Nelson starting to look like a NHL defenseman

Reinhart starting to look like the player we all wanted him to be

Kane scored a goal

Very nice and well earned victory in Boston yesterday

Sabres starting to look and play like an NHL Team

DD still in play, Dahlin Derby

The BAD

Sabre goaltender situation still bad

Jack's unknown injury situation, plans under construction for possible bunker next to Bogosian because of annual injuries

ESPN Preview

http://www.espn.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400962459

Another lost season for the Buffalo Sabres may have taken a difficult turn. The Sabres could be without leading scorer Jack Eichel when they take on the Colorado Avalanche on Sunday night.

Eichel left in the first period of Buffalo's 4-2 victory over the Boston Bruins on Saturday with a lower-body injury after an awkward fall. First-year coach Phil Housley did not update Eichel's condition after the game."We'll have to re-evaluate it (Sunday)," Housley told the Buffalo News, which noted that Eichel's injury was to his right leg and that he could not put any weight on it as he headed to the locker room. It would be a huge blow if Eichel is sidelined......  Click on Link to view more.....

LETS GO BUFFALO

post-4541-0-89054200-1518354749_thumb.jpg    VS    post-4541-0-29115700-1518354781_thumb.jpg

Edited by jsb

Can they fly home and play another game like the one in Boston?

Will the home Sabres finally play at the same level as the away Sabres?

Will being Jack-less inspire this team to channel their inner compete and come out playing like we all thought they could?

Tune in tonight at 7pm to get the answers and so much more.

Can they fly home and play another game like the one in Boston?

Will the home Sabres finally play at the same level as the away Sabres?

Will being Jack-less inspire this team to channel their inner compete and come out playing like we all thought they could?

Tune in tonight at 7pm to get the answers and so much more.

I'd like to think the last 4 games against really good teams were examples of the team finally understanding and employing Housley's system. Hopefully it continues today and beyond. Today and Tuesday night will be great tests.

Edited by Gramps

So, what were the line combos after Jack went down?  What do we look forward to today?

You used to be able to go to NHL.com and see a play by play of the game which showed who was on the ice for each event and you could see the lines. That appears to be gone. Well the play by play is still there, but it's reformatted without the players on the ice. Boo.

Sam is starting to look much stronger on his skates. Not necessarily that he has become stronger, but rather he now knows how to brace for a hit, lean into a move to protect the puck, and lower his center of gravity.

If I remember correctly, I noticed the same thing about Brian Campbell. His first season, he would just get pwned in the corners, and looked downright scared to battle for the puck in the corners. He then figured out how to use his quickness and leverage to win those battles- and transition/move the puck up the ice very effectively.

No need to get super negative. We weren't making the playoffs. This is a perfect opportunity for many of our players to rally together and show they belong in this league. Everyone seems to play better when paired with Eichel. Now guys need to produce in less than optimal conditions.

Kudos to you for doubling down!

Come on guys. I've made three teenage daughters groan countless times over the years. Work with me here. 

I'm at the stage where my daughter thinks I'm hilarious (3.5 years), but I'm putting in the effort now so I'm at PeakDad later. MrsPie is the only one groaning over my jokes for a couple more years.

I'm at the stage where my daughter thinks I'm hilarious (3.5 years), but I'm putting in the effort now so I'm at PeakDad later. MrsPie is the only one groaning over my jokes for a couple more years.

Good strategy. 

BTW for extra credit you could have added "It's not like I'm trying to be the Center of attention here". 

It's going the extra mile that makes them beg you to stop. Then you'll know you're at PeakDad. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.