2018 Free Agent Frenzy!

LGR4GM

How about Anders Lee, brock Nelson and Andrew Ladd as a salary dump. Shores up our left wing. I'm tired of all these picks and prospects deals. If you want him, after the bonus payout, you gotta pay mofo.

Anders Lee just scored 40 goals. I don't think you get him for O'Reilly and a 1st.

For someone as good as Tavares probably not at 29.

I don't think this is the case. He's an elite player, so his level of play during the decline will still be better than a lot of talented players in their prime, but I don't it's at the level of mid 20-s Tavares. 

I'm just glad, more than anything, that JBOTs has thusfar avoided the GMTM trap of doing something stupid so as to not be seen doing nothing...

yeah, the last thing a GM of a last place team should be doing is making moves to try and improve his team.

Thank you. It's amazing how quickly everyone forgets Okposo and Moulson deals.

it's more amazing how everyone forgets how excited they were for the Sabres to make those moves because those were guys the same fans trashing them now thought they should have been making. Edited by apuszczalowski

As always... if you want to critique the performance of a GM you should present some evidence of what deal was out there that would have been available for the GM to make.

Just because a player signed somewhere for reasonable money doesn't mean that player wanted to come to Buffalo.

I'm meh about all of it.

It's UFA day.. the day when many GMs make huge mistakes.

yeah, the last thing a GM of a last place team should be doing is making moves to try and improve his team.it's more amazing how everyone forgets how excited they were for the Sabres to make those moves because those were guys the same fans trashing them now thought they should have been making.

He very much made moves to I prove the team. Nothing blockbuster, though. Still might come with the ROR trade if such a thing happens.

The headline-grabbing high dollar signings made with what appears to have been little regard for how this impacts the team going forward though? Nah. I love KO and lament the hand he's been dealt, and was happy to have Moulson back when it happened.. but both are (slightly different) cautionary tales. And, lest we forget, how much better was the team after signing either of them?

Man I would have taken that any day...

It feels like we acquired no depth this FA. We just traded Hutton for Lehner

It's not even a day into UFA. There have been some depth signings I'd have liked, but there's still some out there we might be in on. At least give it until midnight :p

It's not even a day into UFA. There have been some depth signings I'd have liked, but there's still some out there we might be in on. At least give it until midnight :P

There is very little left on the table. It wasn't exactly a feast of a UFA pool, and right now there are the scraps left.

Maybe we can poach RFAs?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.