Sabres Trying to Avoid Snap Decision with Reinhart

WildCard

Samson when he found out 

giphy.gif

That's pretty much what I said yesterday in the Anaheim GDT:

If asked about it, I'm pretty sure Sam would say, "As long as it counts on our side, it doesn't matter who gets the credit."

But inside he's thinking "YES!  YES!  YES!"

Also, Sam's been a member of the team longer, and will probably have a much longer tenure with the team going forward, so it's like rooting for your son versus someone who just happens to be on your son's team.  :D

With the 3 YESes even!

This team does not have enough offensive talent. When Nylander or Mittlestadt start having 40+ point seasons then maybe, until then absolutely not.

Agreed.

The top two lines of this team in 1-2 years should be made up of some combination of Eichel, O'Reilly, Reinhart, Okposo, Mittelstadt and Nylander.

Nylander - Eichel - Mittelstadt

O'Reilly - Reinhart - Okposo

well, like all such things, it's predictive not determinative.

Right. But we don't know if it's predictive yet. Or, at least, what exactly it's predicting, if anything, at this early stage.

It's a promising development, but not yet a result.

Mittlestadt is a lefty

Mittelstadt is. Not sure about the guy you are referencing.

:p

Funny how before preseason when I said trade Reinhart I got scorn and ridicule and now................not such a far fetched concept is it?

Gonna warn you all now though, we aren't going to get as much as you think for him. That might actually be the only reason they don't trade him. The best trade would be a fast winger and a team might make that deal IF they want to unload salary, but for that to be a possibility we'd first have to jettison some salary of our own. So if they can unload one or more of Kane, ROR, Okposo (or Moulson but that's a pipe dream) then I say he is definitely traded at the deadline latest.

of course if we are actually a playoff team with some miracle that changes everything but it seems unlikely. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.