All Star Game(s) Day Thread 3:30pm NBC

ubkev

Even though the last 2 games, Lehner's been perfect, the trade gets worse? Really?

(And fwiw, pretty much agree Boeser would be good to have here; but it could easily have been White instead & Lehner's top end is great. Issue is, he doesn't get there nearly often enough.

Taro, I really think you're out in left field on this one. Lehner is either criminally under-coached (by both the current and previous goaltender coaches) or just cannot learn fundamentals. He generally looks terrible; leaving the post open, going down too early only to be beaten high, losing the puck when it goes behind the net, and kicking out huge rebounds. There were plenty of people that we not happy with the trade at the time, it's not a stretch that the Sabres would have picked Boeser. I don't think it's a stretch the Sabres could have traded their 2nd round pick for Lehner if GMTM was a better negotiator and the Sabres could have both.

KNOWING he could get btb SO's on a regular basis, you'd've still chosen an unproven Boeser? Really? Calling BS here.

It turned out Murray was wrong, but it was a reasonable choice @ that time.

No, it really wasn't.  We pulled his stats in the thread right when that trade happened and nothing pointed to him being an above-average no.1 goalie.  His save % the year before was 0.905, and before that .913 (basically what our nobody goalies had just done on the Tank team).  He had a great 17 games spread out over the 2 years before that but the league figured him out after.

The Tank team was the least talented team in Sabres history.  Just get the best talent to put around Jack Eichel.  Why trade for a mediocre goalie that a team in your division doesn't mind giving you?

Taro, I really think you're out in left field on this one. Lehner is either criminally under-coached (by both the current and previous goaltender coaches) or just cannot learn fundamentals. He generally looks terrible; leaving the post open, going down too early only to be beaten high, losing the puck when it goes behind the net, and kicking out huge rebounds. There were plenty of people that we not happy with the trade at the time, it's not a stretch that the Sabres would have picked Boeser. I don't think it's a stretch the Sabres could have traded their 2nd round pick for Lehner if GMTM was a better negotiator and the Sabres could have both.

He's criminally undercoached on a 2 game SO streak? :huh:

As stated, I'm coming around to the trade not being the right decision in hindsight. But, the highs he's shown let me understand what Murray saw in him. Not either's fault that he blew out an ankle in the very 1st Sabres game. IF he could've sustained what we just saw last week, it was worth White definitely & probably Boeser. Trouble is, he hasn't sustained it regularly to date.

No, it really wasn't.  We pulled his stats in the thread right when that trade happened and nothing pointed to him being an above-average no.1 goalie.  His save % the year before was 0.905, and before that .913 (basically what our nobody goalies had just done on the Tank team).  He had a great 17 games spread out over the 2 years before that but the league figured him out after.

The Tank team was the least talented team in Sabres history.  Just get the best talent to put around Jack Eichel.  Why trade for a mediocre goalie that a team in your division doesn't mind giving you?

He was kept in the Otter food chain & Bishop was let go because of what the Otters thought his ceiling was. That he hasn't stayed at the ceiling does not discount what Murray'd watched. It appears now in hindsight he screwed up. But, given what he'd seen & what we've seen since, it's understandable why he made the trade. & had the 21 gone to Colorado & 31 to the Otters, people wouldn't heve their panties in such a bunch, IMHO.

I thought the game and weekend were fun.

I've been called much worse than a child.

I thought Jack did look lost there for a bit (did I hear right that the Atlantic didn't have enough D and were playing three forwards at times, which might explain him looking lost?).

I also thought Jack looked amazing at times and really stood out.

And did I hear somewhere that Lehner is in a 2 game shutout streak?

I thought Jack did look lost there for a bit (did I hear right that the Atlantic didn't have enough D and were playing three forwards at times, which might explain him looking lost?).

Don't know your source, but it likely isn't Fox News, CNN, nor MSNBC because it is veracious.

He was kept in the Otter food chain & Bishop was let go because of what the Otters thought his ceiling was. That he hasn't stayed at the ceiling does not discount what Murray'd watched. It appears now in hindsight he screwed up. But, given what he'd seen & what we've seen since, it's understandable why he made the trade. & had the 21 gone to Colorado & 31 to the Otters, people wouldn't heve their panties in such a bunch, IMHO.

And had he sent 21 to Colorado for ROR, there is a good chance that JT Compher is still on the Sabres. He is better than most of the bottom six on this team. And not only did he over paid for Lehner but he took a freaking salary dump as well. Granted they had the room, but still it’s the principal of the matter

Edited by Brawndo

He's criminally undercoached on a 2 game SO streak? :huh:

As stated, I'm coming around to the trade not being the right decision in hindsight. But, the highs he's shown let me understand what Murray saw in him. Not either's fault that he blew out an ankle in the very 1st Sabres game. IF he could've sustained what we just saw last week, it was worth White definitely & probably Boeser. Trouble is, he hasn't sustained it regularly to date.

He's undercoached all season (or can't learn). I'm happy he has two shutouts last week. I'll be happier if he starts keeping the puck out of the net on shots it seems like most other GTs save. I'm not optimistic, he hasn't been doing that all season, other than the last 2 games.

TL;DR: Sample size. If he keeps up his good play, keep him. If he plays the next 3 weeks like he has the entire season up to the last 2 games, trade him for whatever someone will give.

I thought it was interesting that Jack was the defacto defenseman for his line.

I thought it was interesting that Jack was the defacto defenseman for his line.

And in the 1st game he did well in that role. 1-3-4 +4 is reasonable for a single day's work. (Sorry Kucherov picking up the wrong skate on a line change doesn't negate a great 3rd assist effort.)

& though he was the defensive gorward, he was taking the draws.

Taro is pushing 70

You're confusing me w/ PA.

(And I've got the hair to prove it you freakishly calved specimen of a Sabres/Amerks fan. :p)

If I remembered how to ignore posters I'd be complaining that you keep circumventing it by quoting he/she/it. Please go back to arguing with Liger :p

Pretty sure I was. (Just not in the post you quoted. ;)

:lol: (Sorry, Liger, we're good. :thumbsup: :beer:)

You should change your diapers once in awhile. Sounds like you've got some chafing going on.

Da fok?!?!?

If that's the best you've got, go annoy one of the amateurs for a while. Maybe you'll get something ALMOST useful in your repertoire. (Not likely, but it is POSSIBLE. We can hope. Remember, we're all in this together & we're pulling for you.)

Dude. Coming from me: a guy who went for the throat at all times in a thread we'll never talk about again... delete your account.

If you read the exchange, I was stating my opinion, which was correct, that Eichel looked lost in the second game. I didn't get personal with anybody. Then xyz attacked me and I'm just defending myself. So now all the asshats are piling on. I'll go on expressing my opinion here, just to annoy you all.

If you read the exchange, I was stating my opinion, which was correct, that Eichel looked lost in the second game. I didn't get personal with anybody. Then xyz attacked me and I'm just defending myself. So now all the asshats are piling on. I'll go on expressing my opinion here, just to annoy you all.

I mean, do what you want. Your everything is horrible..look Eichel wasn't trying in the All-Star Game... attack is weaker than your usual weak attacks on the team (mostly, oh, hey, bad team lost to a better team....).

Just know that literally everyone rolls their eyes whenever your avatar roll up. Before the words.

XYZ attacked you? Seriously?

Say my name. And it wasn't an attack. It was a simple statement of fact.

And, it is not even remotely surprising that you express your opinion to annoy people. It is however surprising that you admit that fact at such minimal prodding. You must be tired, your game is slipping.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.