Sabres at Blackhawks, 12/8/2017, 8:30 pm ET

Doohickie

No kidding. My company "party" is free lunch in the on-site abandoned cafeteria (on my own time, of course).

My company used to have a good time at Good Luck in Rochester. Then it was Lasertron, also fine. I guess the rumors this year are they'll go bowling at the new barcade in Rochester and then go to a strip club so... super glad I left that place. They ran out all the other women save for 2, do what they want now I guess. 

As a self employed person my company party is just me and my cat, sadly drinking alone 

My company used to have a good time at Good Luck in Rochester. Then it was Lasertron, also fine. I guess the rumors this year are they'll go bowling at the new barcade in Rochester and then go to a strip club so... super glad I left that place. They ran out all the other women save for 2, do what they want now I guess.

As a self employed person my company party is just me and my cat, sadly drinking alone

I don't get strip clubs. I mean I understand wanting to see nekkid people and the supposed ability to engage said nekkid people into sexual solicitation but last time I went (for about 25 minutes last year), I wanted to give the girls a blanket and call their parents.

I don't get strip clubs. I mean I understand wanting to see nekkid people and the supposed ability to engage said nekkid people into sexual solicitation but last time I went (for about 25 minutes last year), I wanted to give the girls a blanket and call their parents.

bewbz tho

I just have no interest in the transaction. I can think of an endless list of things I would prefer to spend my money on and strippers are nowhere to be found. 

I DD'd a bachelor party to a strip club a few years ago. I had a beer and was impressed by the athleticism of a plus sized woman who was dancing, but other than that it was a completely pointless experience. 

I just have no interest in the transaction. I can think of an endless list of things I would prefer to spend my money on and strippers are nowhere to be found. 

I DD'd a bachelor party to a strip club a few years ago. I had a beer and was impressed by the athleticism of a plus sized woman who was dancing, but other than that it was a completely pointless experience. 

I know a few strippers. Well, ex-strippers. The athleticism on some of them is insane- one of my good friends is a hell of a pole dancer/aerialist. I've got nothing against someone earning their keep that way. From what I hear, though, most of them are younger women badly in need of a good friend and less drugs. Which is sad. You can really make bank if you are good enough to work peak times.

I've never been to a strip club. Almost went once with some friends for figure drawing (one of the dancers was a friend from school and encouraged us to show up for that purpose). Burlesque though... I'm all 'bout the burlesque. 

Edited by ABBA_älskare_69

My last strip club experience was a bachelor party about 15 years ago. I had the same reaction you described in the last sentence. I’m guessing it was having kids that changed my reaction. They do seem like kids to me now.

Sabres already reached their win quota for December

Blackhawks have lost 5 in a row

I dare people to watch this one

My second game of the year at the United Center.  Go Sabres!  PS:  Edmonton was the other, and tix were everywhere.

@ByMHarrington

#Sabres Kane-Eichel-Pominville,

Pouliot-ROR-Fasching,

Wilson-ErOd-Girgensons,

Nolan-Larsson-Reinhart.

@ByMHarrington

No sign of Kyle Okposo out here from what I can tell. Girgensons skated in his place. #Sabres

@ByMHarrington

As expected, Lehner in goal again. #Sabres

I upset myself when I quote this much Mike Harrington

Edited by Jokertecken

phrasal-verbs-with-go-300x277.jpg

The one I mention above is an aerial instructor, mainly hoop and sometimes pole. She's happily married (as are most of my friends who danced) to her man of 12+ years and has a kid on the way. She has competed nationwide on hoop and pole and is a bada$$ with absolutely no tolerance for bullsh!t. Boy, does she have some stories from her days as a dancer and a general hatred for men.

Most of my friends didn't dance for longer than a year when they were in college. Good money but not worth the b.s., harassment, and in a few cases, sexual assault/rape which was systematically covered up. Main reason I'll never go to a club. Not really supporting the dancers, which I'd happily do, you're supporting a mostly sh!t industry that really harms its moneymakers (male and female). Support your local burlesque troupe or something instead. It's a classier way to get a b0ner AND you're supporting the arts! I mean, for me, sexually oppressed/clinically depressed 19 year old working a pole vs Dita von Teese owning it in thigh highs- no contest. 

