GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Buffalo Sabres, 7:30p EST NBCSN

MattPie

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm with Duds as always. Phil should absolutely play the respect card before this one. "Listen, fellas. We're feeling pretty good about where we're at, but what do you think the rest of the hockey world thinks about us? Wanna know what the Lightning think about us? Their backup goalie is in. No respect. This one's on NBCSN. Let's go beat those effin Frogs!"

He wouldn't use all those words, but you get my drift.

Would he say that with Ullmark in the room?? 

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I don’t think we’ve seen nearly enough from TT to come to any kind of conclusion on him.  And while I’ve been pleased with the effectiveness of the forecheck produced by the checking line, I wouldn’t say that they’ve even approached the point where subbing TT in for one of them is NFW.  

Absolutely. He needs time. 

Emrick is like the boy who cried wolf. When you make a faceoff win sound like an OT Cup winning goal, people tend to look away. Not a big deal if you're parked in front of the TV for the entire game. But, if you have the game playing in the background, Doc's not going to convince you to go to the TV when he makes something sound important. That's the one thing about RJ, the inflection in his voice let's you know how big a play was. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.