GDT: Sabres at Islanders, Sat 10/7/17, 7:00 PM

nfreeman

It's early, but at what point do we move on from the Lehner experiment? His supporters will point to stats but the fact is he's not stable mentally and he's terrible in shootouts. He lets in a lot a terrible goals but then makes a great save. I've never been a fan. I just feel the team doesn't play as well in front of him.

It's early, but at what point do we move on from the Lehner experiment? His supporters will point to stats but the fact is he's not stable mentally and he's terrible in shootouts. He lets in a lot a terrible goals but then makes a great save. I've never been a fan. I just feel the team doesn't play as well in front of him.

Here's a post I made a while back. 

I think they come out of the gate looking turrible mostly due to Lehner magically becoming a sieve overnight due to Housley's system. 

Chad Johnson then wins the starting job and we go on a tear from mid-November through the holidays. 

Johnson gets hurt before the WC, in which Lehner makes his triumphant return and somehow shuts out the Rangers. 

Lehner then plays really well through January but the team can't get a win to save its life. Jack is cold. 

Things come back together in February and they play pretty well down the stretch.

Lehner hangs onto the starting job until April when Chad takes it back. We miss the playoffs by 2 points thanks to our slow January. 

Edited by d4rksabre

Its early but I'm starting to understand your point. He doesn't seem to have any confidence and teams all have the book on his weaknesses. 

Edited by bunomatic

I think Chad Johnson takes the position of starter before too long, if the coaching staff gives him the chance.

How quickly Lehner gets in his own head is remarkable.

The. 2nd shorty wasn’t his fault but 3 and 4 have to be saved. He became unglued so quickly.

On a side note, Sam Reinhart is not looking good. Playing very soft. He needs to play tougher than he does. He could find himself moved down the lineup very soon if his game doesn’t pick up.

Should I be happy that when this board noticed stuff, Dan never responded, but Phil has already plugged Larsson with Sam and dropped Pouliot to the fourth line?

It is better than the alternative. I do think he will reward players who are deserving of it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.