This should be the intro. to every Sabres game and the Knights stole it

PASabreFan

There's no need to take a sh1t on the Sabres game-production people in order to admire what Vegas did.

Far as I know, NO ONE in the NHL has been going where Vegas goes with their in-game stuff.

The production talent and experience that Vegas has in their region -- in a very concentrated manner -- are probably unmatched in any pro sports market. (I know, I know -- LA and NYC -- but those are *big* places.)

There's no need to take a sh1t on the Sabres game-production people in order to admire what Vegas did.

Far as I know, NO ONE in the NHL has been going where Vegas goes with their in-game stuff.

The production talent and experience that Vegas has in their region -- in a very concentrated manner -- are probably unmatched in any pro sports market. (I know, I know -- LA and NYC -- but those are *big* places.)

Have you finished wiping yet from all the shits you've taken on them? My God, the hypocrisy on this board can be stunning at times.

Have you finished wiping yet from all the shits you've taken on them? My God, the hypocrisy on this board can be stunning at times.

I do try to get in a good, full wipe after every sh1t. And I don't resort to those sewer-busting manly wipe cloths either.

And, yes, I have all sorts of problems and gripes with the Sabres' production capabilities. But Vegas is doing things that 30 other NHL teams have never done. I'm looking for the Sabres to become competent, not (yet) trend-setting.

Baby steps. Not baby wipes.

What Vegas did worked because it was Vegas....

It's almost uniquely Vegas.

I'm not sure that would work ANYWHERE else, let alone Buffalo.  I might accept NYC as a possibility.  No where else is really known for their "shows".  

For what its worth, I rather like the EA Sports NHL intros the Sabres manage to pull together.  For a playoff game however.. I would expect a serious escalation.

Hey if the did something with two Samurai warriors with actual Sabres it could work. Bring a Buffalo in on a stage and use recorded Buffalo grunt sounds as the Sabres came out might work.

<pushes up nerd glasses> I believe you mean katanas  :angel:  <removes glasses, dons helmet> But I think light sabers sabres would work just as well.

Or, you know, just put a good team on the ice that's fun to watch... and more organ music and Sabredance.

This. This. A thousand times this. During the intros you can add some good lighting and maybe overlay a bit of that bass drone if you're absolutely worried people won't buzz, and then let an exciting team and good game of hockey carry you on.

Hey if the did something with two Samurai warriors with actual Sabres it could work. Bring a Buffalo in on a stage and use recorded Buffalo grunt sounds as the Sabres came out might work.

Only when the Isles are in town? (Obscure Wang joke.) The first part is pretty good. Not sure about the buffalo. Am I crazy or did the Bills have one on the sideline a long time ago (maybe Rockpile days)?

You have it two ice dancers dressed up as Samurais ice dancing, like Russian dancing..bring out a bear for the bruins that can play dead!

Again the first part is great. Remember that Sabre Dance was composed by a Russian. But, again with the wild beast!

Everyone should remember their Sabre history. The very first home game (and the entire first season at home, I think) featured a young woman figure skater who tossed a sabre into the opposition net before the opening faceoff. Sundae Bafo. It's been all downhill since then.

s-l1000.jpg

Please note the obvious displeasure being shown by Chet and Muffy's grandparents!

Only when the Isles are in town? (Obscure Wang joke.) The first part is pretty good. Not sure about the buffalo. Am I crazy or did the Bills have one on the sideline a long time ago (maybe Rockpile days)?

Again the first part is great. Remember that Sabre Dance was composed by a Russian. But, again with the wild beast!

Everyone should remember their Sabre history. The very first home game (and the entire first season at home, I think) featured a young woman figure skater who tossed a sabre into the opposition net before the opening faceoff. Sundae Bafo. It's been all downhill since then.

s-l1000.jpgPlease note the obvious displeasure being shown by Chet and Muffy's grandparents!

Is that Josie’s gramma?

So obvious. So obvious somehow it didn't occur to the college interns who do Sabres game presentation that it would be so, so spectacular.

(Sword fight scene at center ice)

almost got in a fight with that idiot. He was walking thru the concourses and knocked my buddies hat off and stepped on it. Bunch of people got inbetween us and he went in an employee door.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.