Oh Samson My Samson!

Samson's Flow

It really was putting a damper on things that I was considering it "okay" to trade a former #2 overall pick. Who has been with the Sabres for 4 seasons, who is a good soldier and wants to write the fort.  This is someone we need to build around, not jettison.  So I'm back on board.  Go #23!

I'm still going to stick with the idea that no one - not even Jack - should be untouchable on a terrible hockey team. If they can improve the team, trade anyone. 

Reinhart’s monthly totals in each of his three seasons:

4-5-6-5-8-12-2

4-8-9-9-8-8-1

4-6-1-9-13-?-?

Interesting. For clarification, what are the # of games in each of the months (Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)? Looking at this years schedule every month was basically full except April (only 4 games), and October started 10/5 so it was mostly a full month.

How do we get those October 4pt months in line with the rest of the year?

It varies but typically October has a weeks worth of fewer games and April just a week of games total.

That's what I gathered as well. So the early struggles look to be more tangible than just fewer games played. And we can basically ignore the 1's and 2's in the last month as there are only a handful of games.

Looks like last year was incredibly consistent where this year has been far more hot/cold streaky.

Streaky doesn’t really fit considering year one was steady improvement pretty much from start to finish and year two remarkable consistency.

This year he followed up another tepid start with easily the worst month of his career, then two of his three best.

Edited by dudacek

Streaky doesn’t really fit considering year one was steady improvement pretty much from start to finish and year two remarkable consistency.

This year he followed up another tepid start with easily the worst month of his career, then two of his three best.

I said streaky only referring to this year, which he had a terrible cold spell followed by his recent hot production. Your characterization is probably more accurate.

So, do we still want to trade Sam for scraps As Soon As Humanly Possible because the "league's faster". Remember I said don't trade him; he has PPG potential? #toldyouso Who knew, different players develop at different rates

Edited by BuffaloBorn

He better not cut his hair .

Any question left that this kid has figured it out and is ready to get to the next level and be the star we thought we drafted?

Best comment on the pairing tonight of ROR and Sam, I think it was Ray who said they work well together because they go as the same speed.  

Any question left that this kid has figured it out and is ready to get to the next level and be the star we thought we drafted?

Best comment on the pairing tonight of ROR and Sam, I think it was Ray who said they work well together because they go as the same speed.

I heard that from Ray and thought it was a good point. They're both on the same page with each other, which is what we need. We need players that work well together.

Now I need that winger for Jack.

And I would argue it isn't just skating speed that is an important factor. Early in Sam's career there would be times where I would see him look to the open area on the ice wanting to pass to a Sabre player that wasn't there. ROR seems to have that spacial awareness to be in the spot Sam was expecting (and vice versa) so they are able to play off one another. 

Yes. Now that we know he is a winger (and could be damn good one at that) let's start him with ROR Game 1 next season. This year has turned into another lost year where experimenting with line combos should hopefully benefit us to start the season next year.

Yes. Now that we know he is a winger (and could be damn good one at that) let's start him with ROR Game 1 next season. This year has turned into another lost year where experimenting with line combos should hopefully benefit us to start the season next year.

Who would Jack's RW now if KO is Ko'd for this season and maybe for his career if the concussion is severe enough?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.