Jump to content
WildCard

Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

Recommended Posts

Everybody completely lost their heads in the second half. When you've got your FB running deep routes as an ACTUAL TARGET multiple times, you know something has gone horribly wrong.

We're gonna have the moral victory "hey, we were this close" narrative fed to us until next season, and it's all *****. You were manhandling that team for 40 minutes, and then threw the game away through a series of stupid mistakes, in spite of all of the preaching about smart disciplined football. 

Score some freaking points and give yourself some space to make a mistake or two so you don't look like an ass when your blue collar football team scores 19 points in regulation in the year 2020.

I can't wait until we trade up for a defensive tackle in April. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I feel bad for the diehards. I love Allen's heart, but he's not going to get any smarter.

^ This, he’s not the answer. You either have it in you as the leader or you don’t. And he’s not the one. Draft another QB this draft. Build that offensive line as well.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

Everybody completely lost their heads in the second half. When you've got your FB running deep routes as an ACTUAL TARGET multiple times, you know something has gone horribly wrong.

We're gonna have the moral victory "hey, we were this close" narrative fed to us until next season, and it's all *****. You were manhandling that team for 40 minutes, and then threw the game away through a series of stupid mistakes, in spite of all of the preaching about smart disciplined football. 

Score some freaking points and give yourself some space to make a mistake or two so you don't look like an ass when your blue collar football team scores 19 points in regulation in the year 2020.

I can't wait until we trade up for a defensive tackle in April. 

All of this. There's a lot of blame to spread around with this one, but the bottom line is you can't expect to win a lot of playoff games when your offense is scoring 1 TD per game on the regular. Those FG drives need to end in the endzone a few times. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe I'm going to be the one to come in here and defend Josh Allen, but I guess this is where we're at.

I think if you're the kind of person who just wants a steady, game manager quarterback, you're never going to like him. He's not Drew Bledsoe.

But he's the most talented, athletic quarterback this team has had since Flutie, and frankly that's good enough for me. He's high risk, high reward, and we just have to live with that. It's terrifying, but it's also what allows him to win games. 

I would have liked the win today. I expected it. Both teams played badly at times, both coaches made some really strange choices. The refs were...well...

And Cody Ford got absolutely victimized in the second half.

I think Allen is developing. I think they needed to get Duke Williams involved more earlier in the season. I think Singletary had a good game.

For the first time since I was a kid there's a lot to like here. The loss was tough. But I'm actually looking forward to next season for maybe the first time in my life.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With three offensive lineman pulling on a QB Draw and only one defender you figure one of them could at least attempt to make a block? 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t believe people are questioning Allen after this game, The “he’s not going to get any smarter” is the best. Isn’t that what experience is supposed to do.

I have no idea yet if he will develop into a franchise QB, but after two years, I’m excited. The offense was completely re-built, still lacks a number one receiver and came within a play or two of winning today, a year earlier then most expected.

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

With three offensive lineman pulling on a QB Draw and only one defender you figure one of them could at least attempt to make a block? 

Exactly. If Morse makes that block, game over.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 plays added up to the loss:

1. Knox whiffing on the QB sweep.  He makes that block and JA gets 15-20 yards.  Game likely over.

2. 3 n 18 inexcusable to give that up. 

3.  Neal/Milano cancelled each other out allowing DW to escape.

4. The Ford blindside block.  Dumb rule but dumb decision. 

Any of those 4 go our way and we might of won. All of them went Houston’s way and thus we lose. 

 

Edited by Gatorman0519

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to make a Falcons 2011 Draft Day Deal and move up for one of these receivers. 
 

Also grab Cooper or Green in Free Agency 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I can't believe I'm going to be the one to come in here and defend Josh Allen, but I guess this is where we're at.

I think if you're the kind of person who just wants a steady, game manager quarterback, you're never going to like him. He's not Drew Bledsoe.

But he's the most talented, athletic quarterback this team has had since Flutie, and frankly that's good enough for me. He's high risk, high reward, and we just have to live with that. It's terrifying, but it's also what allows him to win games. 

I would have liked the win today. I expected it. Both teams played badly at times, both coaches made some really strange choices. The refs were...well...

And Cody Ford got absolutely victimized in the second half.

I think Allen is developing. I think they needed to get Duke Williams involved more earlier in the season. I think Singletary had a good game.

For the first time since I was a kid there's a lot to like here. The loss was tough. But I'm actually looking forward to next season for maybe the first time in my life.

It shouldn't be. The standard should be undisputed top-10 (ideally top-5) QBing, not simply better than the likes of Edwards, Losman, Manuel, and Tyrod.

6 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I can’t believe people are questioning Allen after this game, The “he’s not going to get any smarter” is the best. Isn’t that what experience is supposed to do.

I have no idea yet if he will develop into a franchise QB, but after two years, I’m excited. The offense was completely re-built, still lacks a number one receiver and came within a play or two of winning today, a year earlier then most expected.

Exactly. If Morse makes that block, game over.

Did you watch him implode in the second half? He didn't single-handedly lose the game, but he sure tried. He had his moments during the game as well where you see his talent, but you can't believe that people would be questioning him? C'mon man.

As I said to PA, nobody's opinion is going to change from this game because everyone has a grab bag of "fun" to pick from to defend their perspective. Given that, I'd rather focus on the offense as a whole: feel free to blame whoever you want (or you can do the right thing, and blame all involved), but they need to consistently score more points. 

