Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

38 minutes ago, shrader said:

It would be interesting to see them wind up with their initial tank target even after the tank fell apart... or did the tank put itself back together?  I'm not really sure how to describe these things.

As long as the Bills clean out the Fish Tank every year, I'm good with that.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Zero in-play penalties on the Texans Saturday.

They must be the most well coached, disciplined team in the NFL. I mean, what other explanation could there be.

That absolutely drove me up a wall. Not a single holding call and Watson gets sacked what? 8 freaking times? Absolute horse ***** 

15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

That absolutely drove me up a wall. Not a single holding call and Watson gets sacked what? 8 freaking times? Absolute horse ***** 

And with that touchdown called back. JFC are you serious?! So now we have the officials that are making calls based on what they think the  player meant to do.

I bet it's getting hard for nfreeman to convince himself that he's the guy in the land of the sane.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

And with that touchdown called back. JFC are you serious?! So now we have the officials that are making calls based on what they think the  player meant to do.

I bet it's getting hard for nfreeman to convince himself that he's the guy in the land of the sane.

Do you think they lost because of "the refs?"

Pure incompetence. I think that as the team has gotten better we have seen and will continue to see how clearly incompetent the officiating is. There were at least four plays that they missed that would have allowed Buffalo to win. I’m guessing if I was a Houston fan I would say the same thing. Even the great Patriots are calling out officials now that they can’t overcome the mistakes.

And that’s what the great teams do. They execute enough to not only best their opponents but also overcome the officials incompetence. It’s unfortunate, but fact.

Quite frankly, if I believed otherwise I’d stop watching.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Pure incompetence. I think that as the team has gotten better we have seen and will continue to see how clearly incompetent the officiating is. There were at least four plays that they missed that would have allowed Buffalo to win. I’m guessing if I was a Houston fan I would say the same thing. Even the great Patriots are calling out officials now that they can’t overcome the mistakes.

And that’s what the great teams do. They execute enough to not only best their opponents but also overcome the officials incompetence. It’s unfortunate, but fact.

Quite frankly, if I believed otherwise I’d stop watching.

I have a hard time believing that two multi-billion dollar industries leave their profits up to the winds of incompetency.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I have a hard time believing that two multi-billion dollar industries leave their profits up to the winds of incompetency.

I understand the thought. I just think the game has too many rules and has become too fast to officiate. It will be interesting to see how gambling effects everything because the whole premise of legalized gambling has to be based on fair and impartial and I think there could just be a slew of class action suits based on referees decisions. There’s a question for our legal folk. If that kickoff happens in overtime and would have definitively effected the outcome, would a referee be allowed to make a “common sense” determination outside the rule book? If I had $50K on it I’d sue just for the ability to see the league prove that there is something in its rule book that says what the runner did was “giving himself up.”

7 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I understand the thought. I just think the game has too many rules and has become too fast to officiate. It will be interesting to see how gambling effects everything because the whole premise of legalized gambling has to be based on fair and impartial and I think there could just be a slew of class action suits based on referees decisions. There’s a question for our legal folk. If that kickoff happens in overtime and would have definitively effected the outcome, would a referee be allowed to make a “common sense” determination outside the rule book? If I had $50K on it I’d sue just for the ability to see the league prove that there is something in its rule book that says what the runner did was “giving himself up.”

When, in the history of football, has a player ever not taken a knee to down the ball once he has caught it?

In other news, Jerry Jones FINALLY decided to fire Jason Garrett.

So, I was watching this video about Garrett's firing and replacement. Someone (not me) made the comment that the NFL needs to have more coaching diversity, such as African American, Latinos, and even women. My response was Sure! Why not? Have Kelli Finglass and Judy Trammell as HC/OC. After all, they're already in the organization.

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

What other explanation can you come up with?

When “the refs” gave the Bills the benefit of 2 personal fouls and a long pass interference call (which was a complete phantom call) on their last, ill-fated drive vs Baltimore, was that because they wanted the Bills to win?

On 1/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, TrueBlueGED said:

And the worst clock management of the playoffs award goes to...Sean Payton! A 10 year old Madden addict would've played that last few minutes better. 

i have to say, you were in early and often on this point.  And it IS a point.  Now, in the three dimensional chess that is coaching, I don't know who’s saying what.  I do know who the head coach is.  Clearly a developmental opportunity.  

19 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

When “the refs” gave the Bills the benefit of 2 personal fouls and a long pass interference call (which was a complete phantom call) on their last, ill-fated drive vs Baltimore, was that because they wanted the Bills to win?

They missed a pretty flagrant facemask on Allen on a fourth down, so you know... the refs giveth and the refs taketh away, as is their wont.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

They missed a pretty flagrant facemask on Allen on a fourth down, so you know... the refs giveth and the refs taketh away, as is their wont.

Of course.  They miss plenty of fouls and they make plenty of mistakes.  I’m simply disagreeing with the preposterous conspiracy theories that swampy traffics in.  

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Do you think they lost because of "the refs?"

Have you been watching the NFL lately?  It's basically wrestling at this point.  I wasn't with Swamp before, and Saturday isn't what changed it, but it seems pretty scripted.

31 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Have you been watching the NFL lately?  It's basically wrestling at this point.  I wasn't with Swamp before, and Saturday isn't what changed it, but it seems pretty scripted.

So the NFL just decided that Brady would go out with a whimper vs...the Titans?

And Brees would go out vs Minnesota?

It’s ridiculous on its face.

And my recollection is that you’ve been a refs truther for quite a while now.

Just now, nfreeman said:

Not sure what "refs truther" is, but I changed this season, during the second Pats game.  I've seen enough.  If it looks like poo and smells like poo, well, it's poo.  Something is, indeed, rotten in the state of Denmark.

I didn't watch enough of those other two games to see if they were susceptible to manipulation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Of course.  They miss plenty of fouls and they make plenty of mistakes.  I’m simply disagreeing with the preposterous conspiracy theories that swampy traffics in.  

Just like when it was preposterous in then NHL, only to find emails stating they we're sending certain refs to certain games to get certain results. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

I'll ask again. Do you think that "the refs" didn't see a single thing during play that was a penalty on Houston?

Edited by SwampD

38 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Oh brother.