Official Trade Tracker Summer 2018

Brawndo

Why on earth would we trade Scandella

Montreal is reportedly in the market for a LHD. Scandella is a good Montreal boy.

Scandella is 2 years from UFA. Sabres stocking up on LHD...

Maybe Montreal is about to flip Domi for Scandella?

Maybe Scandella is part of a Montreal/Buffalo blockbuster brewing?

I love this time of year.

Not disagreeing, but Domi still has upside Galchenyuk does not.

Maybe Domi is being flipped to the Sabres? ????

Hey now. Slow down. You're king of "young players get better." Galchenyuk is only 1 year older than Domi, and suddenly his potential to get better has evaporated, while Domi's is alive and well? :p

I think Galchenyuk likely is what he is, but Domi hasn't given any reason to be optimistic in two seasons. I'd also note that Marc Bergevin doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt.

Max Domi signs two-year deal with #habs at $3.15M AAV. He’ll have two more RFA years under team control when that expires.

Sabres will be using that as a comparable when it comes to a Reinhart bridge deal.

Sam will get more, but it will be brought up.

Hey now. Slow down. You're king of "young players get better." Galchenyuk is only 1 year older than Domi, and suddenly his potential to get better has evaporated, while Domi's is alive and well? :p

I think Galchenyuk likely is what he is, but Domi hasn't given any reason to be optimistic in two seasons. I'd also note that Marc Bergevin doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt.

For me, it’s more the fact that Alex has six NHL seasons to Domi’s three.

I usually give forwards four years.

Domi was disappointing last year, but he had 52 points as a rookie and 38 in only 59 games in year two.

That’s some reason to be optimistic.

Edited by dudacek

Montreal is reportedly in the market for a LHD. Scandella is a good Montreal boy.

Scandella is 2 years from UFA. Sabres stocking up on LHD...

Maybe Montreal is about to flip Domi for Scandella?

Maybe Scandella is part of a Montreal/Buffalo blockbuster brewing?

I love this time of year.

Sounds like bs to me lol

Part of the fun of this June and July is watching Botterill.

At theNHL level, I think last year was mostly about evaluation. This year we start to see what he’s really about.

Perhaps evaluation again, haha. If ROR is traded for a package consisting of mostly futures.

Still holding out hope for a true hockey trade. Or that we just keep him.

So much smoke around Montreal. On the one hand, I’m not interested in much of what the Habs have. On the other, I’d love to trade with Bergevin...

Edited by Thorny

I'm curious Duda why you think Galchenyuk has maxed out as a player while Domi still has upside?  Galchenyuk improved each of his first 4 seasons and then hit a rut the last two as the Habs deteriorated.  He isn't a guy who will carry a team, but in the right situation I think he could easily get to the 70 pt area.  Domi doesn't look like a goal scorer, while Galchenyuk with the right center has 30 goal potential.   

I think we’ve seen enough of Galchenyuk to know what he is. We’ve only seen three season of Domi.

I think Galchenyuk will generally put up 50 to 60 points until hes 30.

Domi should too, IMO, but he hasn’t proven that yet.

Oh my gosh I was rolling... that thread is a angry bee hive right now

Montreal was the closest city when I was a kid. Everyone was a Habs fans but I despised those hosers. I’m a little pleased to see them suffer a bit. I’m going to get a Domi tee shirt to wear next time I’m up North.

Also from that Hf board, "Bergevin needs supervision when using a fork" I lol at that. There's some fun comments in there.

Let's offer Larson, Zemgus, and Moulson for Pacioretty. Montreal is dumb enough.

Edited by Skurk Liger

Domi had 5 goals in 82 games if you don't count his empty-netters.

I saw that too, it's amazing.

There's a lot of chatter on reddit saying Galchenyucks usage is jnbelievo favorable and this and that, but I'm still convinced Montreal got hosed

TRADE: The #Sens have acquired forward Mikkel Boedker, defenceman Julius Bergman and a sixth-round choice in the 2020 NHL Draft from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Mike Hoffman, Cody Donaghy and Ottawa’s fifth-round pick in 2020:

Per Ottawa Senators.

They got hosed thanks to Hoffman’s Fiancé

TRADE: The #Sens have acquired forward Mikkel Boedker, defenceman Julius Bergman and a sixth-round choice in the 2020 NHL Draft from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Mike Hoffman, Cody Donaghy and Ottawa’s fifth-round pick in 2020:

BOOM!!

That's about as far away from Ottawa as they could send him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.