All Star Game(s) Day Thread 3:30pm NBC

ubkev

Taro's hair is better than mine and I'm 30.

Have seen his hair. This is true. :p

However, he can hold a conversation w/ anyone in the entire War Memorial regardless of where they are sitting w/out shouting.

Dude should've been a HS teacher. No chance anyone would try any monkey business in the hallways once they heard the voice of Odin cracking down. :beer:

For everybody's entertainment, I'll share my take on Eichel in the two games he played today. In the first  game, he was spectacular. He made great passes and plays and was a constant threat. But in the game that counted, the game that would have meant a $1 million prize for him and his teammates, he came up small. Maybe what someone else said was right...he was cast in an unfamiliar defensive role by the coach and he didn't engage. There were times that he looked like he was confused or he didn't care. For that, I wonder if he teammates wanted to kick his ass. $1 million is a lot of dough to s the bed. I think the early goal got him down and he got rattled. As a Sabre, he understands losing all too well; he felt that lump in the throat and the head went down and things started to go south...

But there was probably a combination of things happening...his teammates didn't step up either, the Marchands, the Auston Mathews etc. were pretty invisible... The bottom line was his team was outclassed by the McDavid team. I don't blame it totally on Eichel but he didn't lead. But chalk it up to experience. Maturity is the issue and I think eventually he'll be fine. He's only 21 and needs more time.

For everybody's entertainment, I'll share my take on Eichel in the two games he played today. In the first  game, he was spectacular. He made great passes and plays and was a constant threat. But in the game that counted, the game that would have meant a $1 million prize for him and his teammates, he came up small. Maybe what someone else said was right...he was cast in an unfamiliar defensive role by the coach and he didn't engage. There were times that he looked like he was confused or he didn't care. For that, I wonder if he teammates wanted to kick his ass. $1 million is a lot of dough to s the bed. I think the early goal got him down and he got rattled. As a Sabre, he understands losing all too well; he felt that lump in the throat and the head went down and things started to go south...

But there was probably a combination of things happening...his teammates didn't step up either, the Marchands, the Auston Mathews etc. were pretty invisible... The bottom line was his team was outclassed by the McDavid team. I don't blame it totally on Eichel but he didn't lead. But chalk it up to experience. Maturity is the issue and I think eventually he'll be fine. He's only 21 and needs more time.

So what's your excuse?

& btw, Eichel's goal in the 1st game was the game winner. Sorry to be the bearer of good news.

So what's your excuse?

& btw, Eichel's goal in the 1st game was the game winner. Sorry to be the bearer of good news.

Children... children... everyone take a powder and "don't come out of your rooms till you can be nice to each other... "  to quote my Dad when I was a teenager...  my thought always was... what's the fun in that... my brother's response... was mimicking my mom... yeh hit him Bill... just hit him Bill...

Children... children... everyone take a powder and "don't come out of your rooms till you can be nice to each other... "  to quote my Dad when I was a teenager...  my thought always was... what's the fun in that... my brother's response... was mimicking my mom... yeh hit him Bill... just hit him Bill...

Dude, you worked on Capital Hill & THIS is your take on the current exchange? (Where's the shaking your head emoji when you need it? :p )

There are people who agree with me and those who disagree. After sleeping on it, I suspect that Eichel was simply tired and made mistakes that last game. People should feel free to put into writing what they're thinking. Those who want to stamp out that right, well they're on ignore. Nothing personal.

I attribute the way Jack looked in the second game more to his usage and competition more than disinterest.

Although, trying that same power move to the middle of the ice two shifts in a row against Burns was a little troubling. 3v3 is a finesse possession game. There's just no reason to try that,… twice, but at least he was trying.

I'm guessing that they wanted Jack to be the defacto D man because he was probably the only one fast enough to, if not match McDavid's speed, minimize it. And if I'm not mistaken, McDavid was kept off the scoresheet. That's no small task.

I attribute the way Jack looked in the second game more to his usage and competition more than disinterest.

Although, trying that same power move to the middle of the ice two shifts in a row against Burns was a little troubling. 3v3 is a finesse possession game. There's just no reason to try that,… twice, but at least he was trying.

I'm guessing that they wanted Jack to be the defacto D man because he was probably the only one fast enough to, if not match McDavid's speed, minimize it. And if I'm not mistaken, McDavid was kept off the scoresheet. That's no small task.

Sounds reasonable. Despite the last game clunker...for different reasons...he has just started to scratch the surface as a terrific player and has much more great hockey in him. He's a horse and has unique skills. Overall I was pleased at how Jack represented our team. It looked like he was having fun out there and enjoyed the special comraderie of the elite players. Hope it gives him a boost.

The camera sucks! Who was the genius who thought using a drone for the camera for a fast paced 3 on 3 game?

The drone can’t keep up, it moves to one end and the action goes the other way, by the time it gets back, action shifted to other end.

The NHL has an interest drawing game and they make it almost unwatchable with the camera on a drone.

I just went back and re-watched the games. Someone mentioned this to me yesterday and I honestly didn't know what they were talking about. I must not have tuned in until later because NBC only used it in the first game between Central and Pacific, and then only for replays later.

Pretty sure it wasn't a drone, but one of those wire cameras they use in the NFL that hover over the huddles. I think with a little tweaking and getting some camera guys that actually have some practice with it, it could be kinda cool.

It is an all star game. I'm not against them trying something different on a game that nobody cares about anyway. I bet we see more of it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.