Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

This is the QAnon lady. Nobody is going to secede. 

I don’t know how you can assume it away so readily when we’ve already had an organized, planned storming of the Capital by these folks.

Edit, I’m not suggesting secession is likely.  I’m suggesting that suggesting secession is likely to inspire violence.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t know how you can assume it away so readily when we’ve already had an organized, planned storming of the Capital by these folks.

Not assuming anything away other than secession. No states are going to secede because of this Tweet.

Are there weird people this Tweet appeals to? Yes. 

Did people storm the capital because they allowed their emotions to get in the way of thinking? Yes.

Did people riot, set things on fire, and intimidate other people after George Floyd? Yes.

Are there events in recent history, across the political spectrum, which support a worry for reactions to this Tweet? Yes.

Is secession one of them? IMO, no.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 12:17 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

Not assuming anything away other than secession. No states are going to secede because of this Tweet.

Are there weird people this Tweet appeals to? Yes. 

Did people storm the capital because they allowed their emotions to get in the way of thinking? Yes.

Did people riot, set things on fire, and intimidate other people after George Floyd? Yes.

Are there events in recent history, across the political spectrum, which support a worry for reactions to this Tweet? Yes.

Is secession one of them? IMO, no.

You're part of the problem. You dismiss this like it's some random Twitter post. That's the speaker pro tempor of the House. She's not some fringe lady, she has political power and that should terrify you. If Republicans ever gain both houses and the presidency again, I'd expect leading opposition members to be jailed or worse. In fact I'm unsure if a DeSantis or Trump president would give up power if they ever gained it. Those ppl think they are at war. 

That's who she is. It's not funny and it isn't something to be taken lightly. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2023 at 2:59 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

Not gonna happen. I doubt everyone she speaks to says this. As divisive as the “woke” culture she is referencing.

No it isn't. That's a false equivalency and shows how much power MTG already has. She's convinced you that asking for someone's pronouns is the same as calling the election false and asking for secession. 

• Like (+1) 1

What's sad is I know a lot of conservatives and they are basically party-less at this point in time. How do you support ppl like MTG or Boebert or Jordan? They are not interested in governing but in vendetta's and gaining more power. Completely morally corrupt to the point they will lie for any reason at any time. There is no morality they follow other than wanting to retain power. So I will vote against them and donate to their opponents in the hopes that one day enough Americans wake up and realize these ppl literally are advocating for the destruction of the country. MTG has an entire twitter thread about just that. 

9 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You're part of the problem. You dismiss this like it's some random Twitter post. That's the speaker pro tempor of the House. She's not some fringe lady, she has political power and that should terrify you. If Republicans ever gain both houses and the presidency again, I'd expect leading opposition members to be jailed or worse. In fact I'm unsure if a DeSantis or Trump president would give up power if they ever gained it. Those ppl think they are at war. 

That's who she is. It's not funny and it isn't something to be taken lightly. 

To the bold, I am not terrified of the same things in life that scare you. I think what she said was stupid but I am not terrified of it. I don’t support what she said but I am not “terrified” of it.

To the rest of your statement after the bold, I would be concerned.

To your first sentence. I’m someone with no political, judicial, or civil authority. I’m a regular guy giving my opinion. You and others who accuse fellow regular people of being a problem just because they don’t say what you think is the right thing is concerning.

9 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No it isn't. That's a false equivalency and shows how much power MTG already has. She's convinced you that asking for someone's pronouns is the same as calling the election false and asking for secession. 

Neither MTG or any other politician/celebrity have convinced me of anything. It is my own opinion that leftist and right wing people both cause division in their language and actions.

15 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

To the bold, I am not terrified of the same things in life that scare you. I think what she said was stupid but I am not terrified of it. I don’t support what she said but I am not “terrified” of it.

To the rest of your statement after the bold, I would be concerned.

To your first sentence. I’m someone with no political, judicial, or civil authority. I’m a regular guy giving my opinion. You and others who accuse fellow regular people of being a problem just because they don’t say what you think is the right thing is concerning.

