GDT Vegas at Buffalo 3/10/18 1:00pm MSG WGR550

LTS

You're so good with sarcasm. How about the saves that kept them in it and those other guys who are far worst at putting pucks in the net than Lehner is at keeping them out. I'm only saying we pick on one guy and when he's out of here we're going to lose without him if we can't score. You're little quips are amusing though. You must get laughs.

I know it's hard if you're being logical to be mad at Lehner. But everyone knew that lead wasn't holding up. With him, it's not so much the how many as the when.

I know it's hard if you're being logical to be mad at Lehner. But everyone knew that lead wasn't holding up. With him, it's not so much the how many as the when.

This is it. He actually played a good game and he's had a lot of similar games.

And they all seem to end in a similar fashion.

Unfortunately, the several great saves he did make were completely neutralized by:  the tying goal in regulation where he made a poor choice leaving the net and then the shootout where even though he seems to have improved, it still aint pretty. . .

The key with Lehner is that he isn't the worst (most nights), but he isn't great either. 

Hes not the reason they are where they are in the standings, good or bad

Today you need a goalie who can stand on their head and keep them in games when the rest of the team is struggling. Lehner hasn't shown he can do that. On a stacked team he may do enough to not cost them games, but he isn't going to steal wins when the team isn't playing well

The key with Lehner is that he isn't the worst (most nights), but he isn't great either. 

Today you need a goalie who can stand on their head and keep them in games when the rest of the team is struggling. Lehner hasn't shown he can do that. On a stacked team he may do enough to not cost them games, but he isn't going to steal wins when the team isn't playing well

I agree, doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling that he can carry a team.

Even with all the technical flaws, I can't think of a bigger reason to leave Lehner behind than his bizarre speech about Toronto predetermining outcomes agaist the Sabres. If I'm Botterill, I just can't have that in my lockerroom. Goalies can be kooky, but that's something else altogether.

I really look forward to the Lehner discussions being over.

Nah I would just settle for a miller type who makes timely saves.  

Even with all the technical flaws, I can't think of a bigger reason to leave Lehner behind than his bizarre speech about Toronto predetermining outcomes agaist the Sabres. If I'm Botterill, I just can't have that in my lockerroom. Goalies can be kooky, but that's something else altogether.

I really look forward to the Lehner discussions being over.

I'm with Radar though, Lehner keeps this team in games most nights.

I'm with Radar though, Lehner keeps this team in games most nights.

He's nailed on for chucking at least one in his own net every single game. For a team that doesn't score, that's a back breaker. I get it, he's not the only problem. But he's an enormous problem. Absolving him of responsibility, which is something I've seen many do, because the team in general is bad, is entirely wrong.

He's bad. The Sabres need something better. There are many other upgrades needed but, and I can not stress this enough, Lehner will not be the goalie on this or any team when it's good.

He's nailed on for chucking at least one in his own net every single game. For a team that doesn't score, that's a back breaker. I get it, he's not the only problem. But he's an enormous problem. Absolving him of responsibility, which is something I've seen many do, because the team in general is bad, is entirely wrong.

He's bad. The Sabres need something better. There are many other upgrades needed but, and I can not stress this enough, Lehner will not be the goalie on this or any team when it's good.

There you have it, a team that doesn't score, but lay the blame all on the goalie when losing.

This is it. He actually played a good game and he's had a lot of similar games.

And they all seem to end in a similar fashion.

Exactly, how many 1 goal games have Sabres lost and more importantly how many games has Lehner given up a goal late allowing the other team to tie game or win game... say last 10 min... seems like a lot this year. His save % and play during game seems good but he always seems to have 1 or 2 head scratchers like that last goal. Clumbsy poke check attempt pulled way outta the net leaving far side exposed. Like WTF??? Why do it... scratches head??? Edited by North Buffalo

I noticed on the Benoit Pouliot interview that he keeps scratching the back of his neck while Hamilton was feeding him questions.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/benoit-pouliot-postgame-31018/t-277437090/c-58780803

Looked up the body language and here's what it said. 

When we feel frustrated and angry, the arrector pili muscles on the back of our necks try to raise our non-existent fur pelt that results in a tingling sensation. We satisfy this sensation by rubbing the back of our necks vigorously or slapping it. This gesture is done when we find ourselves in a frustrating situation or when someone gives us a ‘pain in the neck’. 

Apparently Hamilton gave Pouliot a pain in the neck with his probing questions including the answer when he admitted cheating on the Bailey goal. He looked uncomfortable and sounded a bit overly defensive about the team.
Edited by Marvelo

I noticed on the Benoit Pouliot interview that he keeps scratching the back of his neck while Hamilton was feeding him questions.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/benoit-pouliot-postgame-31018/t-277437090/c-58780803

Looked up the body language and here's what it said. 

Apparently Hamilton gave Pouliot a pain in the neck with his probing questions including the answer when he admitted cheating on the Bailey goal. He looked uncomfortable and sounded a bit overly defensive about the team.

That or wearing sweaty hockey equipment for 4 hours isn't as comfy as it looks.

Why does ROR continue to get shoot out attempts? He’s god awful at them. And he always does the same approach.

It doesn’t work.

Ah, maybe there are not a lot of option on such a high scoring machine as the Sabres?

Ah, maybe there are not a lot of option on such a high scoring machine as the Sabres?

wasn't ROR good at them on the Avs?

There you have it, a team that doesn't score, but lay the blame all on the goalie when losing.

that's the problem, this team struggles to score so it makes things worse having a goalie who doesn't make a few extra saves when needed. The better goalies in this league make the few extra saves when the team needs them to when they are struggling. How many feel comfortable that Lehner can hold a 1 goal lead for them to get a win? He isn't the only problem, but he still is a problem

wasn't ROR good at them on the Avs?

that's the problem, this team struggles to score so it makes things worse having a goalie who doesn't make a few extra saves when needed. The better goalies in this league make the few extra saves when the team needs them to when they are struggling. How many feel comfortable that Lehner can hold a 1 goal lead for them to get a win? He isn't the only problem, but he still is a problem

Yup , 15 shutout a year goalies are easy to find :p

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.