Prospect Challenge

GASabresIUFAN

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I believe Duffer when he says its a league thing; after all in the Prospects camp stream wasn't gated. I think it has to do with their being 2 separate teams playing and the NHL can't make money...... 

That's illogical. How are they making money off of the in-market streaming viewers? And even if they are, which is highly unlikely, they are not losing money by allowing out of towners, unless you count people being pissed at this like me. 

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I know us youngsters suck because we just pirate things instead of buying them, but goddamn I want to give the NHL my money for sh*t like center ice and then they pull this bull, which actively motivates me to watch Sabres games illegally instead 

Screw the NHL and the cable companies. They don't give two craps about their customers anyways

41 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's illogical. How are they making money off of the in-market streaming viewers? And even if they are, which is highly unlikely, they are not losing money by allowing out of towners, unless you count people being pissed at this like me. 

What I'm saying is the NHL doesn't care if the Sabres choose to make money or not; it just doesn't allow 2 NHL teams to play a game and broadcast it without the NHL getting a cut in advertising. It's ass backwards thinking but the NHL corporate couldn't care less about out of town fans unless they pay for their content. 

My biggest gripe is that I am expected to pay 100$ a month for cable to watch the 4-5 Sabres game a month I could. As opposed to paying 150$ for the entire year via NHL gamecenter. I would happily pay for gamecenter but we still live in the 80's and blackout restrictions exist. Just run the food from the channel that owns it and show the advertisements anyways, I don't care. 

17 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Just to throw fuel on the fire, the Red WIngs are streaming their Traverse City games on Facebook with no geographic restrictions.  So this "NHL rule" of not being allowed to stream out of market is BS, full of loopholes, or straight up being ignored.

I'll be perusing the usual sources a little later on.

My guess is the Sabres don't want to pay a global delivery cost to the CDN delivering the stream.    By limiting it to the Buffalo area, they'll keep their bandwith costs down.    

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

My guess is the Sabres don't want to pay a global delivery cost to the CDN delivering the stream.    By limiting it to the Buffalo area, they'll keep their bandwith costs down.    

Yup, and they'll be receiving a sternly worded letter from this lifelong Canadian Sabres fan. Hold on to your butts.

Or not. 

I'm attempting the VPN route, if that doesn't work, I'm checking back into this thread for answers and solutions.

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

Yup, and they'll be receiving a sternly worded letter from this lifelong Canadian Sabres fan. Hold on to your butts.

Or not. 

I'm attempting the VPN route, if that doesn't work, I'm checking back into this thread for answers and solutions.

I use a VPN for other things, but I don't see an access point in WNY.. I'll guess I'll try NYC but not hopeful.

I'll be following here as well... DELETED

That's such horseshit that it's not being streamed out of market...this....defeats to point of the internet stream. The gatekeeping to this sport is something I'll never, ever understand. They're trying to grow the game, right?

What if I live in market but am out of town traveling? Am I boned? 

What's insane is that I pay for gamecenter and still can't see this. Of to reddit.com/r/nhlstreams, someone will have it.

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I wonder if the game after the fact will be watchable as a video on Sabres TV.  This is pretty stupid.  

I'm 95% sure the videos were on the website after the fact, so we'd have that at the very least.

Of course, I had read the thread which made watching the game feel pointless after the fact. But that probably had something to do with very little good coming from the Sabres in those games.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm 95% sure the videos were on the website after the fact, so we'd have that at the very least.

Of course, I had read the thread which made watching the game feel pointless after the fact. But that probably had something to do with very little good coming from the Sabres in those games.

I'm headed out for dinner, so I may simply wait unit 10 pm and start watching in on the replay.

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I use a VPN for other things, but I don't see an access point in WNY.. I'll guess I'll try NYC but not hopeful.

I'll be following here as well... DELETED

It's poor form to post those links on open forums.  That is one of the ways they get found out and shut down.  PM those if you want them to remain live.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.