowen Byram of the Vancouver Giants will still be around at No. 5 – most believe he will be gone by the time the Kings make their selection. (Fans should familiarize themselves with Saskatoon Blades Kirby Dach and quickly find out the correct pronunciation of his name.)

9 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Things that don't matter, a player's weight at 18yrs old. 

Also I'm not sure we have 1 5'11" 180lb skater... maybe Olofsson? 

Of course, but that misses the point. It's not just about the weight they are right now, but about the frame and physicality. I'm referring to guys like Caufield, Zegras, Krebs, etc. who are smaller. Whereas a Cozens, who only weighs 180 right now, has the physical frame at 6'3 to fill out and go 210+ one day. But, then there are players who are already big - Kakko, Dach, Boldy and will get bigger and stronger as they move into the NHL weight room. 

The '5'11 180' number was not specifying one player but was a generic reference. 

But, we actually have seven forwards under 6 feet: Sobotka, Wilson, Sheary, Larsson, Skinner, Olafsson, and Rodriguez. And, depending on which site (ESPN, NHL) of the 14 forwards on the squad at the end of the year, only 5 were over 200 lbs, and 4 of those are listed right at 200-201 or so. 

THere's just not a big physical presence on the front line. Small, fast players are fine; but when your whole forward lineup is average to under size you lose something. You don't bring much in the way of an intimidating physical presence. Sure, if everyone of them has the explosive offensive talent of a Kucherov or Brayden Point, you might get away with that (But Tampa Bay also got crushed in the playoffs).

But, I think it's important to have more players the size of a Matthews or Laine or Blake Wheeler (6'5, 225) to balance out some of our more smallish lineup and talent. 

Look at Toronto, Washington, Winnipeg, St. Louis and several other playoff teams - they all have a number of front line players 6'2, 6'3, 6'4 +  well over 200 lbs, with talent and who bring a significant physical presence to their teams. Something that really has been missing with the Sabres. It helps overall, it helps defensively, and if you get in the playoffs it helps with that long 2nd season grind. 

Edited by FrenchConnection44