UPL drafted by the Sudbury Wolves

GASabresIUFAN

Does this do anything for his eligibility to play in Rochester sooner/later?

Only if he plays there. For k6 it doesn't really matter since he is already 19 so even if he did play there this season, he would be AHL eligible next season. 

So does JBotts get credit for drafting CHLers now?

Or does he move them this offseason now since they became CHLers? LOL

I like these moves if they get to play there, might get to see them play when they come to play Niagara

They aren't chl players. They can be but they also could just ignore that development path.

Not a chance he goes to Sudbury.

Why?  He is already under contract to us.  We'd get a close up view of his development and the contract would slide until he comes to the AHL.

Really expect it'll come down to where Botterill & Sabres staff believe he'll develop the most. Would have to believe Laukkanen (sp?) & agent won't make that decision in a vacuum but will strongly consider what the Sabres recommend.

Hamilton states that JBot hates the CHL because he hasn't drafted anyone from there since taking over.

JBot likes the other leagues more because of 4 years of control vs 2 years. It is still a strong league and will continue to churn out many NHLers.

Lukkonen may end up in Sudbury if his handlers and Sabres management feel it is better for his development. It is a good league and he may get better ice time in the OHL than as a backup in Liiga.

I think JBot drafts McDavid over Jack in 2015 even though he "hates" the CHL.

The thing about playing In Sudbury is that it would give him a jump on getting used to the smaller rink and the culture shock adjustment, each of which would put him in good stead for Rochester the following year.

Everything else I think favours Europe though.

Kid looked pretty good today, I thought.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.