If you think that was the point of what I said, you don't understand. I don't need you to agree with my political views, I need you to understand that the speaker pro tempore of the ***** House posting a long thread arguing to dissolve the United States is a threat to democracy far above someone rioting because a cop illegally killed someone in broad daylight. 

There's a false equivalency there that schmucks like Tucker Carlson constantly yell from their bully pulpit. 

Edited by LGR4GM

15 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Neither MTG or any other politician/celebrity have convinced me of anything. It is my own opinion that leftist and right wing people both cause division in their language and actions.

Sure the extremes both cause division, but one of those extreme's tried to overturn a democratically elected congress and president and one of the ppl who believed in that cause is the SPEAKER PRO TEMPORE OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. MTG runs the House when Kevin McCarthy isn't there and she doesn't believe Biden is the legit president or that the US should exist. 

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If you think that was the point of what I said, you don't understand. I don't need you to agree with my political views, I need you to understand that the speaker pro tempore of the ***** House posting a long thread arguing to dissolve the United States is a threat to democracy far above someone rioting because a cop illegally killed someone in broad daylight. 

There's a false equivalency there that schmucks like Tucker Carlson constantly yell from their bully pulpit. 

I’m interpreting the issue as two things. One is how people that her Tweet appeals to (ideology) would react. 

The second is the position she holds and how it could be used to further what she wrote into action (influence). Is this on point with the concern?

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Sure the extremes both cause division, but one of those extreme's tried to overturn a democratically elected congress and president and one of the ppl who believed in that cause is the SPEAKER PRO TEMPORE OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. MTG runs the House when Kevin McCarthy isn't there and she doesn't believe Biden is the legit president or that the US should exist. 

And one of those extremes was able to create an autonomous zone in a U.S. city guarded by armed people. This was the culmination of months of protests nationwide that devolved into riots which included intimidation of people who had nothing to do with the issue.

Im not even disagreeing with what you are saying. I disagree with trying to paint it as a one sided problem.

I really disagree with calling me part of the problem just because I won’t say exactly what you want, how you want. 

On 3/7/2023 at 5:10 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

I’m interpreting the issue as two things. One is how people that her Tweet appeals to (ideology) would react. 

The second is the position she holds and how it could be used to further what she wrote into action (influence). Is this on point with the concern?

And one of those extremes was able to create an autonomous zone in a U.S. city guarded by armed people. This was the culmination of months of protests nationwide that devolved into riots which included intimidation of people who had nothing to do with the issue.

Im not even disagreeing with what you are saying. I disagree with trying to paint it as a one sided problem.

I really disagree with calling me part of the problem just because I won’t say exactly what you want, how you want. 

Has nothing to do with saying what I want, has everything to do with thinking the autonomous zone (which btw was dumb, illegal, and a terrible idea) is the same as the Speaker Pro Tempore calling for the dissolution of the country. They aren't equivalent but Fox News and the Republicans have done a great job of convincing ppl they are. 

It's creating a false equivalent and ignoring the bigger threat to the country.  

But since you think they're equal, here's Texas, starting to test the waters of Secession. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Has nothing to do with saying what I want, has everything to do with thinking the autonomous zone (which btw was dumb, illegal, and a terrible idea) is the same as the Speaker Pro Tempore calling for the dissolution of the country. They aren't equivalent but Fox News and the Republicans have done a great job of convincing ppl they are. 

It's creating a false equivalent and ignoring the bigger threat to the country.  

But since you think they're equal, here's Texas, starting to test the waters of Secession. 

Pretty sure you see me as a problem because i don’t agree with being terrified otherwise you wouldn’t have said it. If Texas secedes you’ll say it was because of me and MTG 🤣 It’s cool though. 

They. Are. Equal. Years of rioting and intimidating fellow citizens under the guise of righteous causes creates environments where the equal but opposite grows. Point fingers all you want as long as one is at yourself. 

Edit: Had to add the bold because I know without it the post will be spun as though I agree with MTG.

Edited by SABRES 0311

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 4:46 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

Pretty sure you see me as a problem because i don’t agree with being terrified otherwise you wouldn’t have said it. If Texas secedes you’ll say it was because of me and MTG 🤣 It’s cool though. 