Pole dancing is one of our aerial arts. It's competitive and really tough. The main reason most of us do pole in minimal clothing is because you need bare skin to get grip on the metal to climb and invert. Cloth slides and can lead to some nasty injuries.  

Fun facts no one really cared to know, but since i have a bit of insight I guess, woo

ok, enough stripper talk and sexist disgust, i'm out, this thread is for sub-par hockey. 

Most of my friends didn't dance for longer than a year when they were in college. Good money but not worth the b.s., harassment, and in a few cases, sexual assault/rape which was systematically covered up. Main reason I'll never go to a club. Not really supporting the dancers, which I'd happily do, you're supporting a mostly sh!t industry that really harms its moneymakers (male and female). Support your local burlesque troupe or something instead. It's a classier way to get a b0ner AND you're supporting the arts! I mean, for me, sexually oppressed/clinically depressed 19 year old working a pole vs Dita von Teese owning it in thigh highs- no contest. 

boobz tho

The one I mention above is an aerial instructor, mainly hoop and sometimes pole. She's happily married (as are most of my friends who danced) to her man of 12+ years and has a kid on the way. She has competed nationwide on hoop and pole and is a bada$$ with absolutely no tolerance for bullsh!t. Boy, does she have some stories from her days as a dancer and a general hatred for men.

Hang on, you were a burlesque dancer? :)

In any case, haven't been to a club in a long time, last was in Houston on business travel. I briefly dated a former dancer, and it was kinda weird. She had all kinds of body image issues  despite being beautiful from having a job that was entirely based on looks.

boobz tho

Wouldn't expect any more from you ;)

Hang on, you were a burlesque dancer? :)

In any case, haven't been to a club in a long time, last was in Houston on business travel. I briefly dated a former dancer, and it was kinda weird. She had all kinds of body image issues  despite being beautiful from having a job that was entirely based on looks.

Nope. Always kinda wanted to, though, know a few. My best friend has those big ostrich feather fans that I've considered stealing for a routine someday. Might perform in something burlesque-y on chains with troupe at some point though. I mean, jeans and a bra isn't that scandalous anyways. I'd consider burlesque more if I wasn't so rhythmically challenged. Seriously, I've tried sexy, you'd get farther slapping a slice of wonderbread on a support beam. 

The bolded does not surprise me at all. I didn't touch on that in my treatise/rant, but eating disorders and body dysmorphia are par for the course for those ladies. I think any time you're baring your body for visual consumption you're opening yourself up for criticism- and no one's a harsher critics than the worst case scenario ones in your head. 

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but just go make your own stripper thread

@ByMHarrington
Housley said Okposo took the morning off but will play. Gorges the scratch on D. Girgensons stays out. Same lineup as in Denver. #Sabres

Sorry. Fu**ing off now. Fu** off with the ice girls while we're at it. 

Sorry. Fu**ing off now. Fu** off with the ice girls while we're at it. 

I would like to apologize; I didn't mean for the picture to lead down the tangents it did and shouldn't have posted it.  One picture like that was funny (in the last GDT); two loses its charm, so to speak.

I will say this though.... you're providing insight into this subject that most of us lame-brained men never considered and humanizing a segment of the population that is typically objectified by men, and for that I'd like to thank you.  Your candor is appreciated, even if I and the other dudes here respond like seventh graders sometimes.

The Hawks are due, but then again, so are the Sabres.

The shipping off of Matty to Siberia and the bringing in of Wilson seemed to light a fire in Colorado.  I bet it continues.

Lehner with the Miller shut out tonight in a huge win for the Sabres.  Risto finally breaks the Dmen goose egg.

GO SABRES!!

The Hawks are due, but then again, so are the Sabres.

The shipping off of Matty to Siberia and the bringing in of Wilson seemed to light a fire in Colorado.  I bet it continues.

Lehner with the Miller shut out tonight in a huge win for the Sabres.  Risto finally breaks the Dmen goose egg.

GO SABRES!!

McCabe broke that last game ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.