Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

In my opinion, he was/is the greatest threat to the Constitution that we have seen, maybe since the Civil war, and certainly since McCarthyism.

I was/am quite proud (as an American) that it held up. Lets hope it keeps holding on.

Between the Supreme Court's stance on states determining voting and craven Republican politicians, I'm not sure it wasn't a temporary victory. They're really bringing back Jim Crow and making sure only the right[0] people vote.

[0] we all know what "right" is in this case, it rhymes.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

In my opinion, he was/is the greatest threat to the Constitution that we have seen, maybe since the Civil war, and certainly since McCarthyism.

I was/am quite proud (as an American) that it held up. Lets hope it keeps holding on.

That’s an ever present concern as Trump is really just a symptom. After all, it was the electorate that put him in office in the first. An electorate that represents a minority to boot. Minority rule has been eroding this country for too long. 

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s an ever present concern as Trump is really just a symptom. After all, it was the electorate that put him in office in the first. An electorate that represents a minority to boot. Minority rule has been eroding this country for too long. 

Yeah, pretty tired of the Electoral College here. An entire institution devoted to isolating the voting public from the selection of President.

45 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Yeah, pretty tired of the Electoral College here. An entire institution devoted to isolating the voting public from the selection of President.

Have to say the reversal of the effect from the electoral college makes me laugh. One of the reasons for it was to limit the impact of the uneducated in electing unqualified people. Now the under educated hold the country hostage with it

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

It might get worse as there is a movement afoot to repeal the 17th Amendment and return to giving state legislatures the power to elect senators. Imagine you as a voter having no say in who your US senator is. As Rob Ray would say, “that’s luderous.”

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

What a load of crap. He stole ***** nuclear secrets. It’s unbelievable the lengths his sheep will go to to defend his actions.

Main stream media,… oh brother. Give me a break.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

and we have no idea who had access to this stuff, or who paid for access. 

It’s shameful that these radical right wing republicans defend this. Then again, the Republican Party is beyond shameless at this point. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 12:32 PM, SwampD said:

Are these two parties really going to make us choose between Donald Trump and Joe Biden again?! JFC.

Boy, talk about having to choose between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

Too soon to say who the nominees are for either party. I could see Desantis beating Trump and the Dems not wanting Biden to run again. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Eleven said:

Hi everyone.  The presidency in question ended almost two years ago.  Would you prefer to keep this thread going or to start a new thread discussing his laughable attempt to be elected again in 2024?  

I’d wait until happens to start a thread. Maybe a thread for the primaries.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Not gonna happen. I doubt everyone she speaks to says this. As divisive as the “woke” culture she is referencing.

But it’s more dangerous as it implies secession.  Plays well in the militia crowd.

• Like (+1) 1