Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

One thing not settled in 2020 is the issue of QB.  Until we design a real offense we will never win.  This loss was on the offense all day. Need better QB play.  Play calling was bad in the second half as well.  Screens to #26 and we win the game.  Oh well... not even that mad, I am used to it.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

Yup. It was a complete collapse across the board. 

Yet, they were one bad 15 yard blocking call away from a FG shot to win it in OT. 

Wish they could have wrapped up that tackle on Watson. Nice play, but, they had him. 

Everybody completely lost their heads in the second half. When you've got your FB running deep routes as an ACTUAL TARGET multiple times, you know something has gone horribly wrong.

We're gonna have the moral victory "hey, we were this close" narrative fed to us until next season, and it's all *****. You were manhandling that team for 40 minutes, and then threw the game away through a series of stupid mistakes, in spite of all of the preaching about smart disciplined football. 

Score some freaking points and give yourself some space to make a mistake or two so you don't look like an ass when your blue collar football team scores 19 points in regulation in the year 2020.

I can't wait until we trade up for a defensive tackle in April. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

Everybody completely lost their heads in the second half. When you've got your FB running deep routes as an ACTUAL TARGET multiple times, you know something has gone horribly wrong.

We're gonna have the moral victory "hey, we were this close" narrative fed to us until next season, and it's all *****. You were manhandling that team for 40 minutes, and then threw the game away through a series of stupid mistakes, in spite of all of the preaching about smart disciplined football. 

Score some freaking points and give yourself some space to make a mistake or two so you don't look like an ass when your blue collar football team scores 19 points in regulation in the year 2020.

I can't wait until we trade up for a defensive tackle in April. 

All of this. There's a lot of blame to spread around with this one, but the bottom line is you can't expect to win a lot of playoff games when your offense is scoring 1 TD per game on the regular. Those FG drives need to end in the endzone a few times. 

• Like (+1) 2

I can't believe I'm going to be the one to come in here and defend Josh Allen, but I guess this is where we're at.

I think if you're the kind of person who just wants a steady, game manager quarterback, you're never going to like him. He's not Drew Bledsoe.

But he's the most talented, athletic quarterback this team has had since Flutie, and frankly that's good enough for me. He's high risk, high reward, and we just have to live with that. It's terrifying, but it's also what allows him to win games. 

I would have liked the win today. I expected it. Both teams played badly at times, both coaches made some really strange choices. The refs were...well...

And Cody Ford got absolutely victimized in the second half.

I think Allen is developing. I think they needed to get Duke Williams involved more earlier in the season. I think Singletary had a good game.

For the first time since I was a kid there's a lot to like here. The loss was tough. But I'm actually looking forward to next season for maybe the first time in my life.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I can’t believe people are questioning Allen after this game, The “he’s not going to get any smarter” is the best. Isn’t that what experience is supposed to do.

I have no idea yet if he will develop into a franchise QB, but after two years, I’m excited. The offense was completely re-built, still lacks a number one receiver and came within a play or two of winning today, a year earlier then most expected.

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

With three offensive lineman pulling on a QB Draw and only one defender you figure one of them could at least attempt to make a block? 

Exactly. If Morse makes that block, game over.

• Like (+1) 4

4 plays added up to the loss:

1. Knox whiffing on the QB sweep.  He makes that block and JA gets 15-20 yards.  Game likely over.

2. 3 n 18 inexcusable to give that up. 

3.  Neal/Milano cancelled each other out allowing DW to escape.

4. The Ford blindside block.  Dumb rule but dumb decision. 

Any of those 4 go our way and we might of won. All of them went Houston’s way and thus we lose. 

Edited by Gatorman0519

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I can't believe I'm going to be the one to come in here and defend Josh Allen, but I guess this is where we're at.

I think if you're the kind of person who just wants a steady, game manager quarterback, you're never going to like him. He's not Drew Bledsoe.

But he's the most talented, athletic quarterback this team has had since Flutie, and frankly that's good enough for me. He's high risk, high reward, and we just have to live with that. It's terrifying, but it's also what allows him to win games. 

I would have liked the win today. I expected it. Both teams played badly at times, both coaches made some really strange choices. The refs were...well...

And Cody Ford got absolutely victimized in the second half.

I think Allen is developing. I think they needed to get Duke Williams involved more earlier in the season. I think Singletary had a good game.

For the first time since I was a kid there's a lot to like here. The loss was tough. But I'm actually looking forward to next season for maybe the first time in my life.

It shouldn't be. The standard should be undisputed top-10 (ideally top-5) QBing, not simply better than the likes of Edwards, Losman, Manuel, and Tyrod.

6 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I can’t believe people are questioning Allen after this game, The “he’s not going to get any smarter” is the best. Isn’t that what experience is supposed to do.

I have no idea yet if he will develop into a franchise QB, but after two years, I’m excited. The offense was completely re-built, still lacks a number one receiver and came within a play or two of winning today, a year earlier then most expected.

Exactly. If Morse makes that block, game over.

Did you watch him implode in the second half? He didn't single-handedly lose the game, but he sure tried. He had his moments during the game as well where you see his talent, but you can't believe that people would be questioning him? C'mon man.

As I said to PA, nobody's opinion is going to change from this game because everyone has a grab bag of "fun" to pick from to defend their perspective. Given that, I'd rather focus on the offense as a whole: feel free to blame whoever you want (or you can do the right thing, and blame all involved), but they need to consistently score more points. 

Just now, Brawndo said:

They need to make a Falcons 2011 Draft Day Deal and move up for one of these receivers. 

Also grab Cooper or Green in Free Agency 

I posted this before, but Green and a 1st round WR makes a lot of sense to me. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It shouldn't be. The standard should be undisputed top-10 (ideally top-5) QBing, not simply better than the likes of Edwards, Losman, Manuel, and Tyrod.

Did you watch him implode in the second half? He didn't single-handedly lose the game, but he sure tried. He had his moments during the game as well where you see his talent, but you can't believe that people would be questioning him? C'mon man.

As I said to PA, nobody's opinion is going to change from this game because everyone has a grab bag of "fun" to pick from to defend their perspective. Given that, I'd rather focus on the offense as a whole: feel free to blame whoever you want (or you can do the right thing, and blame all involved), but they need to consistently score more points. 

I posted this before, but Green and a 1st round WR makes a lot of sense to me. 

This is just being miserable for the sake of being miserable. 

• Like (+1) 1