They. Are. Equal. Years of rioting and intimidating fellow citizens under the guise of righteous causes creates environments where the equal but opposite grows. Point fingers all you want as long as one is at yourself. 

Edit: Had to add the bold because I know without it the post will be spun as though I agree with MTG.

You don't understand what I am saying and you seem to deliberately be trying not to. Now you are saying I think you are MTG, I do not. 

Let's try one last time. They are not equal. Trying to overthrow the US government and secede from the Union by a pollical party that is part of the US government is not the same thing as protests over citizens rights regardless if those protests turned violent (which btw most did not). One is calling for the dissolution of the country, the other is asking for a redress of grievances by the government. I am going to guess you think the 2a amendment exists for a reason? So too does the 1a. One wants to the government to end, the other wants the government to treat them as equals (btw I have so many stats that show Black Americas are treated less equally than Whites it would fill a small book). 

Again the conservative media has convinced you that they are the same and that the ppl who stole from target are the same as the ppl who stormed the capital hoping to hang Pelosi and Pence. They aren't. If Texas secedes, or tries to I should say, it will absolutely be because of ppl like MTG and other extreme right wing asshats screaming into the void and convincing ppl that the US Government is so bad they have no choice but to leave it, even though those same ppl are a major reason for the issues in US Government. 

You can use whataboutism (you already have multiple times: what about the autonomous zone!) but it does not change the fact trying to overthrow the US government is not the same as asking that government for a redress of grievances regardless of what talking heads have convinced ppl of otherwise. 

You aren't a problem because you aren't terrified, that is not the point. It is that you are deliberately using the same tactics as Tucker Carlsson to create a false equivalency and act as though two unrelated things are equals because it helps justify the 2nd item. It is that level of careless complacency that is the problem, not who is terrified or not. Equating secessionist speech with "woke culture" is the issue at hand. 

Edited by LGR4GM

On 3/6/2023 at 4:43 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

You and others who accuse fellow regular people of being a problem just because they don’t say what you think is the right thing is concerning.

Woke culture is not the same as someone a stones throw away from being 3rd in line to the presidency calling for a national divorce. That is a false equivalency and if me telling you that is more concerning to you, that says more about you than me. You might be offended or annoyed or even eyerolling me but they are not equivalent. One is a culture war (also, define woke culture for us, tell me what it is) while the other is the dissolution of the United States of America. 

You don't have to say what I think is the right thing. You can go on thinking that a culture battle over nothing is the same as the Speaker Pro Tempore of the House calling for the end of the country. You'd be wrong but you can think it all you want. What concerns me most is that you think me expressing that is more concerning to you than MTG saying "national divorce". 

But just to rap this post up, can you please define what you mean by "woke culture" ?

Final thought, I know you are not going to agree with me. I don't need you too even though you have made that a central pillar of your counter argument. You have however forgotten the ultimate truth in all of this. While you can say whatever you want, I can also debate and disagree with what you say. That right flows both ways. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Woke culture is not the same as someone a stones throw away from being 3rd in line to the presidency calling for a national divorce. That is a false equivalency and if me telling you that is more concerning to you, that says more about you than me. You might be offended or annoyed or even eyerolling me but they are not equivalent. One is a culture war (also, define woke culture for us, tell me what it is) while the other is the dissolution of the United States of America. 

You don't have to say what I think is the right thing. You can go on thinking that a culture battle over nothing is the same as the Speaker Pro Tempore of the House calling for the end of the country. You'd be wrong but you can think it all you want. What concerns me most is that you think me expressing that is more concerning to you than MTG saying "national divorce". 

But just to rap this post up, can you please define what you mean by "woke culture" ?

Eye rolling? Yes, at the idea of being terrified. 

Woke is a general term for being aware of social issues which you could say applies to  most people across the spectrum of issues.

How this is manifested is what is typically referred to as woke culture. For a while this term was applied mostly to violent or extremist leftists. 

BLM: Following George Floyd’s murder the BLM movement was fairly peaceful. By the end it was an excuse to loot, damage and intimidate. 

