Driving for Lyft/Uber

darksabre

I'm a rider, not a driver. I can't change anything. But a guy who drives for both told me yesterday morning that he prefers Lyft's nav system.

I will say this: Even though Uber can't seem to get within two blocks of where I'm leaving or where I'm going without me telling the driver (via phone on pickup or while in the car on drop off), it's a lot more convenient, and often less expensive, than parking when going to events. I went to the USS Little Rock commissioning yesterday and then the Beauts game, and ride service is a beautiful concept for a day like that.

It's definitely a revaluation for WNY. Last night was much better than Friday. Urban environments can be difficult to navigate. If you are at a business (bar, restaurant, work) for the love of God put the name of the establishment in the app. I had a guy just guess the address for where he wanted to go and we ended up 6 blocks from his destination where if he just typed the name of the bar, I could have dropped him within a foot of the door. A lot of riders will choose the "current location" instead of verifying where that location is, or typing their address into the app. I'm way more convinced that the issue is more user related than app related. People be dumb yo.

It's definitely a revaluation for WNY. Last night was much better than Friday. Urban environments can be difficult to navigate. If you are at a business (bar, restaurant, work) for the love of God put the name of the establishment in the app. I had a guy just guess the address for where he wanted to go and we ended up 6 blocks from his destination where if he just typed the name of the bar, I could have dropped him within a foot of the door. A lot of riders will choose the "current location" instead of verifying where that location is, or typing their address into the app. I'm way more convinced that the issue is more user related than app related. People be dumb yo.

I will try this.

And you can expect close encounters of the flirty kind. One woman asked me to come inside for the tip as she didn't have cash. I politely declined and told her I was married. Another woman I helped her get her garage door open and I had to get out of there fast because things got weird quick.

You should file for sexual harassment. More men should. That would learn 'em.

You should file for sexual harassment. More men should. That would learn 'em.

I don't like the last sentence. No one should be harassed. But I do think women do it to men more than people realize (but not nearly as often as men do it to women). And maybe even moreso than women, men feel a lot of pressure to not say anything.

I don't like the last sentence. No one should be harassed. But I do think women do it to men more than people realize (but not nearly as often as men do it to women). And maybe even moreso than women, men feel a lot of pressure to not say anything.

There does seem to be an all-out assault on men these days, in many ways. 

Maybe men aren't bothered as much.    4 weeks ago I was drunk as hell at a bar, I mean really drunk, was mixing beer, with wodka and Tequila.

Two women 7 years older than me were actually having their hands all over me, not that I did mind a lot, but I was to drunk, one was begging my friend to drop me off at her place while I was waiting outside.

In hindsight you could say they crossed a line, after I said no multiple times, (only reason I said no was because I was to drunk though..)

If I was single or in a shittier marriage, I'd have engaged these situations as I am man and have penis. At least once a weekend, a situation presents itself where if I was single Uber wouldn't have been the only ride taken that night. I always think to myself, where was this when I was single.

So, I'm old and stuff and don't get all this new fangled stuff.

What is the difference between driving for Uber and picking up random hitchhikers?

Having each other's info. Someone tries something shady, your identity is known. Hitch hiking all bets are off cuz you don't have any of that. All payment are also handles through the app so it doesn't get weird when your stop is approaching.

• 2 weeks later...

Yall be safe and Uber tonight.

Picked up a seriously drunk woman who told me she was just leaving her tinder date. She asked me if anyone had... How shall I say... Leaked any fluids in my jeep before? I told her I hadn't thought about it until now. :unsure: :sick:

She of course the proceeded to ask me if I wanted to get a drink with her. I told her sorry I can't and I also am not really open to the idea of getting another's mans frosting on my canoli.

I wonder how people like it the first time someone pukes or takes a leak in your car.

Well the good thing about living in an open carry state like Texas is the first time someone did that, would be the last time they did that!!!!

• 1 month later...

My Uber driver tonight was Ed Kilgore!  I know he's just a local personality but it was really neat to talk with him about his career and stuff.

He looked in the mirror and said I wouldn't remember him.  Explained my age (I still have a beautiful babyface despite some grey on the sides) and yep.

He also autographed a nice note for my dad.

My Uber driver tonight was Ed ###### Kilgore!  I know he's just a local personality but it was really neat to talk with him about his career and stuff.

He looked in the mirror and said I wouldn't remember him.  Explained my age (I still have a beautiful babyface despite some grey on the sides) and yep.

That's friggen sweet! 

My Uber driver tonight was Ed ###### Kilgore!  I know he's just a local personality but it was really neat to talk with him about his career and stuff.

i hope you are kidding...i mean nothing wrong with it but that is very strange...

My Uber driver tonight was Ed ###### Kilgore! I know he's just a local personality but it was really neat to talk with him about his career and stuff.

He looked in the mirror and said I wouldn't remember him. Explained my age (I still have a beautiful babyface despite some grey on the sides) and yep.

No Schlitz! Bet he had some good stories about Barry Lillis.

:beer:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.