2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

31 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Right now Bogosian or McCabe is still on the second pair, right? Two injuries from Nelson, Beaulieu, or Guhle? 

I'd like another move or two this offseason for sure.

I envision Bogo on the 3rd pair (RD) and McCabe as Risto’s partner on the 2nd pair.  My guess is that Jbot thinks McCabe would thrive as a stay at home partner for Risto or Dahlin.  

I also don’t have a problem letting a kid like Guhle stepping into a greater role if he earns it.  Right now I have him paired with Bogo on the 3rd pair.  However it’s equally likely that Bogo gets hurt and Nelson steps in.

While I think this could work, I suspect Jbot wants additional insurance and could want Guhle to start in Roch again.

I am wondering how that would be implemented? Would it be a button you push and then you get a pop up window where you insert the lineup and that it inserted into your post?

Should there be some sort of persistency where everyone has their own personal line up that is saved and then tweaked as they see fit?

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

I am wondering how that would be implemented? Would it be a button you push and then you get a pop up window where you insert the lineup and that it inserted into your post?

Should there be some sort of persistency where everyone has their own personal line up that is saved and then tweaked as they see fit?

Dunno, but it would be really helpful for game day threads!

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

How do they do it on fantasy sports sites?

I can use php programming language to create dynamic graphics, but I have never done it before. Integrating it into the workflow is a separate obstacle.

Man.. that would be really cool.  Really cool.

Would you implement it as a form to take the input or just have people pass the numbers in?

I would then pull the numbers from some kind of database that had the name, picture, etc.  

It could be awesome.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Man.. that would be really cool.  Really cool.

Would you implement it as a form to take the input or just have people pass the numbers in?

I would then pull the numbers from some kind of database that had the name, picture, etc.  

It could be awesome.

I have been reading how to do this and the eaisiest way is to just accept text input and overlay it on a graphic. 

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I have been reading how to do this and the eaisiest way is to just accept text input and overlay it on a graphic. 

Nice...looking forward to it.  You are on the clock! ?

Sheary - Eichel - Reinhart

E-Rod - Mittelstadt - Thompson

Sobotka - Burglund - Okposo

Baptiste - Girgensons - Pominville

That’s how I’d draw up the lines as it currently stands. High power first line. Then give the young Mittelstadt line some sheltered, offensive minutes. Create a more veteran line with the new Blues and Okposo. Then throw someone fast on the 4th line and hope they can skate circles around Pominville while maybe putting a puck or two on net. 

Also, love the lineup template idea. Would be an awesome add-on. Thanks for pursuing that, SDS!

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Hasn’t the Eichel/Reinhart combo performed poorly to date?

I thought they looked great the first time they played together. More recently, they didn’t reignite that chemistry. 

I wouldn’t be opposed to putting Samson and Casey together. I just don’t want to attach an anchor to Jack’s right. So Okposo would need to rebound. Or we would have to give a young kid one hell of an opportunity to play with Jack!

1 minute ago, Briere48 said:

Where's Wilson? He is surely going to be on the opening night roster.

Hmmm you’re right. I overlooked him since he was stapled to ROR last year and now that line is scrapped. 

I had Baptiste out of position on the left side. If one of the young RW makes the team, maybe Pominville rides the pine? We have an oddly full roster if we want to run out some young guys. 

Or maybe Reinhart does move back to C, opening up another wing spot and bumping Girgy to the wayside

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I envision Bogo on the 3rd pair (RD) and McCabe as Risto’s partner on the 2nd pair.  My guess is that Jbot thinks McCabe would thrive as a stay at home partner for Risto or Dahlin.  

I also don’t have a problem letting a kid like Guhle stepping into a greater role if he earns it.  Right now I have him paired with Bogo on the 3rd pair.  However it’s equally likely that Bogo gets hurt and Nelson steps in.

While I think this could work, I suspect Jbot wants additional insurance and could want Guhle to start in Roch again.

The key for me is what side Dahlin ends up playing. If he plays on the left, I really think bringing in another RHD is a necessity.

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The key for me is what side Dahlin ends up playing. If he plays on the left, I really think bringing in another RHD is a necessity.

While another RD is pretty much a necessity if Dahlin plays on his strong side, it could be possible that they'd start the year w/ him paired w/ Bogosian for the 1st 15 games until Bogosian breaks & then slide him to his natural side.  Then he'd get paired w/ McCabe or Guhle until he beats out Ristolainen & becomes Scandella's partner on the top pair.

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Baptiste, Rodrigues, Bailey all have to clear waivers now, I wonder how that effects them going forward if at all. 

Do you think there’s a chance Rodrigues isn’t on the team to start the year?

If you project over a full season, he was more productive than Pominville, Berglund, Sobotka, Girgensons, Wilson and Larsson and some would say he was better than Okposo too. Casey and Thompson are unproven.

I would waive Pominville and Larsson before I waive Baptiste or Bailey, but I can see Botterill disagreeing.

Personally, I’d love to see a Baptiste Erod Bailey fourth line.

34 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Baptiste, Rodrigues, Bailey all have to clear waivers now, I wonder how that effects them going forward if at all. 

If they can’t make the lineup for a team who just finished 31st in the NHL, I don’t think we’d have to worry about anyone poaching them to be honest. 

Similar to Pominville being send down and passing waivers in 2005. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.