Amerks playoff thread

inkman

He went one game without a shot.

Happened to jack Eichel a few times this year.

That said, Nylander has been unremarkable.

Skates fast, goes to the right spots but never makes anything happen.

Bailey is easily the most notable prospect out there, good and bad.

Almost 1 and 2/3's.

5-3 , no 5-4

We Responded in seconds.

Ullmark has allowed five in 15 shots.

Amerks aren’t good at moving the puck with the pass.

They’ve also tended to get mesmerized by the puck when the Crunch start passing.

Two goals tonight they’ve had three guys on the puck carrier and left him open guys to pass to.

And another shot, another goal. 6-4.

Linus hasn’t been embarrassing, but he has to make a few saves.

And now it’s 6-5.

I think we’ve outshot them 18-17.

A goal every third shot.

High end offensive prospect that isn't getting shots in games that matter is pretty remarkable.

He’s barely touched the ice in the third, if at all.

Now that is worth remarking.

Edited by dudacek

When I see how weak the Amerks are on the puck, I really wonder about Fasching and Borgen not playing.

Just over a minute left.

Ullmark pulled.

Terrible sequence with the goalie pulled.

Giveaway after giveaway, couldn’t get into the zone.

6-5 final.

Amerks look to me like an incredibly soft team.

Like their team identity is Seth Griffith.

Disappointing. I’ll stop talking to myself now.

Edited by dudacek

When I see how weak the Amerks are on the puck, I really wonder about Fasching and Borgen not playing.

Just over a minute left.

Ullmark pulled.

Terrible sequence with the goalie pulled.

Giveaway after giveaway, couldn’t get into the zone.

6-5 final.

Amerks look to me like an incredibly soft team.

Like their team identity is Seth Griffith.

Disappointing. I’ll stop talking to myself now.

Would you have felt this way if Ullmark didn't faceplant?

I've heard people describe the Amerks of late as looking a surprising amount like the Sabres

Well, they pretty much are the Sabres. This franchise is gonna be bad for quite a while.

I've heard people describe the Amerks of late as looking a surprising amount like the Sabres

It was in the Buffalo News yesterday.

And LetsgoAmerks tweeted the Nylander was benched for most of the 3rd period.  I'm rapidly becoming convinced that Sean Malone is a better prospect than Alex Nylander at this point.

These were supposed to be games that a prospect who pleasantly surprised at the NHL level relative to what we'd seen all season from him would do his best to make a big impact and impress all of the members of the Sabres watching, laying the foundation for an offseason that would propel him onto the Sabres roster with determination and hard work. 

And he was ###### benched for the third period. 

Disgusting that we wasted a top 10 pick on that guy. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

What's so sad about this is Tampa Bay is light years ahead of us in the NHL and as bad as we've been lately, their AHL team is killing us in the playoffs. We have to get pick #1 or #2 or we'll be doomed forever.

What's so sad about this is Tampa Bay is light years ahead of us in the NHL and as bad as we've been lately, their AHL team is killing us in the playoffs. We have to get pick #1 or #2 or we'll be doomed forever.

When the parent club is good, they can let the young players incubate in the minors for years until they’re ready.

I don't want to use the word shocking if they lose the next game..but to be swept in the first round of the playoffs over the course of a few days after:

-Playing pretty well for most of the season...at times looking like the 2nd best team in the division, if not the conference

-having us TRULY believe that this year...a focus would be on the Amerks doing well in the playoffs

-having what we all would like to think are Sabres players NEXT YEAR on the Amerks for the playoffs...including the likely starting goalie for the big club and a couple of regular D-men...

Just so everyone is clear on this: Syracuse was the favoured team in this series - a better season and a much better second half, plus they were in the finals last year.

Might have been missed in all the Amerk’s hype the Sabres have been spewing.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.