Practice Report 12-30-2018

Brawndo

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Still nothing being done to address the fact that our middle two centres create nothing.

It’s not a long-term solution, but why not see what Larsson or Rodrigues can do with our “better wingers?

I’ve completely come around on the idea of putting Reinhart back at center. (Kudos to Eleven and a few others for that.) He’ll never be a great center in the NHL but he might be enough to give us what we need for the next 40+ games. You could put Pominville or any of a handful of other guys with Skinner and Eichel and we’d probably be fine there. 

Shoutout to Chad DeMominicis for this:

So it seems as though Dahlin has been noticeably weaker on the right side. That LHD imbalance many spoke about before the season started seems to be factoring in, just with Nelson being the injured RHD instead of Bogosian so far. 

27 minutes ago, inkman said:

How do you get rid of him?  He's not going to pull a Berglund. 

And I hope he wouldn't.  He's still an improvement over the alternative at the moment.  Overpaid, but better than our other options.

Yeah, yeah, what about X kid in Rochester.....  they aren't going to do any better with the centers we have.

We're kind of stuck.  Sheary and KO are rather disappointing.  Until those two can be replaced with dudes who can finish, what do you do?  After JBotts finds some capable wingers, Sheary will be gone from the roster, and they can healthy scratch KO for as long as necessary.  

Speaking of disappointments, I'm not liking Mitts game these days, either.  

1 hour ago, ... said:

We're kind of stuck.  Sheary and KO are rather disappointing.  Until those two can be replaced with dudes who can finish, what do you do?  After JBotts finds some capable wingers, Sheary will be gone from the roster, and they can healthy scratch KO for as long as necessary.  

He's 20 f'n years old. C'mon.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ... said:

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

He's 20 f'n years old. C'mon.

He's hit a plateau.  Early in the season it was easy to say each game has been better than the last one.  Now he's stuck in a funk and drags the whole line down with him.

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

KO, while he might not be scoring, is a solid player along the boards, moves puck well and doesn't hurt us defensively. 

Which makes him fine on the 4th line.

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He's hit a plateau.  Early in the season it was easy to say each game has been better than the last one.  Now he's stuck in a funk and drags the whole line down with him.

Still not disappointed with him. It’s a long season. There will be funks.

4 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

KO, while he might not be scoring, is a solid player along the boards, moves puck well and doesn't hurt us defensively. 

KO is the anti-possession.  Dude can not maintain, or help the team maintain, possession to save his life.

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Eggs-actly.  I don't know what it is he's "trying to figure out", but he needs to go in a different direction because the path he's currently following is going nowhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.