Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Mike Richards, a very close comparable for ROR, fetched Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn. I expect a similar return or JBOT shout hag up the phone.

IMHO Richards was much better than ROR.  Richards played with blood and guts, not woe-is-me.

I think Botterill may be more invested in trading ROR than he’s let on.

I think this is very likely.

Cap-clearing deal to me is Okposo.

Well, it might be the acquiror of ROR that needs to clear cap space.

Jeremy White said the source supposedly hinted its St L. I like ROR to StL, nice assets to be had and send him out of the conference 

I am most intrigued by a St. Louis trade of O'Reilly since they have the prospects and young players that would be interesting and actually improve our team. I still would prefer not to trade him at all, but it sounds more and more like that ship is sailing and the trade is inevitable.

Are we sure that the "cap clearing" move mentioned is us sending someone out? Could it be another Sheary like move where we get a good player to take on another cap anchor for a few years?

By the way, St.Louis? They have exactly 1 winger, and it's Tarasenko. Given the age group we've publicly stated we want, expect it to be Scwartz or Parayko coming back

Parayko as a major piece works for me, as he is 25 and locked up on a recent 5 year deal. It seems Botterill and Housley are really focused on defense this off season, so that would make sense.

Again pure speculation by me, but interesting.

I am most intrigued by a St. Louis trade of O'Reilly since they have the prospects and young players that would be interesting and actually improve our team. I still would prefer not to trade him at all, but it sounds more and more like that ship is sailing and the trade is inevitable.

Are we sure that the "cap clearing" move mentioned is us sending someone out? Could it be another Sheary like move where we get a good player to take on another cap anchor for a few years?

That is how I interpreted it.

Palat and Callahan

Palat would be a good LW addition, and Callahan's deal is only another 2 years. But both have high cap hits ($5.3MM Palat and $5.8MM Callahan) - that's a lot to take on at once.

I think if we do that we have to trade something like Okposo or Bogo or Moulson out.

Right. I don't think we can take two $5MM+ cap hits without sending one of ours out.

That Okposo contract looks tuurrible. :doh:

Edited by Samson's Flow

you would hope they have the deal in place now so they know what they have to fill and work with in a few days instead of making a move and seeing the better UFAs already gone

Future considerations.  If the new team is not paying the bonus, you make the deal right now and then on July 1st (or 2nd) the future considerations are officially announced as O'Reilly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.