Porky Palmer goal last night

PASabreFan

When Okposo scored last night off a weird board bounce, did anyone else think about the stories of Porky Palmer? For the uninitiated, Palmer was a trainer for the Sabres who used to stand by the Zamboni door and kick the door when the puck went past along the wall, sometimes sending the puck into the slot for a Sabres' chance.

It's hard to believe that was allowed. Everyone seemed to know he was doing it. The Buffalo Sabres, New England Patriots of the 70s.

https://buffalo74.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/how-encil-porky-palmer-kick-started-the-sabres-of-the-aud/

When Okposo scored last night off a weird board bounce, did anyone else think about the stories of Porky Palmer? For the uninitiated, Palmer was a trainer for the Sabres who used to stand by the Zamboni door and kick the door when the puck went past along the wall, sometimes sending the puck into the slot for a Sabres' chance.

It's hard to believe that was allowed. Everyone seemed to know he was doing it. The Buffalo Sabres, New England Patriots of the 70s.

https://buffalo74.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/how-encil-porky-palmer-kick-started-the-sabres-of-the-aud/

First thing I thought of seeing that goal. It was right in front me. The guys behind the glass were high-giving each other after the goal.

First thing I thought of seeing that goal. It was right in front me. The guys behind the glass were high-giving each other after the goal.

Interesting. Is it still possible to kick or push the modern boards and create that pinball effect?

So, was Porky the dude that swung open the door so that Schony could pound Cashman in the zamboni tunnel?

Wow! I had never noticed the man in the blue jacket. He becomes our umbrella man.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.