GDT Sabres at Boston 7PM 2/10/18 MSG GR

Brawndo

Solid team win tonight, but Jack's knee. Ouch!  Nice to see Wilson play well.  Also Reinchuk had another solid game.  

AS much as I don't want to see Jack out long term, the void he leaves could be filled by Reino.   He's been coming around lately, and this may challenge him to play an even bigger role.

True - Carson Wentz walked to the locker room.

Shut up.  :(

The angles of his knees say MCL. Although when I had both my skates go out like that once and I did strain both MCLs I could not get the strength to stand up. Once I was helped up I could “skate” off.

It was a good win by a team that seems to be gaining confidence. Beating the Bruins is damn near impossible these days. There’s a lot to like in their game right now.

I took the Sabres with 2.8 odds and also bet the over on 5.5 goals.

The Bruins can go piss up a rope and suck on the soggy end as far as I'm concerned.

Not a hockey team I hate worse than the Bruins.

Plus, the bastards are a point up on us in the standings.

I took the Sabres with 2.8 odds and also bet the over on 5.5 goals.

The Bruins can go piss up a rope and suck on the soggy end as far as I'm concerned.

Not a hockey team I hate worse than the Bruins.

Plus, the bastards are a point up on us in the standings.

This is why we still tolerate you around here.  :w00t:

Team showed great resilience and mental toughness.

Scandella defended very well and he and Nelson did a good job against maybe the best line in the NHL.

Overall, the team pressured the puck and supported defensively in a way we haven’t seen much but are starting to see more often.

Haven’t really had a “bad” game since Dallas.

And Boston.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Team showed great resilience and mental toughness.

Scandella defended very well and he and Nelson did a good job against maybe the best line in the NHL.

Overall, the team pressured the puck and supported defensively in a way we haven’t seen much but are starting to see more often.

Haven’t really had a “bad” game since Dallas.

And ###### Boston.

It took them more than 20 games together before a goal was scored against them while they were on the ice. 

That is ludicrous.

Not sure where to put this, but Risto has hit his wall. This is exactly what he looked like as game 60 approached last year and the year before. 

I am shocked and blindsided by the fact that his play has and will continue to decline fairly rapidly from here to the end of the season. If only there is some way we could have foreseen this. 

Many of us said in 14-15 that there was a real chance that Risto could be carefully developed into a top pairing D man. And there was. And we proceeded to do everything wrong. 

4/11/15/+2 in Risto’s past 18 games.

Has he ever had a better run in non-fancy stats?

He was amazing in the first 40 games of each 15-16 and 16-17. 

Those stats look nice and correlate with our PP coming alive again and being over 30% in the last month. 

His mental sluggishness, dead legs, and inability to pass have firmly set in.

His worst game of the season was against the Islanders IMO.

He was amazing in the first 40 games of each 15-16 and 16-17.

Those stats look nice and correlate with our PP coming alive again and being over 30% in the last month.

His mental sluggishness, dead legs, and inability to pass have firmly set in.His worst game of the season was against the Islanders IMO.

Agree with most of that.

I think he’s been lacking the past 4 or 5 games.

Unlike the previous two years, he wasn’t great during the first half of this year.

But the month before that he was outstanding arguably the best hockey of his career.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

AS much as I don't want to see Jack out long term, the void he leaves could be filled by Reino.   He's been coming around lately, and this may challenge him to play an even bigger role.

Shut up.  :(

Fanbois gonna fanboi.

Hope you're right but not expecting it. Don't see him ready to be a top line C.

Fanbois gonna fanboi.

Hope you're right but not expecting it. Don't see him ready to be a top line C.

No one can replace Jack.

Sam did not play much, if any, centre when Jack went down last night.

He played a lot with O’Reilly and Kane and some beside Larsson. When he was with ERod I didn’t notice who was playing Centre.

Fanboying aside, Since the Sabres bye week, Reinhart is the third highest scorer in the NHL, 2 points behind Malkin with 4/10/14/+3 in 11 games.

Eye test says he’s been earning those points too.

I’ll keep watching anyway, but seeing How well he can keep this up is another reason.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Only because I have to counter my brother from another mother Swamp, I don't think the play on Jack was cheap. I think the Bruin was trying to get his stick on the puck and got blade instead. A penalty would have been nice. I don't think any blood needed to be extracted as payment. Doesn't matter. Philly boy isn't into that kind of thing anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.