Baptiste called up

Brawndo

Up until this summer, I was very high on Baptiste....I thought he could be a legit 25-30 goal scorer in the NHL.  But, he showed very little in camp and has regressed in Rochester.

Hopefully there is something mentally that kicks in with him.  I fear he has more talent than Luke Adam..but may have the same head/heart as him.  Prove me wrong please, on the head/heart thing.

He's behind Pu, Bailey and Nylander for me and falling possibly as far back as behind Olofsson.  The speed is great, but he has regressed from a few seasons ago. Here's hoping he can prove that his skating and timing can put some goals into the net.  We need some more speed up top for sure.  Forcing a player back and not having to watch scrubs like Nolan again. 

This is unlikely a sign Kane has been traded or will be soon. The flu is going around the locker room. I suspect someone else is sick.

If Kane is being traded, a roster player is coming back in the deal and therefore no call up is likely needed.

Edited by Georgia Flakt

He's behind Pu, Bailey and Nylander for me and falling possibly as far back as behind Olofsson. The speed is great, but he has regressed from a few seasons ago. Here's hoping he can prove that his skating and timing can put some goals into the net. We need some more speed up top for sure. Forcing a player back and not having to watch scrubs like Nolan again.

He's behind Olofsson for me. Same age. Both in pro leagues. One has 21 goals the other 7.

This is unlikely a sign Kane has been traded or will be soon. The flu is going around the locker room. I suspect someone else is sick.

If Kane is being traded, a roster player is coming back in the deal and therefore no call up is likely needed.

Could be flu, but if the trade happens this afternoon and it's to a west coast team the replacement player may not be able to make it for a 1 pm ET game.

Up until this summer, I was very high on Baptiste....I thought he could be a legit 25-30 goal scorer in the NHL.  But, he showed very little in camp and has regressed in Rochester.

Hopefully there is something mentally that kicks in with him.  I fear he has more talent than Luke Adam..but may have the same head/heart as him.  Prove me wrong please, on the head/heart thing.

I see more of a 3rd / 4th liner who may score 15 but can play up in the lineup in a pinch.  Would be interested to hear what the coaches say about his defensive game. Think he has been killing Penalties in Rochester.

Speed alone should be an improvement over some of the current roster players.

I've been saying this for a while now.

Waiting until the deadline to try and get maximum value risks having him get his annual 15-20 game injury and becoming untradeable.

Then he leaves July 1st.

Have you not noticed that Kane is not playing with his normal reckless abandon? He’s playing to stay healthy. He’ll be fine. Edited by We've

Have you not noticed that Kane is not playing with his normal reckless abandon? He’s playing to stay healthy. He’ll be fine.

happens all the time though. It's not like bull in a china shop type players are the only ones who get injured. All it takes is a bad slash that breaks a bone in his hand or a high ankle sprain or something else along those line and we're .

He's less likely to be injured with the way he's been playing recently, but he's also been significantly less effective and productive.

###### happens all the time though. It's not like bull in a china shop type players are the only ones who get injured. All it takes is a bad slash that breaks a bone in his hand or a high ankle sprain or something else along those line and we're ######.

He's less likely to be injured with the way he's been playing recently, but he's also been significantly less effective and productive.

Of course to the first and last parts, but he is paid to play. I’m less likely to be injured if I don’t leave the house, butI still do once or twice a month.

*runs with scissors*

Point being, he’s not had his annual injury because he’s toned his game down. We don’t need to sweat if he’ll survive until deadline day any more than we need to sweat any other playet not named Bogosian.

Edited by We've

Have you not noticed that Kane is not playing with his normal reckless abandon? He’s playing to stay healthy. He’ll be fine.

That's how I'd do it. Do I want to spend April playing on Pittsburgh in playoff action for the first time in my life, or do I want to spend March on the couch with a bum shoulder watching my stupid Sabre teammates? 

Per Phil Housley, maintenance day for Kyle Okposo today. Nathan Beaulieu and Jacob Josefson skated on their own today. #Sabres  Per Bill Hoppe

beaulieu is single handily good for at least 1 turnover resulting in an opponent goalie per game or two. he is either really, really bad or just not playing.  :flirt:

Edited by fettmanlitenkappa

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.