Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

11 hours ago, Hoss said:

And this is why Ramsey has won. People know him. Whether or not they did before doesn’t matter.

Define "won".  I didn't know who he was before and now my entire perception of him is as a waste of oxygen.

11 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Which does not include or have anything to do with hockey.  

Or anything else... I'll remember his name when I hear about him getting arrested in 5 years for something stupid.

@NicholsOnHockey

Dreger: "I had an NHL manager tell me earlier today - Western Conference, granted - but he goes, 'I will buy you the best steak dinner there is if Auston Matthews signs for a dollar less than what Connor McDavid is making.'"

#Leafs

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

@NicholsOnHockey

Dreger: "I had an NHL manager tell me earlier today - Western Conference, granted - but he goes, 'I will buy you the best steak dinner there is if Auston Matthews signs for a dollar less than what Connor McDavid is making.'"

#Leafs

I knew it!

Pi is Bob Murray.

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I knew it!

Pi is Bob Murray.

I'm not going to hate Matthews getting paid more than McDavid. In fact, I would love it ?

@emilymkaplan
Also on the NHL to Seattle front... Bill Daly tells me the league isn’t tethered to 2020-21 for an inaugural season. In fact, sounds like ownership group & league are open to 2021-22 instead.

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

@NicholsOnHockey

#Leafs

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Matthews is getting Tavares' contract on the dot and it will make complete sense for all sides.

Unless he plays this season without signing and wins the Hart and the Art Ross.

Agreed. I don't see how that team functions if Matthews is getting paid more than Tavares

@AndrewBerkshire
Super interesting: 

Defencemen who face the fewest attempted zone entries against per minute...

1) Hampus Lindholm
2) P.K. Subban
3) Drew Doughty

Forwards don't want to engage with those guys at the blue line

D who face the most:

1) Schenn
2) Seabrook
3) Gudbranson

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Matthews is getting Tavares' contract on the dot and it will make complete sense for all sides.

Unless he plays this season without signing and wins the Hart and the Art Ross.

But for 8 years, right? I could see Matthews contract coming in a little above Tavares. What is McDavid at, 12.5? I'll say 11.5 for Matthews. 

11 hours ago, WildCard said:

@NicholsOnHockey

#Leafs

Let's hope.  Their Eichel getting paid like McClavicle will force that team to blow up.

32 minutes ago, Hank said:

Doesn't everybody? If you had the power to negotiate a higher salary you would. So would I. So would anyone. It's human nature. 

These things don't necessarily have to both be true, though. One can seek more money without that meaning they value it above all else.

Anyway, I think we're on the same page in that we disagree with Pi. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

These things don't necessarily have to both be true, though. One can seek more money without that meaning they value it above all else.

Anyway, I think we're on the same page in that we disagree with Pi. 

Fair. 

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

But for 8 years, right? I could see Matthews contract coming in a little above Tavares. What is McDavid at, 12.5? I'll say 11.5 for Matthews. 

Yea, I definitely think he settles in higher than Tavares. Wouldn't surprise me if he hits McDavid's number, but I wouldn't bet it. 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I forgot, did pi's take stem entirely from the decision to play his predraft year in Europe, or did he claim to have inside sources on AM's character?

100% Europe. 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I forgot, did pi's take stem entirely from the decision to play his predraft year in Europe, or did he claim to have inside sources on AM's character?

I believe it was entirely based on his disapproval of Matthews unconventional path to the draft. He's supposed to get lazy and fall off a cliff after he signs his big contract.