Whose idea was the tank and whose decision was it?

PASabreFan

Three years on from a fateful day in Sabres history, and I don't feel like anyone has been held responsible.

What they had over there, of course, was a flat management structure and plausible deniability.

Was it all Terry? I mean, he played no meaningful role in hiring Murray, according to him. Are his hands clean on The Tank too?

For everybody complaining about the tank.... you should thank your lucky stars BUF didn't beat ARI in OT on that fateful day 3 years ago. 

If they did, BUF ends up with Strome and ARI gets Eichel.    Tank on.

For everybody complaining about the tank.... you should thank your lucky stars BUF didn't beat ARI in OT on that fateful day 3 years ago. 

If they did, BUF ends up with Strome and ARI gets Eichel.    Tank on.

So what?

There is no debate.

Whether it was Terry pushing Darcy or Darcy pushing Terry, it was clearly Terry’s decision and Terry is accountable.

Why are we even talking about it anymore?

Because we're not talking about it. I'd like to know the last time Terry uttered the word "Sabres" in public. He's gone like the wind.

Odd that you would forget this all started under Darcy and his infamous "suffering" statement...

I didn't forget. That doesn't answer the questions. If it was Darcy's idea, why did he get fired?

The level of meddling with the Pegulas is an unknowable factor. What I'd like to know is who is giving them advice?

It would seem to be down to Russ Brandon. When the tank was being hatched, you have a whole panoply of candidates: Cliff Benson, Ken Sawyer and Ted Black chiefly among them. They, and Terry, would have seen the result of the Pens bottoming out circa 2002-2004. Terry being a Pens fan, of course, who didn't even know his beloved Sabres were for sale after the Rigas debacle. I'd love to invoke Battista, but he didn't come around until late 2013.

Three years on from a fateful day in Sabres history, and I don't feel like anyone has been held responsible.

What they had over there, of course, was a flat management structure and plausible deniability.

Was it all Terry? I mean, he played no meaningful role in hiring Murray, according to him. Are his hands clean on The Tank too?

It was the right thing to do then and I still support it, unfortunately our ex GM's vision didn't pan out but with the right moves Botteril can right a sinking ship, getting either Svechnikov or Dahlin will be a great start and we'll be faster soon, with Nylander/Middlestadt, team speed is needed desperately. The good thing out of all this bad is that Reinhart is finally looking decent again.

It was the right thing to do then and I still support it, unfortunately our ex GM's vision didn't pan out but with the right moves Botteril can right a sinking ship, getting either Svechnikov or Dahlin will be a great start and we'll be faster soon, with Nylander/Middlestadt, team speed is needed desperately. The good thing out of all this bad is that Reinhart is finally looking decent again.

What if Reinhart doesn't want to resign here over the summer? Buffalo is never featured on goals of the week or goals of the month. There's a reason: no talent. And the leadership has failed over many years now with very little signs of a pulse. Don't take it for granted that Reinhart's going to be here next year.

Harrington and Hammy combining their wondertwin powers of absolute awful last night to argue that it is, in fact, the fans who need to be held responsible for all of this is pretty much the hardest I've ever seen two people navel-gaze. Burning holes-level staring...

I can't anymore. Just make the team better, those responsible for doing so.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.