3 Sabres file for arbitration

GASabresIUFAN

Lehner signs for one year per Sabres Twitter.

Now I'm wondering what the Sabres offered Lehner initially if a one year deal is enough to avoid arbitration.

1x4 mill I hear.   and still keeps him as RFA.    If he does well this year he'll get the long term deal.

Lehner signs for one year per Sabres Twitter.

Now I'm wondering what the Sabres offered Lehner initially if a one year deal is enough to avoid arbitration.

Is there some limitation on the term of a deal in this situation (1 or 2 year deals), or is that only after an arbitration award?

I like the deal for many reasons, not the least of which is Lehner's pretty clearly betting on himself. I have to think he could have had more guaranteed money based on a prior offer (unless the Sabres all along had only been offering a 1-year deal (seems unlikely)). But taking the 1-year deal means he's confident he is going to have a very good year.

Also, Tom Golisano approves of this contract. :ph34r:  

Is there some limitation on the term of a deal in this situation (1 or 2 year deals), or is that only after an arbitration award?

I like the deal for many reasons, not the least of which is Lehner's pretty clearly betting on himself. I have to think he could have had more guaranteed money based on a prior offer (unless the Sabres all along had only been offering a 1-year deal (seems unlikely)). But taking the 1-year deal means he's confident he is going to have a very good year.

Only after an award.   They were free to agree on anything up to eight years.

The limitation on term is 8 years.

Only the arbitration award is limited to 1 or 2 years (& 2 years is only an option if there are at least 2 years left of RFA eligibility; an arbitrated deal won't cut into UFA years).

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.