Interesting Incident at Practice Today January 10th, 2018

Brawndo

If we actually had a team or any chance whatsoever at the playoffs, this might be interesting news.

As it is, it just doesn't really matter.

I did enjoy Housley turning into Mr. Tough Guy in his post-game presser last night....threw Lehner under the bus right off the bat!  

:lol:

Great post!

:thumbsup:

And here's a question for you: when was the last time the Sabres played an "important" game in which we were trying to win?

I.E., tank games don't count.

I seem to recall a late season game in Washington against the Caps. We needed to win to maintain our meager chances of making the playoffs, with only 4 or 5 games left in the season.  Pommer got a great goal in that game when he intercepted the puck, and skated 2/3 of the ice along the far wall and scored.  Ruff was still the coach.

Who remembers that game?  It was a big deal at the time.

When was that?  6 years ago?  It's the last time I remember feeling nervous and pumped up for a big, important Buffalo Sabres hockey game.

(I think it was in March 2012)

I do, I was at Flappy's on Seneca and Transit IIRC. Pominville was on the PK, got the puck away from OV, and potted the SHG. I thought it was the around Thanksgiving or Xmas though; although at that time I was in Buffalo a lot so I could be wrong or mixing games up.

I do, I was at Flappy's on Seneca and Transit IIRC. Pominville was on the PK, got the puck away from OV, and potted the SHG. I thought it was the around Thanksgiving or Xmas though; although at that time I was in Buffalo a lot so I could be wrong or mixing games up.

Ah, you're right! The fact that I found that in like, 30 seconds; what a fascinating modern age we live in.

If we actually had a team or any chance whatsoever at the playoffs, this might be interesting news.

I did enjoy Housley turning into Mr. Tough Guy in his post-game presser last night....threw Lehner under the bus right off the bat!  

Great post!

And here's a question for you: when was the last time the Sabres played an "important" game in which we were trying to win?

I seem to recall a late season game in Washington against the Caps. We needed to win to maintain our meager chances of making the playoffs, with only 4 or 5 games left in the season.  Pommer got a great goal in that game when he intercepted the puck, and skated 2/3 of the ice along the far wall and scored.  Ruff was still the coach.

When was that?  6 years ago?  It's the last time I remember feeling nervous and pumped up for a big, important Buffalo Sabres hockey game.

It very well could be. Just so friggjn' numb right now. The last time that definitely mattered was the Filly series that Pominville got injured in game 6.

If the others played with Kane’s intensity, the team would be much better off.

I'll take the intensity, sure, but if the entire team had his hockey IQ, we might be a full blown AHL team.

If nothing else, Falk comes off like a wiener for yelling that Kane’s selfish.

A bit on the nose, eh?

Great post!

This is the one I remember, from April 2012 against the Leafs.  The Sabres were facing elimination and needed help to get into the playoffs, but as this game ended they were still in the hunt.

Why you guys bringing up these memories? I miss those teams. By the way that may have been Foligno's first game as a Sabre (it was around then) and it was also his best game as a Sabre. Really thought he would of turned into something more after watching that one.

I'm fascinated by this kerfuffle between Faulk and Kane.  I'm further fascinated by the team's response tonight.  Faulk is not exactly a team leader, which caught my attention initially.  He calls out Kane in front of the team and they responded tonight.  To me, this is some sort of unconscious vote by the team that Faulk was right.  Is Evander Kane a team killer?   

I'm fascinated by this kerfuffle between Faulk and Kane. I'm further fascinated by the team's response tonight. Faulk is not exactly a team leader, which caught my attention initially. He calls out Kane in front of the team and they responded tonight. To me, this is some sort of unconscious vote by the team that Faulk was right. Is Evander Kane a team killer?

Regardless of truth there will be no less like minded

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.