GDT NY Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres at KBC 7pm ET MSG TV and WGR 550 AM

jsb

Hutton was great.   However, he's going to need counseling if they continue to play like this in front of him.   This is year 2 in Housleys system, and they look completly lost in their own end still.   There should be some progress now, but there is none, in fact they look worse.

Blackout on NHL TV so couldn’t watch but saw highlights on nhl.com. Nice tic tax toe with RES line for the second tally. Not to knit pick but anyone think Eichel should have shot it?

6 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Hutton was great.   However, he's going to need counseling if they continue to play like this in front of him.   This is year 2 in Housleys system, and they look completly lost in their own end still.   There should be some progress now, but there is none, in fact they look worse.

He moved pretty quick side to side, good vision too. Nice to see a motivated goalie.

I just finished watching the game on delay (had some social engagements.... how weird is that?), so I haven't read the thread yet. 

Do we still hate Okposo?

Are we still ready to fire Housley?

Did anyone have Sheary in the first goal contest?

Seriously though.... nice bounceback game.  They looked much more composed all night long.

6 hours ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

Curious to see what Elie can do.

Elie played a lot better than a guy who was waived at the beginning of the season.  Can you imagine Baptiste or Bailey playing like he did?  His speed put him into position and he made few, if any mistakes.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

At the game, missed Jack's penalty and they never showed the replay, so I didn't know how legitimate it was

The penalty that Jack took was a pretty typical call.  Jack got his stick up into the opposing player's gloves.  It's rare they don't call that.

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

McCabe is having a damn good game

McCabe is going to be a big reason for Dahlin's success.  And vice versa.

There is a curiously wide breadth of variability in the interpretation of the game on this board.

16 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I would say Samson was arguably the best skater on the team tonight.

I would argue that for fun.  Of the best skaters not named Hutton I would say Eichel and Dahlin were better players.  I think Eichel had a far better game than a lot of people seem to be giving him credit for.  I think Mitts was as good as Samson.  Can we say Elie was skating well?  Because he was skating well.  None of this is to say Samson didn't have a good game, but I think many of them were playing at a similar level.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 1

JBot looks pretty good right now for the Sheary pick up and the Hutton signing. 

Not so much for Skinner. See what happens, but I liked this line combo better than game 1. 

Much better game, but this team is still offensively challenged without a doubt. But maybe now we can beat the crap teams and hopefully one day beat the good ones. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ... said:

There is a curiously wide breadth of variability in the interpretation of the game on this board.

I would argue that for fun.  Of the best skaters not named Hutton I would say Eichel and Dahlin were better players.  I think Eichel had a far better game than a lot of people seem to be giving him credit for.  I think Mitts was as good as Samson.  Can we say Elie was skating well?  Because he was skating well.  None of this is to say Samson didn't have a good game, but I think many of them were playing at a similar level.

Dude, that's way too polite to call an argument.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Sheary  - Eichel - Okposo

Skinner - Reinhart - Thompson

Berglund - Mittelstadt - Girgensons

Ellie - Rodrigues - pommer

This is how i would roll against Vegas.

Why would we make major changes after a win and why move Reinhart to center?

Even after losses the lines change too much. Build chemistry.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah this org is pretty clear they don't think Sam is an NHL center. 

I always thought that was out of organizational necessity at RW rather than any perceived lack of ability at C. Tage Thompson is the only other legit, NHL-ready young guy we have at RW. Okposo and Pominville are over 30 and deteriorating, Bailey sucks, etc... A major question for Reinhart's long-term potential here is this: where does a relatively slow-skating but supposedly very cerebral hockey player best fit on a fast-skating team? In the middle of the action at center? Or in the corner at wing?

Great win, by the way! Lots of room for improvement, but it's only game 2 for such a young team with so many new pieces. I'm not going to single anyone out until at least after the road trip out west is over. Except for Beaulieu...that dude needs to sit.

59 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah this org is pretty clear they don't think Sam is an NHL center. 

Yeah but they are wrong if they do, his best winger at center was girgensons, and then still his line had the best offensive possession stats of all.

With skinner he can do a lot more, he has a guy that can finish his passes.

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

Next time, go to the bench and get a stick or a sub.  THE STATS SUPPORT THIS.  YOU'RE NOT A ROOK, NATHAN!

No one seems to ever do that, though. I agree, a few seconds away from the play or a player without a stick for extended time? I think they should just skate hard and get new stick. 

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Not good enough. Hutton bailed us out. Disappointed second effort. Cool they won but not good enough. 

How many times have the Sabres been beaten this way? Sure, good goaltending, but they didn't allow Rangers to gobble up rebounds, second chance opportunities, and the Sabres were opportunistic. Last year, this game would have ended in regulation 1-1 and gone to a shootout or something and we might just settle for a point. A win is a win and winning is contagious. Let's hope it spreads. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.