GDT: 11/17/17 Sabres at Wings. 7:30pm MSG, WGR

ubkev

I honestly am concerned about eichel, he's not looking good at all.

Maybe even more concerning is the lack of retaliation of glendening, he scored on us and then cheap shotted our star.... Maybe I imagine coach showing that in intermission and saying "you know what you need to do" but no, nothing.... No fire, no fight, no talent... Brutal

It's an example of a player not fulfilling their role. He wasn't an upgrade.

Yes he literally was. Deslauriers was, literally, the worst player to play in the NHL with any real sample size of minutes. Literally.

5 goals against but DLo had a 0 plus/minus.

because he played 3 minutes. Is plus minus in a one game sample size really what your evidence is?

Yes he literally was. Deslauriers was, literally, the worst player to play in the NHL with any real sample size of minutes. Literally.

because he played 3 minutes. Is plus minus in a one game sample size really what your evidence is?

Your exaggerations about DLo are ridiculous. You implied they lost to Arizona because of him, which just isn't true. What has Nolan contributed? He's invisible in games, whereas DLo would play his role and forecheck. He at least had a fight for Montreal. Nolan shows no passion.

There are others that are contributing nothing, such as Larsson, Griffith, and Moulson, and the team wouldn't miss them either.

Your exaggerations about DLo are ridiculous. You implied they lost to Arizona because of him, which just isn't true. What has Nolan contributed? He's invisible in games, whereas DLo would play his role and forecheck. He at least had a fight for Montreal. Nolan shows no passion.

There are others that are contributing nothing, such as Larsson, Griffith, and Moulson, and the team wouldn't miss them either.

Eeeehehehehe. I think I needed this.

I thought both of the goals Lehner gave up in the third were terrible.

Was there any doubt that he was going to choke in the third period of a tied game?

The Sabres have a ton of issues, but it starts with goaltending IMHO.

If Ullmark has a good first half, they should see if he can carry the mail after New Year’s.

Lehner is not the guy.

DLo would not play his role. Read the threads from last year. It was the number one goddamn complaint about him in every single game. "He's so useless when he's not checking or fighting. get him out of here. I never want to see des play another game here." Over and over and over and ###### over last season. dozens of posters. Every other night. All winter.

I did the work last year. Among forwards with something like 350 minutes, he had the worst possession numbers in the entire ###### NHL. He was the bottom row out of hundreds and hundreds of rows. We got shelled with him on the ice like no other team in the league got shelled with their worst player on the ice. As bad as Nolan gets shelled, he is several integers better in every single metric there is. In a league where 90% of the teams are within a few percentage points in these numbers. There is no exaggeration here.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Also its 06.30 am, I got drunk after work.

Checked all the scores , don't think much happened.

But I do want to say this/

I had some Tequila in me, beer in me, wodka in me, but....

I love all you guys, I no longer look at the buffalo sabres as my team,

You guys are my team, for good and for worse we hang together.

I mean 8 years we are sucking, we still being strong.

I'm up at 04.00 am, Modo, some other Euro guys we might not now.

we see them all suck, but coming here , on this forum with you guys eases it all.

it , we suck another year, I don't care, I love the sabres, frak all the rest.

Was there any doubt that he was going to choke in the third period of a tied game?

If Ullmark has a good first half, they should see if he can carry the mail after New Year’s.

Lehner is not the guy.

Didn't you know once the Sabres score one, that's it?  They must lead the league with the most 1-goal games the last 5 years.

Arguing about dlo when we have a 10 million dollar punk going through the motions...funny

Arguing about dlo when we have a 10 million dollar punk going through the motions...funny

I liked him with Richie Blackmores rainbow

Edited by calti

This isn't fun any more. 

I've been a fan since the 70s. Maybe that's long enough. 

This isn't fun any more. 

I've been a fan since the 70s. Maybe that's long enough. 

after a while it just gets stupid....we can suspend reality and believe that the teams give a damn about us and the community when they are busting their butts.If they aren't it just leaves us with the cold stark reality that these very wealthy players and organizations don't give a damn about the fans.and it is stupid to let a Buffalo sports team loss other than your kids high school game or some such thing affect your mood or your life one bit.   we could relate to the decades we had a real superstars in perrault and Hasek...and they weren't making a ton more money than we were(or our parents were) back then.And they busted their ass.  I think pro sports is heading downhill rapidly no matter what the sport.

Edited by calti

I have no idea if this is actually the case, but this team consistently plays like they have turned on Housley and he has "lost the room."

I actually do not think that is the case.  Rob Ray has said since Phil's signing that he would be a good coach for this team and that the kids would like him; he is a new-era type coach who coddles more than he whips.

There is most certainly some kind of "culture" problem on this team that is a much bigger deal than the playing performance of any one particular player or group of players.

Could our goalie be better?  Yes.  Does our D suck ass?  Yes.  Do we need more speed all over the ice?  Yes.  Do we need more depth and scoring from the wings?  YES....

But none of that stuff is going to matter if the team is going to decide,  on most nights, that they are not much interested in playing hockey.

If nothing happens before then, this should be a very entertaining trade deadline in February.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us ship out entire chunks of the team, wholesale.

"Comes down to being prepared to play... we need more commitment to winning." Phil

Say what you want about Phil's strategy, these kind of quotes continually are popping up, and it's starting to look real damning on our players. It looks like Eichel and Reinhart put more planning into how they were going to approach the facilities for training camp together than how they were going to approach the games.

Jack stops skating as soon as he gets the puck now, it's like he's taken the "slow the game down" meme to ridiculous levels. He used to blow by people, he doesn't even try it anymore.

Quick, think of the last time Jack drove the net hard with the puck to get in on a semi-breakaway..

Cause I can't.

Lehner is not the guy.

It most assuredly doesn't seem to be starting with the goaltending: In fact, Lehner started the game on fire today, bailing us out with save after save to keep it scoreless. For the first two periods. Minus the last 55 seconds of the second when they finally scored.

It starts with ineptitude from all positions not named goaltender. Lehner just joins the party after he realizes no one wants to do sh*te out there. It's like a goalie can't build up any positive credit in your view during a game, only remain neutral while they pitch a shutout. He's rarely going to give up an inconsequential goal, because generally we aren't going to be scoring more than a goal a game.

I'm not that concerned about Lehner choking in the third, when the rest of our roster has been actively choking in the game so far up to that moment.

Edited by Thorny

I thought the goals "could've" been saves, but they weren't on him.... A man not tied up in front, and a Sabre setting the perfect screen for the other team.

The lack of pressure in the O zone is something this team has not been even ok at in years, I relate this to the O in football not having time of possession and the D getting worn down... Multiply this by the lack of talent on D and you really have a mess

Kane on Lehner:

"I have to mention [Lehner]. I can't say enough about his game all year. He's been outstanding. He makes 4 or 5 highlight reel saves every night. Nobody talks about it outside of probably this locker room. He deserves a lot of credit. We left him to hang out to dry. He should have had a shutout tonight with how well he played."

Kane on Lehner:

"I have to mention [Lehner]. I can't say enough about his game all year. He's been outstanding. He makes 4 or 5 highlight reel saves every night. Nobody talks about it outside of probably this locker room. He deserves a lot of credit. We left him to hang out to dry. He should have had a shutout tonight with how well he played."

Good leadership by Kane.

Once again the offense puts up one goal...

What has happened to Jack? He is on his way to finishing outside the top 50 in scoring. We are screwed when that contract kicks in if he plays like this. Boston sleeper agent sent in to ensure we suck?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.