Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

No he isn’t and it’s not even close

Yes he is, he's better at defense, and when he transitions he doesn't just chuck the puck out to the opposing defensemen at center ice like Risto is so fond of doing. 

For all the trade value our guys have, it's a wonder that we were by far the worst team in the league this year.

I doubt that Botterill would trade ROR for the sake of trading him. Darren Dreger mentioned there are concerns with him and Paul Hamilton on WGR yesterday mentioned that his “I need to play better and be a better leader act” is wearing thin in the room.

He also mentioned Sabres Staff Members have told him that Jack and ROR do not get along.

Hamilton also spoke about that his agent orchestrated a trade out of Colorado and they maybe trying to do the same out of Buffalo. The one constant PHam has subscribed to is that ROR has two full days to think about what he was going to say at Locker Clean Out and he mentioned his lost love for the game.

Winning is probably the medicine to fix this mess.

I do not want the Sabres to trade him, but if Botterill and Housley feel he is a problem in the room and for the team it may be inevitable.

Edited by Brawndo

As much as I like ROR I think a shake up is coming. Carolina looks to me the team who would also be looking to shake things up with new ownership.  

How about another three way trade with Ottawa and Carolina.

Ottawa sends Carolina Erik Karlsson and Bobby Ryan. 

Carolina sends Ottawa Justin Faulk, Noah Hanifin and conditional pick, (pick is 2020 3rd rd unless Erik Karlsson resigns then it becomes 2020 1st rd.)

Buffalo sends Ottawa Nylander, and Bogo.

Carolina sends Buffalo Victor Rask and Jordan Stall .

Buffalo sends Carolina ROR, and rights to Robin Lehner.

Ottawa sends Buffalo Cody Cici.

So how it breaks down for each team.

1.  Ottawa trades Erik Karlsson, Bobby Ryan and Cody Cici and receives Justin Faulk, Alex Nylander, Bogo, Noah Hanifin and 2020 conditional pick.

Ottawa gets something in return for potential UFA Karlsson. Faulk gives them someone with stability right away and Hanifin is the prospect.  Bobby Ryan and Bogo just exchange of bad contracts who have potential when healthy. Nylander and 2020 pick is what makes Ottawa make this trade. 

2.   Carolina trades Jordan Stall, Victor Rask, Justin Faulk, Noah Hanifin and conditional 2020 pick and receives ROR, Erik Karlson, Robin Lehner and Bobby Ryan.

Landing the two big fish in the trade, Erik Karlsson and ROR, Carolina is willing to take on Bobby Ryan's contract and give up the potential 1st rd pick.  With the abundance of young players and plenty of salary cap, Carolina takes on some big contracts to make a splash. Lehner is given a second chance to split time with Scott Darling.

3.   Buffalo trades ROR, Alexander Nylander, and Bogo and receives Cici, Rask and Stall.

Buffalo is able to get a solid return for ROR in Stall and Rask.  Cici gives Buffalo stability on right side of third pairing D, and able to dump Bogo's contract as well.

Buffalo's other moves in the off season.  

Sign goalie Jonathan Bernier to 2 yr 7 million contract. AAV 3.5 million

Sign David Perron to 2 yr 8 million contract. AAV 4 million

Trade Larsson and 2019 2nd rd pick to Pittsburgh for Bryan Rust.

Rask, Eichel, Reinhart

Perron, Stall, Baptiste

Rust, Mittelstadt, Okposo

Girgensons, ERod, Bailey

McCabe ,Risto

Scandella, Dahlin

Guhle, Cici

Bernier

Ullmark

Tbf you think everyone is better at hockey than Risto

Nope - but my limited eye test tells me that, and Klefbom's

Even strength scoring rate per game

" per minute

% of exits with possession

% of entries broken up

All possession stats in a vacuum

All possession stats relative to his team

Shot suppression

Are better, risto only beats him in raw points due to/ and pp production.

So I'm getting a mediocre 3rd pairing D. I lesser 2nd line C who is 2 years older. And a 25 year old c/lw who is at best a 40-45 point player while losing not only ROR but also Nylander and Bogo.

Hard pass.

So if I switch Stall for either Skinner or Teravainen do you make the trade?

If they trade Ristolainen for a left handed defenseman then Botterill should be fired on the spot.

We have nobody else worthwhile on the right side. It's not even a given that Dahlin will play the right side yet.

Welcome to hockey heaven, Rasmus Dahlin. I know you're a rookie and you need to adjust to NA ice, but we're going to throw you into the deep end immediately and give you all the tough matchups because Zach Bogosian got hurt in training camp and Casey Nelson couldn't handle the tough minutes in preseason after Bogosian went down. Buckle up, kid.

This.

Nope - but my limited eye test tells me that, and Klefbom's

Even strength scoring rate per game

" per minute

% of exits with possession

% of entries broken up

All possession stats in a vacuum

All possession stats relative to his team

Shot suppression

Are better, risto only beats him in raw points due to/ and pp production.

I don't want Klefbom, he looks like a Bogo 2.0 to me.     

I doubt that Botterill would trade ROR for the sake of trading him. Darren Dreger mentioned there are concerns with him and Paul Hamilton on WGR yesterday mentioned that his “I need to play better and be a better leader act” is wearing thin in the room.

He also mentioned Sabres Staff Members have told him that Jack and ROR do not get along.

Hamilton also spoke about that his agent orchestrated a trade out of Colorado and they maybe trying to do the same out of Buffalo. The one constant PHam has subscribed to is that ROR has two full days to think about what he was going to say at Locker Clean Out and he mentioned his lost love for the game.

Winning is probably the medicine to fix this mess.

I do not want the Sabres to trade him, but if Botterill and Housley feel he is a problem in the room and for the team it may be inevitable.

Interesting intell from Hamilton. I wish I could hear it myself. I doubt I can dig it up in the archives.

I never saw the social media content that was being talked about last winter -- something about Eichel being video'd mocking another teammate, evidently ROR. I never heard a description of what it was that Eichel was saying in the video. It now occurs to me: Was he doing a mopey, emo "I gotta be better" impersonation?

Interesting intell from Hamilton. I wish I could hear it myself. I doubt I can dig it up in the archives.

I never saw the social media content that was being talked about last winter -- something about Eichel being video'd mocking another teammate, evidently ROR. I never heard a description of what it was that Eichel was saying in the video. It now occurs to me: Was he doing a mopey, emo "I gotta be better" impersonation?

The video was something a lot of people just didn't see because it was there and then gone so quickly. I think it was Bogo and Eichel, and Eichel was doing a mopey O'Reilly imitation. It fueled a bunch of fan speculation and close scrutiny of the interactions between ROR and Eichel, but ultimately looked like it was a nothingburger, just the boys goofing around. 

The video was something a lot of people just didn't see because it was there and then gone so quickly. I think it was Bogo and Eichel, and Eichel was doing a mopey O'Reilly imitation. It fueled a bunch of fan speculation and close scrutiny of the interactions between ROR and Eichel, but ultimately looked like it was a nothingburger, just the boys goofing around. 

That squares with my recollection. But now we have Hamilton reporting that 15 and 90 legitimately do not get along. A somethingburger?

That squares with my recollection. But now we have Hamilton reporting that 15 and 90 legitimately do not get along. A somethingburger?

Maybe they were both putting on the ultimate act through the end of the season? I wouldn't expect guys who don't like each other to interact how they do in public.

Maybe Eichel doesn't dislike him personally, just from a "business is business" perspective? There could be more nuance here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.