Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

So McDermott ran the draft when there was no GM, and made a recommendation about the GM he liked to get the next job? We already have stories of how Bean traded Watkins mid pres-season game, without McDermott's knowledge. And it's not like Bean is just some figure head; ton of experience in the front office role for years, and was the pick to take the Panthers GM job before they fired their own guy

I quoted an article about the trade in a later post. I never said Beane just shows up to work and plays solitaire on his laptop, I said McDermott is calling the shots and I assume he gives his blessing before big decisions are made. McDermott didn't know where or how much but after pow-wowing with Beane over the summer it seems to me like McDermott gave his blessing to trade the guy (like a boss making the big decision) and Beane did the leg work (like the grunt he probably is).

Espn is reporting that Beane says Buffalo may not move up further to get a QB. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22793158/buffalo-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-says-no-guarantee-team-moves-nfl-draft-take-quarterback

Ā 

My guess is he made the calls, listened to the prices and said I donā€™t think so. Or this could all be pre-draft posturing. However with Preston Brown now gone to Cincy and a guy like Roquan Smith possibly sitting there at 12, Beane may decide the plug that hole and wait on Jackson or Rudolph at 22. Maybe someone like Allen or Mayfield slip and we get lucky and steal them at 12. He also has the powder to move up from 22 to get to say 15-18 to get his QB.

Ā 

One thing for sure, Beane is playing a serious game of chicken to get a much needed QB for this team.

Ā 

I would take Jackson and Rudolph (and obviously Mayfield, Darnold, and Rosen) before Allen.

Correction it was two seconds this year from the Jets.

Ā 

From NDT Scouting

Final note: #Bills fans, after this trade, here's what a similar trade could look like with the #Giants for #2 overall:

Ā 

2018 First Rounder (#12 overall)

2018 First Rounder (#22 overall)

2018 Second Rounder (#53 overall)

2019 Second Rounder (TBD)

Correction it was two seconds this year from the Jets.

Ā 

From NDT Scouting

Final note: #Bills fans, after this trade, here's what a similar trade could look like with the #Giants for #2 overall:

Ā 

2018 First Rounder (#12 overall)

2018 First Rounder (#22 overall)

2018 Second Rounder (#53 overall)

2019 Second Rounder (TBD)

Ā 

This would still leave them with 4 picks in the first 3 rounds this year, FYI. I do that deal right now.

The Jets once thought Christian Hackenberg was worth a 2nd round pick. Let's hope they think Allen is worth #3 overall.

Ā 

I PRAY this is true. But this is just about the worst news I could have woken up to...trading up with the Giants will be way too costly now. And after two decades of Brady's , I don't want another two decades of Rosen or Mayfield. I'm assuming here that Browns go Darnold and Giants go Barkley.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.