Brawndo

Michael Gilbert Resigns

Harassment is based on power and in the US white men disproportionately possess and acquire power. Because of this and until it changes harassment is a largely white problem.

58 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Harassment is based on power and in the US white men disproportionately possess and acquire power. Because of this and until it changes harassment is a largely white problem.

Sit outside any mixed-race, co-ed high school at 3pm for ten minutes and then try to tell me that you still think this.

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Sit outside any mixed-race, co-ed high school at 3pm for ten minutes and then try to tell me that you still think this.

I’m not sure which way you’re indicating this would sway my mind. I should add an additional line to my post you responded to saying that this is based on the evidence we have and that there’s a decent chance that even when power changes hands harassment remains a white problem.

50 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Also: the image of you or I sitting outside a high school at 3 pm only enhances my mental image of harassment being a white thing. 😅

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

Deleted comments.  Decided to talk only hockey on hockey forum. 

Edited by Pimlach

I can tell you that harassment is not a white male issue, having a very diverse network of friends and family all over the world.

It manifests itself often among privileged white individuals in this country, because of what's been stated before.

I don't think that white male privilege is really relevant to this discussion. There are not more instances of harassment in white countries than in non-white countries.

Making people aware of their privilege is a noble crusade, but I don't think it has much to do with the issue at hand.