Just now, Brawndo said:

They need to make a Falcons 2011 Draft Day Deal and move up for one of these receivers. 
 

Also grab Cooper or Green in Free Agency 

I posted this before, but Green and a 1st round WR makes a lot of sense to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It shouldn't be. The standard should be undisputed top-10 (ideally top-5) QBing, not simply better than the likes of Edwards, Losman, Manuel, and Tyrod.

Did you watch him implode in the second half? He didn't single-handedly lose the game, but he sure tried. He had his moments during the game as well where you see his talent, but you can't believe that people would be questioning him? C'mon man.

As I said to PA, nobody's opinion is going to change from this game because everyone has a grab bag of "fun" to pick from to defend their perspective. Given that, I'd rather focus on the offense as a whole: feel free to blame whoever you want (or you can do the right thing, and blame all involved), but they need to consistently score more points. 

I posted this before, but Green and a 1st round WR makes a lot of sense to me. 

This is just being miserable for the sake of being miserable. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

4 plays added up to the loss:

1. Knox whiffing on the QB sweep.  He makes that block and JA gets 15-20 yards.  Game likely over.

2. 3 n 18 inexcusable to give that up. 

3.  Neal/Milano cancelled each other out allowing DW to escape.
4. The Ford blindside block.  Dumb rule but dumb decision. 

Any of those 4 go our way and we might of won. All of them went Houston’s way and thus we lose. 

 

It doesn’t help that the referees messed up on two of those

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brawndo said:

It doesn’t help that the referees messed up on two of those

Of course not.  My point was despite everything it took a cacophony of events to go against us that added up to a loss.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is perhaps trite, but I am thankful there are others along for the ride.  Unfortunately, tonight’s feeling is all too familiar.  But, just like Charlie Brown, many of us will be right back in there in September.  

“Fight on, my men,” Sir Andrew [and Marv] said. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LawnWranglers said:

It is perhaps trite, but I am thankful there are others along for the ride.  Unfortunately, tonight’s feeling is all too familiar.  But, just like Charlie Brown, many of us will be right back in there in September.  

“Fight on, my men,” Sir Andrew [and Marv] said. 

Oh I’m totally used to it.  This is nothing compared to the Super Bowl losses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Of course not.  My point was despite everything it took a cacophony of events to go against us that added up to a loss.  

I know, I was providing supporting visual evidence 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brawndo said:

I know, I was providing supporting visual evidence 

Maybe this will do for us what the Ronnie Harmon drop did against Cleveland 30 years ago lol.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Oh I’m totally used to it.  This is nothing compared to the Super Bowl losses.  

Do you remember the Giants kicking the ball after the Umpire had set it down on the final drive in SB XXV?  The clock continued to run while it was reset and they lost at least 10 secs off the clock. 
 

Or the famous just give it to them? Where the Pats WR not only was out of bounds but also three yards short of the markee and miraculously they gave them a first down and cost the Bills the game? 
 

In interest of full disclosure during the Greatest Comeback, Daryl Talley did hold Ernest Givens on the Odomes Interception with no call 

10 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Maybe this will do for us what the Ronnie Harmon drop did against Cleveland 30 years ago lol.  

We can only hope 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probable unpopular opinion but Allen sucked and he's not going to get any better.   

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry,  first field goal drive he just misses John Brown at around 2.

Second field goal drive he hits Williams right in hands for touch down.

Third drive Watts sacks him, no one seemed open anyway.

Then, I admit, inexplicable melt down briefly.

BUT, he gets another chance and drives them right down to tie it.

Then in overtime, he marches down field IF either Knox or Morse blocks linebacker.

I still don’t get how you can be anything but encouraged by this performance. 
 

Sorry if anyone is offended but if you are sure he’s a bust you just are praying your initial feelings are proven true. Kind of reminds me of Jerry Glanville’s opinion of Favre.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It doesn’t help that the referees messed up on two of those

I'm pretty surprised that someone of your linking pedigree would forward crummy takes like those.

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Why do we watch sports Jesus 

Sports Jesus would be fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’m sorry,  first field goal drive he just misses John Brown at around 2.

Second field goal drive he hits Williams right in hands for touch down.

Third drive Watts sacks him, no one seemed open anyway.

Then, I admit, inexplicable melt down briefly.

BUT, he gets another chance and drives them right down to tie it.

Then in overtime, he marches down field IF either Knox or Morse blocks linebacker.

I still don’t get how you can be anything but encouraged by this performance. 
 

Sorry if anyone is offended but if you are sure he’s a bust you just are praying your initial feelings are proven true. Kind of reminds me of Jerry Glanville’s opinion of Favre.

Nice to conveniently omit, on that very drive, he literally was a heads-up OL arm bat away from tossing the game away. I'm not sure he's a bust, but all of the pre-draft qualities people were rightly concerned about were fully on display. Some players grow out of their bad qualities, others don't (I'm lookin' at you, Jameis Winston). He has 100% improved and shown enough to earn another season, but to come away from this game shocked and appalled that people would question whether he's the guy is freaking hilarious. The first drive was perfect, and over the next 10, we scored 3 FGs. But yes, it's totally unbelievable that people might be concerned about the QB.

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Sports Jesus would be fun to watch.

ben affleck jesus GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ***** team should have won and they blew it.  This was their best opportunity in years.  My wife is by no means an NFL analyst but for her to ask "what the hell is he doing?" regarding JA speaks volumes.  The dude blew it as far as I'm concerned and I don't think he's the answer to their quarterback woes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...