Climate Change: AOC telling people the world will end in 12 years or the attempted use of a child (Thunberg) to coerce decision makers. Manipulation through guilt and fear to achieve a goal. 

The issues are real. Having concern over these issues is valid IMO. How these concerns manifest is out of whack. Jan 6 added conservative extremists to that list.

A QAnon following politician with a history of saying weird stuff will not gain the support needed to dissolve the U.S. A populace that tears itself apart from the inside is more of a concern. 

Since you and I’m sure many others feel differently, MTG’s comment are just as decisive as what she dubs woke culture. Personally I think both sides weird. 

16 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Eye rolling? Yes, at the idea of being terrified. 

Woke is a general term for being aware of social issues which you could say applies to  most people across the spectrum of issues.

How this is manifested is what is typically referred to as woke culture. For a while this term was applied mostly to violent or extremist leftists. 

BLM: Following George Floyd’s murder the BLM movement was fairly peaceful. By the end it was an excuse to loot, damage and intimidate. 

Climate Change: AOC telling people the world will end in 12 years or the attempted use of a child (Thunberg) to coerce decision makers. Manipulation through guilt and fear to achieve a goal. 

The issues are real. Having concern over these issues is valid IMO. How these concerns manifest is out of whack. Jan 6 added conservative extremists to that list.

A QAnon following politician with a history of saying weird stuff will not gain the support needed to dissolve the U.S. A populace that tears itself apart from the inside is more of a concern. 

Since you and I’m sure many others feel differently, MTG’s comment are just as decisive as what she dubs woke culture. Personally I think both sides weird. 

I'd agree that both extremes are bad, I just feel there is a fundamental difference in their end games. 

You are too focused on the being terrified thing, it isn't relevant if you are afraid or not. 

I don't think Jab 6 added Right Wing Extremism to the list. We have had violence from right wingers going back just as long as something like BLM. Charlottesville for example. Jan 6 showed how far they were willing to go to force their views on everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

FFS! Every important movement for change in this country’s history was a result of a “woke” extreme leftist movement at the time. Starting with those extremists who founded it in the first place. MTG, Tucker Carlson, and the other crazed wingnuts on the far right would do well to remember that. Then again, that would require MTG and the rest of her ilk to actually open a book and learn something. 

• 2 weeks later...

MTG is in NY to support Trump today. Let's just say NYC is not rural North Georgia. Really slaps them in the face when they leave their echo chambers and venture out in the world to learn they aren't a silent majority (trumpers).

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

MTG is in NY to support Trump today. Let's just say NYC is not rural North Georgia. Really slaps them in the face when they leave their echo chambers and venture out in the world to learn they aren't a silent majority (trumpers).

I can't wait until the real republicans take their party back.

• 4 months later...

While it’s reassuring to see the rule of law come to bear on those who would destroy our constitution, this is another sad chapter for our country; made even sadder by the list of cowards in the republican party who would rather ignore the magnitude of what those bastards tried to perpetrate against the United States and simply let Trump and Co. go unpunished. 

Hey Lindsay, the issue was resolved at the ballot box. In 2020. Your man lost and then tried to disenfranchise 81 million voters by conspiring to illegally overturn the election. 

Hey clueless Cruz, the only reason no other president in history has been indicted on criminal charges, is because no other president has conducted himself this way. Ever.

The idea that we wouldn’t prosecute Trump and delay justice just because he’s running for a nomination, is anathema to our rule of law. And every single one of these hypocrites would gladly do the same to any democrat in the same position.

Weaponized DOJ my ass. It’s the Republican party that has weaponized itself against the United States of America. 

The fact Kevin McCarthy has come out again in support of trump isn't a surprise but it really shows how gutless the Republican party has become. I'll give Kemp some credit at least he's stated point blank that trump lost in 2020. 

Trump is a lying con man who hates you. He hates you, your family, your country. The only things he cares about our his ego and his prestige. He's a serial lying narcissist for sale to who ever rubs his ego and gives him money. He's an un-American, anti- American traitor. I hope he rots in prison.