GDT Bruins at Buffalo 2/25/18 5 PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

Could Jack's injury actually help Reinhart blossom as a player?

It’s possible, but in my view he was blossoming before Jack went down

I’m content at the moment that his good play has continued since.

As Freeman has frequently pointed out, the proof of his value wont come until he does this in the first two months of next season, when the games matter.

But the fact that he is at least a good player, not a bust that should be sold off for the first half-assed prospect offered should be accepted by any reasonable observer by now.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

As Freeman has frequently pointed out, the proof is what he does in the first two months of next season, when the games matter.

I also think he's looked better once he settled back in to being where he belonged.

No surprise Beaulieu out for that mess

He was out for 4:02 that shift.  Wow.

As Freeman has frequently pointed out, the proof of his value wont come until he does this in the first two months of next season, when the games matter.

But the fact that he is at least a good player, not a bust that should be sold off for the first half-assed prospect offered should be proven by now.

I'm actually not worried about next season.  I'm seeing growth in his attitude and game.  I agree that he was improving playing with Jack, but since Jack went down I'm seeing a guy no longer waiting for the play to come to him.  He is using his excellent hands to force the issue more and this is a skill that should carry over.

I'm actually not worried about next season. I'm seeing growth in his attitude and game. I agree that he was improving playing with Jack, but since Jack went down I'm seeing a guy no longer waiting for the play to come to him. He is using his excellent hands to force the issue more and this is a skill that should carry over.

In my view he’s been that player for nearly two months now, independent of Jack, but when is less important than the fact it’s there.

I expect it to continue as well, but I’ve expected Sam to eventually become this player since we drafted him, so confirmation bias is a fair criticism.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Don’t mind Girgs as the speedy forechecker with two talented guys.

I’d like it more if we had a third line that compensated for the offence he doesn’t add.

And Antipin is clearly our 2nd best guy on the point.

Glad to see him getting a chance there.

I always get that warm fuzzy feel content and cozy feeling when we stomp on Boston's nuts

Is it just me?

It’s not you. It’s all of us.

Correct. My issue was never with observations that he was playing horribly, but rather, with projections that said the current play was a better indicator of his future than two full seasons of quality play.

A good point.

But the fact that he is at least a good player, not a bust that should be sold off for the first half-assed prospect offered should be accepted by any reasonable observer by now.

I agree, it had been coming on before Jack went down.

In my view he’s been that player for nearly two months now, independent of Jack, but when is less important than the fact it’s there.

I expect it to continue as well, but I’ve expected Sam to eventually become this player since we drafted him, so confirmation bias is a fair criticism.

Honestly, I had always been one of his biggest advocates as well, until that stretch this season. We’ll call it a blip :p

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.