2018 Free Agent Frenzy!

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Skurk Liger said:

A bunch of the Islanders fans on Twitter think they got a steal. 

I'm out on Karlsson. That's too much for a team with a transitioning pipeline. 

I agree.  The timing just isn't right for the Sabres to make a big free agent move.  Maybe it wasn't right two years ago, either, but it's definitely not right now.

1 minute ago, MillerVaive said:

Guess i can't blame him if that was his reasoning. I just hope he doesn't end up being another player that couldve potentially helped our team that got away.

Watching Vegas's run this year was something special, but seeing Brayden McNabb have the success he had, all the while our defense was horrendous, left a bad taste in my mouth because he very easily couldve been helping our defense out. Our new philosophy of player development thru our farm system is the right way to go. But when those players bolt for other teams, its hard not to be cynical & think we're the farm team for the rest of the league.

All said i am fully on board with our rebuild & direction & see bright days ahead. But its going to take a vast improvement on our defense this year for me to forget us trading McNabb for Fasching & Deslaurier.

I don't think he had much of a shot of making the big club here. 

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I agree.  The timing just isn't right for the Sabres to make a big free agent move.  Maybe it wasn't right two years ago, either, but it's definitely not right now.

I don't think he had much of a shot of making the big club here. 

Yeah i guess that true. And that makes sense given the talented D we had.... some sarcasm there lol. For McNabb's sake, i'm sure he's happy he got his shot for a team that went to the Cup, logging 20 some odd minutes a game & playing some solid hockey for them. I guess ive focused on it because that kind of play is what we've needed here desperately. Hindsight is 20 20 i guess.

5 hours ago, MillerVaive said:

Hello Board... long time reader, finally decided to hunt down my old password to login & join all the fun.

I came across an article on Yahoo Sports today about Colin Blackwell.  This was one of the guys i was hoping was improving & potentially on his way to the big club.

I guess we didn't extend him an offer?

--The Nashville Predators have signed forward Colin Blackwell to a two-year, two-way contract.

The deal would pay the former Harvard star $650,000 (NHL) or $100,000 (AHL) in 2018-19 and $700,000 or $100,000 the following season.

Blackwell was drafted in the seventh round by the San Jose Sharks in 2011 before he headed to Harvard. He has played the last two seasons in the AHL, including a breakout 2017-18 season with the Rochester Americans in which he scored 17 goals and tallied 28 assists in 61 games.

I think this is a underrated loss for the Amerks. They'll miss him more then Seth Griffith. Best of luck to him though.

• SDS unpinned this topic
8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Rob Ray basically just said that Robin Lehner was outspoken in the room which was not received well at all when his play was bad. "He needed to buy into the whole team concept more." 

Did Rob mention how it was received after all those 1-0 and 2-1 losses?

• Like (+1) 1

@lkorac10
Here's what I got: told that Patrick Maroon to #stlblues has been finalized, could be announced Monday & expected to be for one-year, $1.7 million & that Blues and Maroon will entertain a contract extension when first allowed in January. Looks like Oakville native is coming home.

Blues nhl.com writer

6 hours ago, WildCard said:

@lkorac10
Here's what I got: told that Patrick Maroon to #stlblues has been finalized, could be announced Monday & expected to be for one-year, $1.7 million & that Blues and Maroon will entertain a contract extension when first allowed in January. Looks like Oakville native is coming home.

Blues nhl.com writer

Damn, this would have been a great value add. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.